What are you doing Election Day

Bozo_Casanova

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

image.thumb.png.d1b67e4c2773b4e2c620cfa3bc07f2fa.png

I can do almost all of it at Total Wine. Have a Kilt Lifter or two in the garage fridge to cover AZ and TX is covered obviously. I can't find anything from NC there, though. If I can do it in one trip I might make it happen.

Golden Monkey will get you there.

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I should probably update my previous post to just say "Having a nervous breakdown." I might block off my work calendar for the rest of the day with that message as well. 

I lost my job yesterday. Coupled with the loss of my Mom, Tom Herman continuing to coach at Texas, and this, I'm already there.

But at least I can have some fun on the way down.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

image.thumb.png.d1b67e4c2773b4e2c620cfa3bc07f2fa.png

I can do almost all of it at Total Wine. Have a Kilt Lifter or two in the garage fridge to cover AZ and TX is covered obviously. I can't find anything from NC there, though. If I can do it in one trip I might make it happen.

Can't go wrong with Two Hearted Ale.

I've been to Bell's Brewery twice. They have a concert stage. Once in the 90's I saw an Umphrey's McGee show there. 

I can't drink bourbon like I used to because of UGI stuff.  But was thinking about getting a small bottle of Maker's 46 to commemorate the evening with, considering we're hopefully headed towards a 46th President soon.  then my buddy reminded me...if Trump knows he's truly lost later this year, he'll step down and have Pence pardon him from as much as possible...making Pence the 46th, and Biden the 47th.  

Dammit, this is why we can't have nice things! 

Helping plan my wifes grandfathers funeral RN.

Just successfully lobbied to have Bob Seger's "Like a Rock" played there, it was wifes idea.

Its also my 2nd wedding anniversary today which means I'll be 76 the next time it coincides with election day in 2048.

Wonder what thats gonna be like?

Anyway, all the relatives unanimously insisted wife and I keep our reservation for a swanky gourmet dinner. Filet followed by desert and hopefully a fox news meltdown. I'd really like to see tucker cry like a bitch. Might even get laid.

Oh shit the family just turned on fox news. I don't even care.

• Like 1

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

I assume there won't be official results for weeks while Trump tries to challenge the election in the courts. 

Depends. I mean it takes a long time for all the electors to gather and vote anyway. Everything might be sorted out on schedule. I think it depends on how contentious the dispute is.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Depends. I mean it takes a long time for all the electors to gather and vote anyway. Everything might be sorted out on schedule. I think it depends on how contentious the dispute is.

Trump will try shit we haven't even considered. Bank on it. What would Putin do? That's what Trump will do. 

If Ohio hangs in the balance, don’t their mail in ballots count until Friday, Nov 13?

( as long as postmarked by today.)

Edited by slorch

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

then my buddy reminded me...if Trump knows he's truly lost later this year, he'll step down and have Pence pardon him from as much as possible...making Pence the 46th, and Biden the 47th.  

Silver lining. That would eviscerate what little chance Pence has of ever being elected President.

Working my ass off, got a lot going on this week.  Was in meetings and on calls till a little while ago, all morning.  Getting the rest of it knocked out.

But tonight, going over to @Ghost of LL's, along with @Pescado_Rojo, to watch the carnage and cringe.  I may consume a beverage or two.  My Lyft app is updated.

Yeah, good point.  Another thread for another time.  But we're so busy wondering if DJT runs again in 2024, or if he's under indictment, or dead.  Or all three, the "Florida Trifecta"  

And then it moves to will Ivanka or Don, Jr. run for something down the road.  What happens to the high profile stooges like Miller, Barr, Pompeo, et. al.

But honestly---you don't hear any pontification about what Pence would do after this.  He's a young and healthy 61.  He's clearly fucking insane, but the GOP still likes him.  He was a Reagan Democrat earlier in life.  One of his former Chiefs of Staff/Senior Policy Advisers who was a UT professor here in Austin for a few years ago, we'll call him R.S.  Said of Pence "He is going to D.C. with Trump for the very simple reason, he feels this is his calling to eventually serve the nation and God as President."  

Again, I'll save it for another thread...but watching one of my old parties sort out all these personalities is like figuring out the celiac menu at an all-the-gluten-you-can eat fuck buffet. 

picked up Thundercloud and had a picnic in the neighborhood park for lunch. just finished a 2 mile walk.

about to make homemade chocolate and peanut butter chip cookies. 

have a couple of giant T-bones thawed and ready.

will fire up the grill around 5:30 and start with some Macallan 12-year.

may end in tears and gnashing of teeth. you know, like a typical fall Saturday 😄🤘

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

I lost my job yesterday. Coupled with the loss of my Mom, Tom Herman continuing to coach at Texas, and this, I'm already there.

spacer.png

What is that, a picture for ants?

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your job and your mom, man. And Tom Herman, but we all know that shared pain.

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What is that, a picture for ants?

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your job and your mom, man. And Tom Herman, but we all know that shared pain.

Sorry. Here, I'll zoom in for you.

spacer.png

Edited by Rimbo

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

spacer.png

But, I mean.....other than that, things are looking up, right?

Shit, man.  Sorry to hear it.

• Haha 1

So sorry to hear about your mom Rimbo.  Some formerly dormant synapse erased by too many hours on Surly is going to fire tonight as you fall asleep and you're going to cry and laugh at the same time as you recall a long-forgotten memory of your mom from your childhood.  You're gonna hiccup at the same too just for comedic relief.  Hold that memory as long as you can, make 100 more like it, and share them with anyone who'll listen. 

My memories of my parents used to remind me of road signs to help me on my way.  Then I get older, lost my dad, and try to connect more with my mom.  And I realize our parents aren't the road signs with advice and warnings;  They are the road itself.  I still wish that road would show us where the fuck we're supposed to be headed. 

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

My day is a work in progress.  

So far, woke up at 5:30.  

Went to vote at 5:45

Stood in line 5:55-6:50

Voted 6:50-6:55

Work - 7 to whenever

Workout - I have a rower at home, so I am going to intersperse my day with some workouts

Dinner - Eh, might go to the French bistro across the street for a bottle of wine and some good food before polls start closing

Tonight - staying at home to avoid craziness

Worked 7 to 2 then took a break.  Hungry and have more work, so ordered Chinese.  After I eat, will get back to it. Plan to crack something open around 8 ET.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Working my ass off, got a lot going on this week.  Was in meetings and on calls till a little while ago, all morning.  Getting the rest of it knocked out.

But tonight, going over to @Ghost of LL's, along with @Pescado_Rojo, to watch the carnage and cringe.  I may consume a beverage or two.  My Lyft app is updated.

I'm hoping that @Bozo_Casanova will put in an appearance.

If you silly birds wanna stop by Sway or Salt Trader's or somewhere on BCR for a pop before we all settle in for the evening, I'm meeting my lawyer over there shortly.  I need to know what my liability is if I accidentally threaten some of Trump's Electoral Voters from Texas, so he's advising me.  But we're hoisting a few nearby.  

Fucker just sent me a link to a national story that says "Trump doesn't have an acceptance or concession speech."  I laughed and replied, "He hasn't had a Covid-19 speech for 10 months, why would we expect him to have one for this?"  I think the whole text exchange cost me 15mts of billables.  Fuck it, cocktail time in 45 minutes. 

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

damn ya'll homies be good. Hope pescado is frying up various parts of the animal kingdom for make betterment of situation?

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you silly birds wanna stop by Sway or Salt Trader's or somewhere on BCR for a pop before we all settle in for the evening, I'm meeting my lawyer over there shortly.  I need to know what my liability is if I accidentally threaten some of Trump's Electoral Voters from Texas, so he's advising me.  But we're hoisting a few nearby.  

Fucker just sent me a link to a national story that says "Trump doesn't have an acceptance or concession speech."  I laughed and replied, "He hasn't had a Covid-19 speech for 10 months, why would we expect him to have one for this?"  I think the whole text exchange cost me 15mts of billables.  Fuck it, cocktail time in 45 minutes. 

I'm sure that GOLL has an open invitation for anyone on Surly to join him on the back patio to watch the carnage.

PARTY AT THE MOONTOWER.

Well listen, you outta ditch the two geeks you're in the car with right now and jump in with us.  But that's cool, we'll worry about that after he's voted out.  

I think it’s about time to head up the street and have some fun. I decided to stay at a hotel right by Lafayette Square Park so I wouldn’t have to go far at the end of the night. Not expecting to see many Trumpkins here, but I am sure there will be some. I have seen plenty of folks so far that I can tell spent the summer protesting judging by what they were wearing when I was out earlier.

Edited by UpperWestside