2020: Garrett Gilbert May Start for Cowboys

Kyle

No judgment ... just more insanity brought to us by the year 2020.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/11/04/cowboys-will-start-cooper-rush-or-garrett-gilbert-at-qb-vs-steelers-mike-mccarthy-says/

Rookie quarterback Ben DiNucci will not make his second career start Sunday.

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy told reporters Wednesday that Cooper Rush or Garrett Gilbert will get the nod against the Steelers, citing a need for more game experience at the position. McCarthy wants to reach a decision by Saturday.

Rush or Gilbert will give the Cowboys their fourth different starting quarterback in five weeks.

So I hope he starts and wins big time.  It will be an excellent reference for Sam to the NFL.  Here you have a QB who failed at Texas, and look at how good he is.  And yeah Squints is going to be a good NFL journey man QB.

but look at Sam a QB who has survived the furnace that QB at Ut is.  Burnt Orange heat is hot!🤘

18 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

So I hope he starts and wins big time.  It will be an excellent reference for Sam to the NFL.  Here you have a QB who failed at Texas, and look at how good he is.  And yeah Squints is going to be a good NFL journey man QB.

but look at Sam a QB who has survived the furnace that QB at Ut is.  Burnt Orange heat is hot!🤘

Yeah best of luck to GG. I, for one, will be pulling for him. Fuck the haterzzz...

5 minutes ago, wd40 said:

so it was all his fault and had nothing to do with FUPM mentally checking out after the bama game?  ok.

Not to mention that Gilbert hardly got a meaningful snap during the season but when Colt got hurt in Bama NC game after only a few plays, it was go play the entire game.  FUPM 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

If Garrett Gilbert starts, that will be 4 QB’s from Lake Travis and Westlake starting this Sunday. Crazy. During the New Orleans/Chicago game, there were 3 Westlake QB’s involved in the game, as one of the Chicago coaches played QB for the Chaps. 

Who are the other two besides Gilbert and Brees?  

36 minutes ago, wd40 said:

so it was all his fault and had nothing to do with FUPM mentally checking out after the bama game?  ok.

it was his fault the year after when he couldnt hit the barn side of a broad.  and going to smu his completion % dropped from 59 to 53. 

11 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

If Garrett Gilbert starts, that will be 4 QB’s from Lake Travis and Westlake starting this Sunday. Crazy. During the New Orleans/Chicago game, there were 3 Westlake QB’s involved in the game, as one of the Chicago coaches played QB for the Chaps

Also, and more impressively, he was my lab partner in chemistry. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Not to mention that Gilbert hardly got a meaningful snap during the season but when Colt got hurt in Bama NC game after only a few plays, it was go play the entire game.  FUPM 

YES!  I was one of the many on hf site who called for GG to get many passing snaps.  All MB had to do was decide, do we go for Heisman for Colt and let him throw the entire game, or do we pull him early to let GG throw so he can be ready for relief or to be ready for the next season.    MB pussed and decided neither.  Gonna have GG hand off the entire time he is on the field.  

Dumbest coaching move ever?  Maybe.  Especially considering we all knew about Colt's injury history.  This was an easy first guess.  No second guessing. 

The most ridiculous part was the schedule was set up for GG to get an entire half of action, playing the Florida directional school in November. GG could have passed 20 times easily in 2nd half of that game.  Think about this:  GG was on target in the Rose Bowl after just a few passes, but the dropped TD that was crucial was a perfect example of a receiver not being used to the ball.  His velocity and spin were different.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

If Garrett Gilbert starts, that will be 4 QB’s from Lake Travis and Westlake starting this Sunday. Crazy. During the New Orleans/Chicago game, there were 3 Westlake QB’s involved in the game, as one of the Chicago coaches played QB for the Chaps. 

Wait...3? Who am I missing besides brees and Foles? Which coach?

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, orangecat92 said:

YES!  I was one of the many on hf site who called for GG to get many passing snaps.  All MB had to do was decide, do we go for Heisman for Colt and let him throw the entire game, or do we pull him early to let GG throw so he can be ready for relief or to be ready for the next season.    MB pussed and decided neither.  Gonna have GG hand off the entire time he is on the field.  

Dumbest coaching move ever?  Maybe.  Especially considering we all knew about Colt's injury history.  This was an easy first guess.  No second guessing. 

The most ridiculous part was the schedule was set up for GG to get an entire half of action, playing the Florida directional school in November. GG could have passed 20 times easily in 2nd half of that game.  Think about this:  GG was on target in the Rose Bowl after just a few passes, but the dropped TD that was crucial was a perfect example of a receiver not being used to the ball.  His velocity and spin were different.  

Thanks for stirring up my PTSD from that game. Ugh.  To me THAT’s when FUPM really put the “FU” in FUPM.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

Yeah FUPM was completely fucking clueless keeping GG on the bench in garbage time. And it probably cost us a NC. Fucking idiot. People were calling for him to play in the 4th quarter all got damn season.

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yeah FUPM was completely fucking clueless keeping GG on the bench in garbage time. And it probably cost us a NC. Fucking idiot. People were calling for him to play in the 4th quarter all got damn season.

I think was due to Mack’s ego of wanting to be in the spot light if Colt won the Heisman led to his stupid decision to not play Gilbert any during the season.  Mack’s demise at Texas was due to his own hubris.

^Nah, for all of the reasons already touched on in previous posts here, GG was not set up for success here. The guy was a 19 year old kid and unrealistically expected to be an instant star in year one of starting. The shit that the guy took from our fanbase and supporters was almost shameful really. I cannot blame him a single bit for still having negative feelings towards UT. I wish the dude nothing but luck.

Edited by D_Goose
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

My boy. His little brother Jonny was supposed to start their junior year over Brees but busted his knee a week before the season. Yes, Brees was not supposed to start at Westlake. 

What year of HS was that for Brees?

38 minutes ago, D_Goose said:

^Nah, for all of the reasons already touched on in previous posts here, GG was not set up for success here. The guy was a 19 year old kid and unrealistically expected to be an instant star in year one of starting. The shit that the guy took from our fanbase and supporters was almost shameful really. I cannot blame him a single bit for still having negative feelings towards UT. I wish the dude nothing but luck.

Absolutely, all of this. I don't blame him one bit.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know a guy whose daughter dated him in high school.  Said he's dumb as a bag of hammers.  He's done well in life with that limitation.
In his defense he's been in the NFL for a while. The daughter he dated, maybe her dad isn't a gm for a nfl franchise. Yea he sacks but a few billionaires thinks he is serviceable .
  • Like 1

GG hates our guts. Not really sure I care for him at all as a former Longhorn player but whatever. Just win baby.

On 11/5/2020 at 12:48 PM, NTVTXN said:

I’m sure it’s been discussed; but what ever happened to him?

Thuj, not Gilbert.

Wrote a book, won some lawsuits, the usual shit for him