IDEA: Surly Election Night Livestream/Podcast

immamac

Do we do this or not?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do an election night podcast/stream

Would there be any interest in me streaming to youtube/twitch/whatever election night coverage where we have "call ins" from surly posters? I'd love to do a bunch of different segments as results roll in. 

Intro
Early Voting in review, possibly featuring @Huckleberry?
The Dangers of a Trump win, possibly featuring @Brisketexan?
The Dangers of a Biden win, possibly featuring @GRHorn?
EST RESULTS
First Time voters, featuring open call ins
Why there should be something else for us, possibly featuring @Wulaw Horn?
Why Covid isn't going anywhere regardless of who wins, possibly featuring @ChiTownDoc?
CST RESULTS
???
???
???
MST RESULTS
???
???
???
PST RESULTS

there should be ~1 hour between "results" segments starting with the EST and ending with the PST or when the election is called

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Would there be any interest in me streaming to youtube/twitch/whatever election night coverage where we have "call ins" from surly posters? I'd love to do a bunch of different segments as results roll in. 

Intro
Early Voting in review, possibly featuring @Huckleberry?
The Dangers of a Trump win, possibly featuring @Brisketexan?
The Dangers of a Biden win, possibly featuring @GRHorn?
EST RESULTS
First Time voters, featuring open call ins
Why there should be something else for us, possibly featuring @Wulaw Horn?
Why Covid isn't going anywhere regardless of who wins, possibly featuring @ChiTownDoc?
CST RESULTS
???
???
???
MST RESULTS
???
???
???
PST RESULTS

there should be ~1 hour between "results" segments starting with the EST and ending with the PST or when the election is called

I don’t get what I’m supposed to be talking about. 
also- the correct response is always to involve Derka somehow. 

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t get what I’m supposed to be talking about. 
also- the correct response is always to involve Derka somehow. 

you can talk about whatever the fuck you want, but it does seem like your "I don't have anyone to vote for" thing has stuck to you

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

you can talk about whatever the fuck you want, but it does seem like your "I don't have anyone to vote for" thing has stuck to you

Roger that. What happens to the anti Trump conservative who isn’t interested in becoming a democrat?  I think there are at least 14 of us in this country. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Roger that. What happens to the anti Trump conservative who isn’t interested in becoming a democrat?  I think there are at least 14 of us in this country. 

More than that - I wasn't saying it as a troll I think you have been the voice of that fairly consistently on the board.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It might be better if you sat down before I break this news to you.

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

other ideas:
Why the Intelligence Community is fucked, featuring @Anastasis
How my wife's tits are awesome, featuring @Elvis
Do yard signs matter, featuring @Pancho and @Hank Kingsley

I'd suggest replacing my spot with a break from the politics.  Maybe @jimmyjazz gives us an hour on Texas Red and the joys of reconstituting dried chilis?

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I am but a mere amateur on that thread.  Get Snow Dog.

Yeah you don't even salt your chili properly.

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m sitting. 

Some of us voted for Sleepy Joe and the Kamala Kid.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah you don't even salt your chili properly.

Some of us voted for Sleepy Joe and the Kamala Kid.

Sure. That ignores the “isn’t interested in becoming a democrat part of the sentence”. I’m well aware that never Trumpers are voting Biden left and right.  
maybe I should change that to “isn’t interested in voting for a democrat”. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Sure. That ignores the “isn’t interested in becoming a democrat part of the sentence”. I’m well aware that never Trumpers are voting Biden left and right.  
maybe I should change that to “isn’t interested in voting for a democrat”. 

Just saying neither are that true for me and I still did. 

Although I voted for a lot of dems on my ballot - but mostly at the state and local level

I'd prefer a text stream/chryron so I can still hear the regular news coverage.  But then I remembered how half-in-the-bag most surly posters are gonna be (all due respect to our sober members), and thought it would be funny to hear their drunken rants.  Maybe start with text/chryon and switch to audio later in the night?  

Just now, Lobo said:

I'd prefer a text stream/chryron so I can still hear the regular news coverage.  But then I remembered how half-in-the-bag most surly posters are gonna be (all due respect to our sober members), and thought it would be funny to hear their drunken rants.  Maybe start with text/chryon and switch to audio later in the night?  

I think a text-only chat is the best. Otherwise you need someone that is prepared (& entertaining) enough to carry a multi-hour broadcast. And if they're providing play by play, they don't have any time to watch the results or listen to the expert analysis. 

This is why you don't see John King on CNN for 10 straight hours on election night. Even he and his team need a break to build the analysis and narrative.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Just workshopping your session title here, “Goods, Not Hoods: Ideological Purity in a Party of Racial Purity.”

47 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Happy to participate.  I’ll be at a Trump party with a bald eagle talking tons of shit to his supporters (all good natured) - so as long as nobody takes this too seriously it sounds great.  

I’d listen in/watch just for the eagle. 

Is Thujone still in the art game? Can he whip up live illustrations? I’m not sure how quickly the muse of his genius takes to hit.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think a text-only chat is the best. Otherwise you need someone that is prepared (& entertaining) enough to carry a multi-hour broadcast. And if they're providing play by play, they don't have any time to watch the results or listen to the expert analysis. 

This is why you don't see John King on CNN for 10 straight hours on election night. Even he and his team need a break to build the analysis and narrative.

I'm happy to kill an hour talking about deep-state conspiracies and the implications and veiled realities of UFO sightings and post-atomic-age contact with extraterrestrials. 

Talking points could include "Would Trump or Biden better broker an intergalactic peace treaty?" and "who is the most likely WH staff member to secretly be a lizard person?"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Happy to participate.  I’ll be at a Trump party with a bald eagle talking tons of shit to his supporters (all good natured) - so as long as nobody takes this too seriously it sounds great.  

If  we can get a "ChiTown Talks Shit to Trumpkins and Their Bald Eagle" live stream channel I will sponsor it

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Mole said:

Just workshopping your session title here, “Goods, Not Hoods: Ideological Purity in a Party of Racial Purity.”

"Post-Trump Conservatism: Beating Bullhorns into Dog Whistles"
or
"Post-Trump Conservatism: Make the Quiet Part Quiet Again"

--------

I would enjoy a segment on post-voting activism.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

"Post-Trump Conservatism: Beating Bullhorns into Dog Whistles"
or
"Post-Trump Conservatism: Make the Quiet Part Quiet Again"

--------

I would enjoy a segment on post-voting activism.

You should go with:

Post-Trump Conservatism: EVERYONE BUT ME IS A REPUBLICAN

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Livestream? Who's got time for that? I'll be too busy hunkering down in my well fortified compound fighting off the hordes of Antifa/right wing militias.

I’m taking the fight to them.  Wish me luck.  I like our odds.  

• Hook 'Em 1