hey, no big deal, fbi busts attempt to kidnap michigan gov and overthrow the government

hayden_horn

On 10/13/2020 at 6:38 PM, Baboontyme said:

Hmm, I skimmed and I don't care to get into a CR shitfit, but here's generally how things have shaken out since March. 

Whitmer (Big Gretch) has erred heavily on the side of caution. The legislature is controlled by the opposite party and all along they have been wanting to err heavily on the side of, shall we say, Florida. Early on it was pretty fine, but she kept extending emergency orders, keeping certain businesses closed. What upset a lot of the, err, Florida, crowd - was that she didn't give any justification. No numbers, no metrics, just this is closed. People were angry because it was Spring and they didn't have shit to do and wanted to plant their gardens but because of her emergency orders, the big box stores couldn't sell stuff like seeds, only essentials. (this has pretty much become a meme here - I need muh seeds!) This led to the protests at the Capitol. Since then, as more came to light and people by and large eventually grew to understand and respect the science and the norms, things began to open up, but with heavier restrictions than, say....Florida (gyms at 25% capacity, masks required, etc). She has taken the brunt of the beating from the hillbilly types because she is a strong woman who really gave no fucks about appeasing the bitching and moaning, she just stuck to her guns.

Most recently the State supreme court ruled that the 1945 statute that she was issuing the emergency orders under, was unconstitutional without the approval of the legislature. Tough position for her to be in when the legislature wants people to "burn your mask".  But checks and balances. 

I don't live in the boonies, but there are vast areas of boonies in MI. Even in the Detroit burbs where I live I see the occasional pick up truck spray painted with "Impeach Gretch", etc. Just another unfortunate shit show in the hyper polarized world we live in. We need to figure out how to tone the polarization down. 

We had the same but Lowes and Home Depot were deemed essential because construction and home repair are pretty essential.   As seeds go, there's mail.  And if not, there's last year's seeds.  And if not, there's travel to a nearby state--we all do it during COVID because we're restless.  There's options and I don't believe this was about her being overly cautious.  Why were hardware stores considered non-essential?  Guess grocery stores would be the only things that could open under that scenario.  

9 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

DOTARD would be screaming for the removal of any Democrat that did the same.  Their whole party would be up in arms.  The party of hypocrites.

It would never come off of Fox News or right wing radio.  It would be their topic of discussion pretty much 24/7.  But as it is, nary a peep.

I like Biden putting this on blast.  Win or lose, let’s quit pussyfooting around Trump’s embrasure of and empowering the worst of us.  Hold up the mirror, force America to look, and make us answer the question with this election:  Is this really who you want to be?

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-slams-trump-for-response-to-attempted-kidnapping-michigan-governor-2020-10

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Friday slammed President Donald Trump for his response to the foiled kidnapping attempt of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, saying it's "stunning" he didn't condemn the people behind it. 

"We have no need for armed militias roaming America's streets, and we should have no tolerance for extremist white supremacist groups menacing our community," Biden said, speaking at a campaign rally in Michigan. "These guys are hatching violent, deranged schemes like the one against Gov. Whitmer."

"That was a planned act of terrorism, a plot," Biden said. "To kidnap an American leader is the sort of behavior you might expect from ISIS and should shock the conscience of every American, to see that sort of twisted thinking take root here in America."

Biden went on to condemn Trump for his response, accusing him of stoking tensions and division in the country.

"But all President Trump does is fan the flames of hatred and division in this country," he said. Biden then referenced a moment during the first presidential debate when Trump told the Proud Boys to "stand back and stand by," words that were perceived by the hate group as a call to action.  

"What the hell's the matter with this guy?" Biden said. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-slams-trump-for-response-to-attempted-kidnapping-michigan-governor-2020-10

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2

Can you put something on “Blast” and call “another lid” before noon simultaneously?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/joe-biden-goes-into-hiding-amid-the-posts-hunter-biden-expose/

It would never come off of Fox News or right wing radio.  It would be their topic of discussion pretty much 24/7.  But as it is, nary a peep.

Not a peep? Like. NONE? Like NOT ONE mention of Portland and Seattle burning during a 4 day zoom call that once was the DNC’s nominating convention? Bold statement. That’s really some next level “not a peep” -ing .

Really not mentioning it at all?

Like Twitter locking the New York Post’s verified and sourced (not “anonymous” sources coveted at the Times that are permitted all tailwind possible from “Jack” and Mark and Sundar). Sourced reporting of evidence of graft accepted from Iraq, Ukraine, Jamaica, mayor of Moscow’s wife and (what we all already knew but someone finally said the quiet part out loud) the nuclear powered enemy of the United States - China - by one of the two candidates for President and Chuck Todd has no awareness of any such story.

Hugo here devoted a large fraction of minutes awake during life to a thousand page treatise, convincing himself that a phone call to the President of Ukraine was from our President was an impeachable offense and we don’t get a peep outta any of these journalists when this goes down l.

You mean THAT kind of “not a peep?”

Clinton pulled this off, coming within a cunts hair of being perp walked only because Ken Starr is a decent human being.

This cat in the oval and his pal Barr ....not so much.

Love how “business insider” has become the arbiter of truth. Immediately

The panic is real
  • Fuck You 11

3 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Can you put something on “Blast” and call “another lid” before noon simultaneously?

https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/joe-biden-goes-into-hiding-amid-the-posts-hunter-biden-expose/

Not a peep? Like. NONE? Like NOT ONE mention of Portland and Seattle burning during a 4 day zoom call that once was the DNC’s nominating convention? Bold statement. That’s really some next level “not a peep” -ing .

Really not mentioning it at all?

Like Twitter locking the New York Post’s verified and sourced (not “anonymous” sources coveted at the Times that are permitted all tailwind possible from “Jack” and Mark and Sundar). Sourced reporting of evidence of graft accepted from Iraq, Ukraine, Jamaica, mayor of Moscow’s wife and (what we all already knew but someone finally said the quiet part out loud) the nuclear powered enemy of the United States - China - by one of the two candidates for President and Chuck Todd has no awareness of any such story.

Hugo here devoted a large fraction of minutes awake during life to a thousand page treatise, convincing himself that a phone call to the President of Ukraine was from our President was an impeachable offense and we don’t get a peep outta any of these journalists when this goes down l.

You mean THAT kind of “not a peep?”

Clinton pulled this off, coming within a cunts hair of being perp walked only because Ken Starr is a decent human being.

This cat in the oval and his pal Barr ....not so much.

Love how “business insider” has become the arbiter of truth. Immediately

The panic is real

chappelle show lol GIF

You never fail to keep us entertained.

• Hook 'Em 5

Yer Goddamn right I did. It’s shit like that that elected Trump the first time and will rush him back in from “way back” this time.

Y’all we’re the astonished aggrieved 4 years ago, flummoxed at the direction of the Supreme Court and General Election of Chief Executive - that the unenlightened nation insists upon these being the exact inverse proposition from your vision. Never quite understanding that Trump doesn’t exist despite your best efforts. He is exactly what he is and where is BECAUSE of your best efforts .

(I see our resident victim class demographics all still represented here, replete with feign outage at something or someone completely benign and God Fearing like Ken Starr ....auto-raged at because he’s a Christian and had the temerity to follow the law and do his job—

by the same crew who no have zero problem with with BLM, Chinese Communist Party, nor actual domestic terrorists. )

Y’all keep “taking each other seriously” and remember that YOU and your endless race-baiting and division did this. And now it’s violent. Of course it’s violent. Portland and Seattle and Minneapolis stand in perfect relief your “vision” allowed its natural end.

*hint. You’re doing it again.

• Fuck You 16

2 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

Yer Goddamn right I did. It’s shit like that that elected Trump the first time and will rush him back in from “way back” this time.

Y’all we’re the astonished aggrieved 4 years ago, flummoxed at the direction of the Supreme Court and General Election of Chief Executive - that the unenlightened nation insists upon these being the exact inverse proposition from your vision. Never quite understanding that Trump doesn’t exist despite your best efforts. He is exactly what he is and where is BECAUSE of your best efforts .

(I see our resident victim class demographics all still represented here, replete with feign outage at something or someone completely benign and God Fearing like Ken Starr ....auto-raged at because he’s a Christian and had the temerity to follow the law and do his job—

by the same crew who no have zero problem with with BLM, Chinese Communist Party, nor actual domestic terrorists. )

Y’all keep “taking each other seriously” and remember that YOU and your endless race-baiting and division did this. And now it’s violent. Of course it’s violent. Portland and Seattle and Minneapolis stand in perfect relief your “vision” allowed its natural end.

tenor.gif

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Huh.  I had no idea that the job description of University Presidents included being rape apologists.  Keep fucking that chicken TTom.

Being a rape apologist is what apparently  makes him a good Christian.  Thou shalt always prey upon the weak and then lie about it later.   

• Hook 'Em 1

gosh guys it's just locker room talk!

“He wasn’t doing anything, I don’t think, to provoke people to threaten this woman at all. He was having fun at a Trump rally, and, quite frankly, there are bigger issues than this right now for everyday Americans,” Lara Trump responded,

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/521585-lara-trump-defends-presidents-rhetoric-at-rally-after-lock-her-up

12 men plot to arrest kidnap Michigan governor and charge her with crimes against the state kill her. President subsequently tells people to lock her up. 

Yep, not provoking anyone there.

If I was the interviewer, I would ask if all Trumps relatives work for him or just the stupid ones?

Conspiracy theories and drinks don't mix too well, 

Surly CR has gotten too left wing for me. 

Looking at the world from the bottom of a glass and all I see is a man who is fading fast.

But here I am again mixing misery and gin, posting with all my friends and talking to myself. Might look like I'm having a good time but any fool can tell that Surly CR really makes me feel like hell. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Big Gretch "shut down" some things with the spread getting exponentially worse here. In early September we were seeing around 700-800 cases per day. It's now ~ 8k. She is using a public health code and not the Executive Orders that the R led legistlation took away from her. The restrictions are not even severe - 21 day shut down of in person dining and bars, shut down of non pro/college organized sports, return to virtual for HS and college, etc. 

Pubs in the legislature - this is too much! Time to impeach! https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/michigan/michigan-gop-state-rep-calls-for-governor-whitmers-impeachment-following-new-covid-restrictions

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Big Gretch "shut down" some things with the spread getting exponentially worse here. In early September we were seeing around 700-800 cases per day. It's now ~ 8k. She is using a public health code and not the Executive Orders that the R led legistlation took away from her. The restrictions are not even severe - 21 day shut down of in person dining and bars, shut down of non pro/college organized sports, return to virtual for HS and college, etc. 

Pubs in the legislature - this is too much! Time to impeach! https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/michigan/michigan-gop-state-rep-calls-for-governor-whitmers-impeachment-following-new-covid-restrictions

Uh Scott Atlas def tried to incite some sort of "response" about this. 

On 10/18/2020 at 6:49 PM, DigDug said:

Being a rape apologist is what apparently  makes him a good Christian.  Thou shalt always prey upon the weak and then lie about it later.   

It aligns with the Trump brand--"grab'em by the pussy" and then deny rape charges.  Why wouldn't Ken Starr be a good fit? 

47 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Uh Scott Atlas def tried to incite some sort of "response" about this. 

How Stanford University hasn't shitcanned him by now is beyond me. Also, he deserves to have his medical license revoked. A neuroradiologist should not be weighing in on matters of an infectious disease pandemic (unless of course they happened to be trained in infectious disease and/or preventive medicine).

On 10/18/2020 at 5:41 PM, TtomTerrific said:

Ken Starr really needs to go fuck himself.

• Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Inconvenience is not oppression

Pussy ass motherfuckers do not know/cannot comprehend the difference.  It's TGIMTWTFridays for these fucking chuds.  Just try and stand between them and their Quesadilla Burger Explosion Surprise.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Ken Starr really needs to go fuck himself.

I know some former Briles players who could fuck Ken Starr if he’s not up to doing it himself. 

22 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

How Stanford University hasn't shitcanned him by now is beyond me. Also, he deserves to have his medical license revoked. A neuroradiologist should not be weighing in on matters of an infectious disease pandemic (unless of course they happened to be trained in infectious disease and/or preventive medicine).

Yeah I can’t figure this shit out.  I wanna punch him in the mouth every time I hear him.  Just KO him clean.  POS

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Followed by a lame "clarification" 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/scott-atlas-twitter-covid/

Commit act of stochastic terrorism.  Once the act has been completed, and the nutbars have accepted your suggestions, you issue a meaningless retraction...meaning you were and remain a stochastic terrorist.

• Hook 'Em 1