Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

19 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

There is nothing that has come out about the aggy coach situation that leads me to believe they engaged in any complex planning process. 

I think you need to give aggy more credit.

By credit, I mean extend them a significant line of credit so they can afford a new future championship winning coach.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

There is nothing that has come out about the aggy coach situation that leads me to believe they engaged in any complex planning process. 

They're pretty cocksure that they can just go out and get whoever they want because they're rich rich rich. A&M is the capital city of unjustified levels of self-confidence.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

They're pretty cocksure that they can just go out and get whoever they want because they're rich rich rich. A&M is the capital city of unjustified levels of self-confidence.

They're pretty cocksure that they can just go out and get whoever they want because they're rich rich rich. A&M is the capital city of the state of delusion.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why are you using Urban Meyer at Utah as your comparison? The proper comparison to make at this point is Urban Meyer at Bowling Green

image.png.fe5b32035707547d9416abd6b97185dd.png

How fucking dare Urban lose to 5-6 Western Michigan and 7-5 Miami(Oh)!

I didn’t bring up Urban to compare the two. Urban was 37 when he got the BG job. Hell, he’s only 4 years older than Traylor RIGHT NOW.  I have no idea where the idea that Traylor is some young guy on the come-up is coming from.  

Some of y’all have been Traylor pilled by IT. I respect what he did at Gilmer and so far at UTSW. He’s a good coach. He’s closer to the end of his career than the beginning though, and he’s yet to prove that he can be an elite big program cfb coach. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Some of y’all have been Traylor pilled by IT. I respect what he did at Gilmer and so far at UTSW. He’s a good coach. He’s closer to the end of his career than the beginning though, and he’s yet to prove that he can be an elite big program cfb coach. 

The bolded can be said about 99% of coaches before they get to the elite big program. 

Traylor got a late start in the college game....how can you hold that against him while he was coaching TXHSFB and winning state titles? 

Hell Nick Saban was 53 when he won his 1st title for reference. I assume at the time Saban was "closer to the end of his career than beginning though, right?

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The bolded can be said about 99% of coaches before they get to the elite big program. 

Traylor got a late start in the college game....how can you hold that against him while he was coaching TXHSFB and winning state titles? 

Hell Nick Saban was 53 when he won his 1st title for reference. 

I’d like to check your math on 99%, but I won’t argue that slam dunk hires for elite programs are rare. There is usually going to be a certain amount of projection and hope that the guy will translate to the bigger stage. 

I’m not holding his Gilmer time against him, it’s just that it’s almost irrelevant in evaluating him as a candidate. Someone mentioned earlier, TX high school success hasn’t translated into college success. So he’s a coach in his mid 50s with his most relevant experience being 5 years as a cfb position coach and success in 4 years as a head coach in conference USA. He may kill it at his next job, but that’s a pretty thin resume. 

I have no idea what Saban’s age when he won his first title has to do with anything. There are zero similarities about their career trajectories. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

Patterson is an absolute hardass and raging dickhead, 50% of that roster would transfer out by the end of spring. If there is one coach who is not ready for the new era of CFB and already struggled dealing with elite talent before NIL and the transfer portal, it’s Gary Patterson.

Which is probably exactly what needs to happen over there if they ever want to change their culture. Growing pains be damned they might be better off in the long run. Which means it won’t happen, but don’t tell them just in case..

If I am understanding the various looch post screenshots, aggy fired jimbo and all that entails, without doing any preliminary candidate search or vetting prior, will start from scratch and perform an exhaustive search, interview candidates mid season, and have a new coach chosen in 2 or 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If I am understanding the various looch post screenshots, aggy fired jimbo and all that entails, without doing any preliminary candidate search or vetting prior, will start from scratch and perform an exhaustive search, interview candidates mid season, and have a new coach chosen in 2 or 3 weeks. 

Sounds like money well spent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Jeff Traylor is 2-6 against top 50 teams at UTSA (per ESPN efficiency). I bet it will be 2-7 after they play Tulane. 

i wrote a long message about this then lost it because i accidentally closed the tab and it didn't save my work

i pulled data from FEI where Traylor is 2-6 as well and Elko is 4-6 vs the same top 50 teams.

really pissed bc i had included who those teams they lost to were and the fact that Traylor lost 4 of his 6 in the first season he was at UTSA.

IF Elko turns them down they are in a world of hurt. there is no reason for that guy to say no and his success will depend on his offensive hires - he is a very, very good DC and i can't wait to hear the gnashing of teeth in college station when he brings Santucci back with him

image.png.b20cdf5f733c8e841ae2511a4eb87b4c.png

really, how many of those guys are going to be coming with him on the offensive side to A&M?

maybe he keeps Blackwell (good hire) and Coley (who can recruit) but will he actually keep Petrino? no way they keep Dameyune Craig and Addazio is toast after this year.

Blackwell and Coley also make sense kind of whatever happens with the offense there - Coley can flex between a couple of different positions and Blackwell is good. so that leaves him OC/QB coach, WR/TE depending on Coley and OL coaches.

here is his current OL's coaching history (Adam Cushing)

image.png.45abe3aec5d2125ef2a17c4edbdac472.png

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

i wrote a long message about this then lost it because i accidentally closed the tab and it didn't save my work

i pulled data from FEI where Traylor is 2-6 as well and Elko is 4-6 vs the same top 50 teams.

really pissed bc i had included who those teams they lost to were and the fact that Traylor lost 4 of his 6 in the first season he was at UTSA.

IF Elko turns them down they are in a world of hurt. there is no reason for that guy to say no and his success will depend on his offensive hires - he is a very, very good DC and i can't wait to hear the gnashing of teeth in college station when he brings Santucci back with him

really, how many of those guys are going to be coming with him on the offensive side to A&M?

maybe he keeps Blackwell (good hire) and Coley (who can recruit) but will he actually keep Petrino? no way they keep Dameyune Craig and Addazio is toast after this year.

Blackwell and Coley also make sense kind of whatever happens with the offense there - Coley can flex between a couple of different positions and Blackwell is good. so that leaves him OC/QB coach, WR/TE depending on Coley and OL coaches.

I looked up Adam Cushing.

Adam Cushing is an American college football coach. He is currently the offensive line coach at Duke University. Cushing served as the head football coach at Eastern Illinois University from 2019 to 2021, compiling a record of 3–26. A native of Chicago, Cushing played college football at the University of Chicago

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Fair but agree to disagree. 2-7 against top 50 teams doesn't give you pause on hiring a coach? 

I should also specify that only 2 of those games were against a P5 team (Texas and Tennessee).  So while it is UTSA, the top 50 teams they were playing weren't P5 juggernauts. 

i mean, its fucking UTSA. look at how bad they were before he got there and then look at the fact he was 0-4 vs top 50 teams in FEI in year 1, then 2-2 since.

idk what you want the UTSA coach to do. he took over a bad program that fired the prior coach and will have the #1, #2, #3 (tied), #4 (tied) seasons by wins in program history.

he has absolutely exceeded expectations at UTSA. if they lose to Tulane he is going to have finished his 4 years at UTSA finishing 2nd, 1st, 1st, 3rd in conference standings. this at a school that had 2 winning seasons in their first 9 years of existence and were 2 years off a year where they were bowl eligible but not selected for a bowl.

what more could you have asked him to do if you are the president or AD of the UTSA program?

image.thumb.png.f5c39a1894054326bb00d7e658097d81.png

this is also anecdotal but nobody in the greater SA area gave two fucks about UTSA before he was there, that has changed.

1200x0.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, NoName said:

OMG, I forgot about Santucci. LOL please bring him back. 

parksandrecreation-please.gif

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

OMG, I forgot about Santucci. LOL please bring him back. 

honestly i think he's fine.

what's more likely to you? Elko's protoge (who he hired as DC btw) is shit or Durkin was fucking with the LB room/targets/coaching?

Santucci was fine with Elko there the immediately went to shit once Elko left and Durkin came in

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1 hour ago, Jabberwocky said:

Sounds like money well spent. 

If I am understanding things correctly…

Looch is writing what he is being told to write by the people who give him access to more inside information than the outgoing head coach had. 

I’m interpreting that A&M already had 2 to 3 coaches that they were fine with and are using this time to see if they can pull a dream candidate while seeing out the regular season.

No matter how much we all laugh at them, they are in a much better situation going into next year than they were 7 days ago.

Edited by Napoleon

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

So they paid Jimbo $77 million for the right to pick between Elko and Traylor. That’s some good Bull right there. 

I am surprised that we haven’t heard Barry Odom’s name, yet.  Seems like a logical candidate with SECx3 experience and some success.

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

what's more likely to you? Elko's protoge (who he hired as DC btw) is shit or Durkin was fucking with the LB room/targets/coaching?

Santucci was fine with Elko there the immediately went to shit once Elko left and Durkin came in

Santucci just relays Elko's calls. He's a sock puppet.

40 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No matter how much we all laugh at them, they are in a much better situation going into next year than they were 7 days ago.

Completely disagree.  They probably had an 8 win season next year with Bilbo.  They would have been able to hold on to at least some of that "best class ever," and the schedule is butter.

Now, almost whoever they sign, they're going to lose even more in the portal.  A new coach with a new approach, and everything that brings, will end up knocking them down even further.  Except for what Dykes was able to do with Patterson's players last year, you almost never see a new coach come in and show marked improvement the first two years.  Their roster is an absolute mess as is, with massive holes in OL, secondary, and paper thin LB.  Throw in defections, in particular any at the key positions of DL and QB, and they are truly screwed.  

aggy is in for another 5 year rebuild.  For which they will continue to pay Bilbo $7.5mm every year.  

I'm here for it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

55 minutes ago, NoName said:

I am thinking more on the recruiting front. He was abysmal. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

Elko's not turning them down. If you believe that scoundrel @closetojumping he's actively lobbying for the job. He just gave a non-denial denial re: his interest in the position. 

That being said, if they fire Jimbo and end up with fucking Elko, I will laugh heartily. 

I'm still rooting for Dabo so we get to ride this rollercoaster again. It's a really fun ride.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I'm still rooting for Dabo so we get to ride this rollercoaster again. It's a really fun ride.

Truth. Life will be a little less vibrant without having Jimbo around to mock. Fortunately the aggies are clever at finding new and amusing ways in which to screw up and embarrass themselves.

13 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

You're in luck.  At least one genius Clemson messageboard fan thinks he's already in the state of Texas.  Not in CS, though . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

So buckle up. I’m hearing through the grapevine that whoever is hired will have an expanded war chest to go after talent right away. 

I don't think there was any doubt about that.  This whole process is happening because Texas is coming into the SEC with all of the momentum - and aggy is going to try to do everything in there power to stop it.  The worst thing that could happen, in their minds, is to lose that game in Kyle Field next year.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So buckle up. I’m hearing through the grapevine that whoever is hired will have an expanded war chest to go after talent right away. 

Oh I am sure they will be shouting that from the rooftops on every media platform in the country while half the roster heads for the exits. It's like the lady at the bar who has been divorced 6 times bragging about how good she is in bed. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think there was any doubt about that.  This whole process is happening because Texas is coming into the SEC with all of the momentum - and aggy is going to try to do everything in there power to stop it.  The worst thing that could happen, in their minds, is to lose that game in Kyle Field next year.

The problems with that team aren't going to go away overnight.  I don't care what size war chest they have.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Oh I am sure they will be shouting that from the rooftops on every media platform in the country while half the roster heads for the exits. It's like the lady at the bar who has been divorced 6 times bragging about how good she is in bed. 

can you tell me more about this lady?

• Haha 9

14 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I mean, didn't everyone obviously draw this conclusion the second they announced they were using athletic department money to pay his contract? That's happening so the boosters have powder to spend, becuase they're all furious. They're not taking away the booster money to fund a buyout. Of course they're going to spend to get talent and get shit right.

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

So they will bring in portal mercenaries to take the spots of their HS mercenaries? That will build culture. 

I mean, it doesn't have to be mututally exclusive. Xavier Worthy is a mercenary, but also a hard working kid and a great teammate who loves being in Austin. I doubt a majority of players are like him, however, but you get my point. 

• Hook 'Em 8

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If she's been married six times, she probably is great in bed, but terrible when not in bed. 

Undefeated and whatnot. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, NoName said:

people think he's a good coach

...because he has shown he's a good coach.

Nah, people think he's a good coach because 1) He's a nice guy 2) He's a good ole Texas boy and 3) He's a former Texas HS coach. I'm not saying Traylor is a terrible coach but there's a clear bias with him on Texas boards. 

HIs resume doesn't come close to the love he gets from certain posters. His resume is closer to Charlie Fucking Strong than it is Tom Herman. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1