What are you doing Election Day

Bozo_Casanova

6am: working out

7:30: breakfast 

8am-2pm: meetings, emails, etc

2-3pm: Cleaning guns, loading magazines and moon clips. 

3-4pm: H-E-B (also Twin)

4:15-6pm: preparing mise en place for dinner. Stretching this out as much as possible. 

6-7:15: Cooking

7:15- dinner, then TBD

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Get up
Get smoker lit
Take kid to day care
Come back and get smoker to temp, pork butt on

Work til 5ish

Workout (Legs day.. never skip legs day)
Feed and bathe kid, put him to bed.

Eat bbq, start drinking, watch election on the patio with the wife until about 9pm when she goes to sleep. Then I'll be posting hot takes on Surly and on various text  message group threads until I'm either asleep or comatose.

• Hook 'Em 3

Work trip.  Will catch a few glimpses of the news through the evening.  Land at 9:30pm, in a hotel room at 10.  Maybe finally catching up on news at that point or maybe going down to the hotel bar.  Kind of depends on how it's playing out.  

I work for a company HQ'd outside of the US and all US employees were given the day off to vote. Out of 4500 employees, I think ~60%+ are US based, but I was surprised they are basically shutting down US operations for the day. I'll probably still end up working most of the day as I'm buried and gotta get this shit done regardless, and the alternative is dwelling on the shitshow that is the election. Try to go for a bike ride mid-day for a break. Honestly, the closer we get to the election, the more I dread it. If I flip on the TV tomorrow night and Trump looks like he's pulling it off again, I'll be shopping for a new TV on wednesday. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Working. I’ve been fucking around too much on surly lately and my girlfriend will actually be out of the house all day for once so I intend to lock in and catch up. Maybe a run around lunchtime.

Substance abuse in the evening like everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

6am: working out

7:30: breakfast 

8am-3pm: Trying to get caught up on work

3-5pm: take the kids to relieve wife

5-7:45pm: class

7:45pm - TBD: a bottle of Angel's Envy, election coverage on TV, whatever shenanigans arises after

FIFM

Edited by Eastwood
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ll work from 730a to 5p. I’ll head home, hang out with my kids, and cook some steaks while my wife takes care of the sides. I’ll wash it down with a scotch or four and watch a rerun of Sunday at the 2019 Masters as a nightcap. 

I’ll check to see what happened with the election Wednesday morning.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Get up
Get smoker lit
Take kid to day care
Come back and get smoker to temp, pork butt on

Work til 5ish

Workout (Legs day.. never skip legs day)
Feed and bathe kid, put him to bed.

Eat bbq, start drinking, watch election on the patio with the wife until about 9pm when she goes to sleep. Then I'll be posting hot takes on Surly and on various text  message group threads until I'm either asleep or comatose.

I haven't had any alcohol for almost three weeks for some reason (really don't know why, but my sleep has been a lot better).  Tomorrow night there's a chance I'll get hammered.

• Hook 'Em 1

Workout from 4:30-7:30am (back, traps, and triceps)

Check email from 7:45 to 7:50am

Grade a few assignments from 8:00-11:00am

Nap

Pre-drinks start at 3:00pm when I start flipping between CNN, MSNBC, and Fox.

Friend arrives around 4pm because we are both paranoid and we will drink and talk shit until the first returns come back.

Will I make my 4:30am Wednesday workout?  Who knows.

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Up early, get on the Peloton, probably do a Cody or Emma ride, shower, get in the car to knock doors in PA till early afternoon.  Get home, shower, make queso, get toes down drunk. 

I like Emma but do a Kendall metal ride instead to get your game face on.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

If I wasn’t door knocking tomorrow, I’d 100% be in for a 45 min ride.  But I’m going to lay some mileage down in Lancaster, PA, so it’s an in and out in the AM. 

Good luck. We are counting on you in PA.

and the Kendall mentioned above. TTIWWP

image.png

Edited by washparkhorn

Sweet humblebrags by most of you.  "ah nothing really crazy bro, just another Tuesday of crushing it in 2020, you know?"

As for me and mine:  

8-10am fishing with oldest daughter 

10-4pm work

4-6pm family time/dinner 

6-12am watching election results with copious amounts of alcohol and cigars

I’ve got a 6:00 AM call with my EMEA team, then back 2 back zoom calls until 3:30. Going to pick the kids up from school, then do takeout from a local burger joint that’s hosting a spirit night for our middle school. Then heading to a friend’s house to nervously drink and watch returns. I think I can get in a 45 minute workout sometime between zoom calls