hey, no big deal, fbi busts attempt to kidnap michigan gov and overthrow the government

hayden_horn

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you know,i don't think i ever noticed that after the terrorist fist jab he gives her a pat on the rump, which i'm somewhat surprised isn't what they latched onto there as far as inappropriate.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Wow, who would have ever thought the guy who wants to kidnap the governor and overthrow the government might be an anarchist?   I mean, do we really have to label someone just because they happen to instigate a little anarchy now and then? 

I was impressed with the rapidity of the talking point coalesce. It's both sad and amazing what we will do to protect our psyche.

58 minutes ago, Captainant said:

[NO POLITICS!!!ONE!!!ELEVENTY!!!!]

not like a key motivation for these terrorists was politics or anything

We get it. Terrorism is a partisan issue for you. I'm sure you look into ISIS's political motivations before condemning them when they blow up a school in Afghanistan. 

Thank God the FBI doesn't see it as a political issue like you do.

I wonder if you're even able to respond to this without getting overly political or if that would just blow your mind to comprehend.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We get it. Terrorism is a partisan issue for you. I'm sure you look into ISIS's political motivations before condemning them when they blow up a school in Afghanistan. 

Thank God the FBI doesn't see it as a political issue like you do.

I wonder if you're even able to respond to this without getting overly political or if that would just blow your mind to comprehend.

The terrorists were looking to kidnap and kill a politician because her political decisions upset them. 

That's not speculation. That's what they said.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Just now, Foosters said:

The terrorists were looking to kidnap and kill a politician because her political decisions upset them. 

While true, the substance of their political views and a discussion of them isn't really appropriate in this thread.  That they had those views certainly is, as it helps us understand their motivation.

Just like the whole "religion of peace" bs is likewise not appropriate in this forum. 

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Yeah....I mean....condemnation of islamofascist terrorists is not limited to their tactics of car bombs and whatnot.  Their motivation - a twisted take on a religion, and what they think it compels them to do - is essential to addressing and understanding the acts of terrorism.

These aren't people who just like assassination as a general hobby.  Their motivation for doing so was 100% political.  So, it's like, the essence of germane.

And, yeah, yeah....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNhjUhoowpikwDkuSPBsK

EDIT -- DDD.....I just don't see how you discuss this topic, and just leave the huge section on "why they did it" blank.  It's the heart of the event/story.

Edited by Brisketexan

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 12.31.10 PM.png

This would probably be a good opportunity to point out the common law legal definition of a "conspiracy."  Most states' criminal laws have something similar that is statutory.

A conspiracy is:

• an agreement among co-conspirators to commit a criminal offense; and
  • an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy

The conspiracy does not have to succeed, but when the above two are proven, generally all of the co-conspirators are liable for the offense, somewhat like an "attempted _____________."  Some states have a conspiracy statute that makes a failed conspiracy subject to a lesser penalty than one that accomplishes the offense.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

This would probably be a good opportunity to point out the common law legal definition of a "conspiracy."  Most states' criminal laws have something similar that is statutory.

A conspiracy is:

The conspiracy does not have to succeed, but when the above two are proven, generally all of the co-conspirators are liable for the offense, somewhat like an "attempted _____________."  Some states have a conspiracy statute that makes a failed conspiracy subject to a lesser penalty than one that accomplishes the offense.

Man, I read that initial post by "policywonk" and my jaw hit the desk.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Charlie Kirk with one of the Michigan terrorists.

Doing some further reading, I don't this guy is supposedly is involved with the Michigan shitshow, but may be this guy who was involved in the Portland shitshow

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-kuzmenko-59b01335/

https://www.bendbulletin.com/localstate/how-an-unknown-idaho-family-organized-the-portland-rally-that-turned-deadly/article_5f437c38-006b-11eb-a2d4-137140ee23b9.html

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

NPR just said it was several different groups, including white supremacists. 

I’m sure it’s just a pure coincidence that this act of sedition was committed by “groups” and Antifa, BLM, the ACLU, immigrant caravans, the DNC, the Squad, liberal elites, and the mainstream media all just happen to be groups. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A conspiracy is:

TwiceHorn droppin' law like Galileo dropped the orange.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I was impressed with the rapidity of the talking point coalesce. It's both sad and amazing what we will do to protect our psyche.

Guys like GRUHorn aren’t here by accident. Their bullshit is all by design. 

I guess someone thinks it works. GRUHorn just cashes his $32 a week check and downs some more cheap ass vodka. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I mean....condemnation of islamofascist terrorists is not limited to their tactics of car bombs and whatnot.  Their motivation - a twisted take on a religion, and what they think it compels them to do - is essential to addressing and understanding the acts of terrorism.

These aren't people who just like assassination as a general hobby.  Their motivation for doing so was 100% political.  So, it's like, the essence of germane.

And, yeah, yeah....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNhjUhoowpikwDkuSPBsK

EDIT -- DDD.....I just don't see how you discuss this topic, and just leave the huge section on "why they did it" blank.  It's the heart of the event/story.

I'm not saying you leave "why they did it" blank.  it's the substantive discussion of the "why" (discussing pros and cons of that particular perspective) that isn't necessary.

9 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Guys like GRUHorn aren’t here by accident. Their bullshit is all by design. 

I guess someone thinks it works. GRUHorn just cashes his $32 a week check and downs some more cheap ass vodka. 

32 will buy you a handle of Dripping Springs with enough left over for a nice Jersey Mike’s sub, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This guy doesn't do irony apparently:

Former U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Howell, said he was hoping Whitmer wouldn’t tie the events to Trump because it’s not about him but people with extremist ideology taking advantage of unrest in the country.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So I'm guessing these guys were preppers, because preppers seemed woefully unprepared and ill-equipped to handle going for months without visiting SuperCuts or Chili's or Applebees.

It's actually pretty sad.  Preppers in Armybrat's youth were ready to take to the saddle and alert the surrounding communities that the British were coming.  Preppers in the 1980s were ready to repel a Russian invasion.  Preppers in 2020 can't cut their own fucking hair or cook for themselves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

coconutED said:
Huh...

FBI thwarts militia plot to kidnap, assassinate Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer
Quote:
The investigation was sparked by social media posts bragging of plans to violently overthrow several state governments as well as law enforcement
She probably orchestrated it herself to try to gain sympathy.

CrottyKid

AG

How long until Qanon is blamed?

Jbob04

AG

It's almost like citizens of a free country have reached a breaking point with these liberal dictators.

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Like yahooing some beer from the local convenience store?  Is there a statute of limitations?

We did that to a little Korean store near ft Hood when I was 16. While we were running we heard a “ping” and my buddy said, “oh shit! They’re shooting! Go go go!” 

Edited by Doc Reeves