the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well it was part of that horrid photoshoot with all the gold furniture and barron riding the wooden horse or whatever.

if you've noticed, there aren't a whole lot of candid photos or videos of trump around, especially with children.  i mean, there are a few, but epstein is also in those.

It’s because everyone he knows has to sign NDAs to be in his presence, and those agreements forbid the release of any photos or videos.

47 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, the photograph is from 2016.  If Donald and Barron were legitimate chess masters, I have a real hard time believing it would have remained a secret for 5 years.  

I'm no master myself, but I'm pretty good.  And I have no fucking idea what is going on with that board.  It's convenient that the photographer happened to show up as the game was "tied", meaning both father and son are brilliant strategists.  I started playing chess with my daughter a year ago when she was 4.  And I've never sat next to her, we always play across from one another.  But then again, I'm not a pedophile.  

It's common for Presidents in the last weeks in office to go legacy shopping.  Usually something in the foreign policy realm.  Trump is trying to retroactively claim he was a good father and a master at chess?  A curious and rather ironic gambit on his part.  

That didn't originate with teh Donald.  Looney Lin apparently taking advantage of Queen's Gambit chess mania.

Attorney L. Lin Wood may believe himself to be a vessel of the second coming, and he’s not referring to another Donald Trump presidential term. That’s what Wood’s former law partners wrote in a legal brief quoting what they describe as recorded conversations proving that the lawyer gunning to overturn the 2020 election has a habit of associating himself with “God Almighty.”

“I might actually be Christ coming back for a second time in the form of an imperfect man, elevating Christ consciousness,” an extraordinary footnote quotes Wood telling his partners. “That cause you to have a little bit of a chill? Who would be more eloquent to say what the will of God is, the belief of God in me.”

Wood is said to have called himself the representative of various Biblical figures.

“I represent Moses,” Wood allegedly declared on tape. “I represent Ananias the believer. I’m like the power of King David. Now look you all, I told you I was going to pray tonight to my God, not to myself, because to me there’s God and there’s me.”

The quotations came to light during contentious litigation between Wood and his former partners Nicole Wade, Jonathan Grunberg, and Taylor Wilson, who broke up from L. Lin Wood, P.C. earlier this year to start their own firm Wade, Grunberg & Wilson, LLC.

When they filed their lawsuit on Aug. 30, this year’s presidential election had still been months away, and Wood was known for representing Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse and QAnon adherent Marjorie Taylor Greene, who was then a congressional candidate. Wood previously had a long history with high-profile clients like the parents of JonBenet Ramsey and Richard Jewell, whose name he cleared in the 1996 Atlanta Olympics bombing.

The former partners claimed that their relationship with Wood spanning roughly half a decade started deteriorating late last year as Wood began to exhibit “erratic, hostile, abusive, and threatening” behavior.

“In the Fall of 2019, defendant Wood also committed assault and battery on Grunberg in an elevator of a hotel during an out of town deposition,” they wrote in their complaint, which also alleges that Wood attacked Wilson. “In both assaults, there was essentially no reason whatsoever for the attack, and defendant Wood later acknowledged and apologized for this violence.”

What’s more, the partners claim, Wood admitted to those assaults on tape.

“The truth is that Wood has admitted to these assaults on multiple recordings,” they wrote in a footnote, describing Wood’s denials as “malicious.”

Their attorney Andrew M. Beal did not respond to requests for comment, seeking further details about the allegations in court records and their contexts. The recordings are undated in court papers, except to say they were disclosed to Wood and his counsel this past March.

The partners want a Georgia judge to enforce the terms of a settlement agreement signed in March 2020, which they claim Wood fraudulently induced them into signing and then refused to pay what he owed.

Clapping back at the lawsuit as a “shakedown effort,” Wood filed counterclaims of defamation and false light invasion of privacy, describing the lawsuit’s lurid details of his exploding at his former partners impertinent and “scandalous.” The complaint quotes him dropping him the F-bomb some 15 times and derisively calling Grunberg a “Chilean Jew.”

“You look in the mirror and you’re gonna see a Chilean Jewish fucking crook,” Wood told Grunberg in a voicemail on Feb. 17, 2020, according to the complaint. “Goodbye, Jonathan… you sorry bastard.”

Denying that they defamed Wood by accusing him of being “mentally unstable,” “delusional,” or having a “God-complex,” the partners claim they are simply quoting his well-documented words. The remarks come from a Dec. 23 filing seeking to punish Wood’s “frivolous” countersuit under Georgia’s anti-SLAPP law.

Short for “strategic lawsuits against public participation,” anti-SLAPP lawsuits are designed to punish those who abuse the court system to stifle speech. The partners argue that Wood countersued to burden them with “undue legal expenses and delay.”

“This is the very conduct targeted by Georgia’s Anti-SLAPP statute,” they argue, seeking the allegations stricken and their legal expenses reimbursed.

Wood, who did not immediately respond to an email requesting comment about what he meant by the remarks attributed to him, has been staring down possible penalties for his post-election antics.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/lin-woods-ex-law-partners-claim-he-was-taped-admitting-to-assaults-asserting-he-may-be-christ-coming-back-for-second-time/

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Someone had mentioned this law firm divorce based on unhinged behavior before and I neglected to ask for a cite.  So thanks for that.

Now we need the story on Powell.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

well it was part of that horrid photoshoot with all the gold furniture and barron riding the wooden horse or whatever.

if you've noticed, there aren't a whole lot of candid photos or videos of trump around, especially with children.  i mean, there are a few, but epstein is also in those.

i think it was actually a plush lion. with a limo play car in front of it. it's a pretty sad pic, to be honest

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ooof, check the quotes from Wood around pp. 33 to end of that lawsuit.  https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/defense-attorney-for-kyle-rittenhouse-sued-for-fraud-and-breach-of-contract-by-former-colleagues/

He's not well.  He's gonna get himself Chelsea Davised by the Georgia Bar.

Holy shit that’s some amazing stuff. Yeah, he’s lost his mind.

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

image.gif.807eea9f612cdc9f6e37877b37084c19.gif

Chelsea Davis is/was a Dallas junior patent lawyer with a solid education who worked at Baker Botts, among other places.

She began making increasingly insane allegations against lawyers at McKool Smith and some associated players in the patent troll financing community in Dallas, including a bunch of bizarre pro se lawsuits.  She is apparently floridly bipolar and possibly schizophrenic or schizoaffective disorder.

Very much like what you see from Wood in that lawsuit.

Ultimately, the State Bar of Texas investigated her mental state and indefinitely suspended her from the practice of law.  Which is why I have said from time to time that it may be insanity rather than the "political content" that gets some of these lawyers in trouble with the bar.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, at the Law and Crime sight, which is pretty decent, if a bit of a scandal sheet like abovethelaw, I found Terpsiwhore's affidavit, the second one in this pdf.  https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.azd.1255923/gov.uscourts.azd.1255923.1.5.pdf

Pretty insane and incoherent.  Among other insanity, it attempts to imply that Akamai is some insidious foreign-controlled entity exercizing some vague control over US election security and voting machines.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

Polling pads connect to internet to download voter data from state servers. Polling pads are not voting machines. 

It’s intentionally misleading. 

Right and that’s what i thought the whole time. It’s just an onion of bullshit...as in just keep peeling all the layers and observe how it somehow always turns out to be bullshit

8 hours ago, Lobo said:

Epstein is alive and well.  And throwing one kick-ass New Year's Eve Party.  

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Tupac is performing at the party.  so is Andy Kaufman.  it's gonna be a killer party.

7 hours ago, formermav43 said:

That's nothing. I hear Elvis will be there.

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dotard and all his followers gonna shit their pants in fear when the Jesus shows up.

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Costello, grbac, or andrus?

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Leave your body and soul at the door.

7 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That would be a great party, but it won't be a killer until Dahmer shows up.

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

John Jr? 

6 hours ago, shakahorn said:

No, it’s just Andy goofing on Elvis.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ooof, check the quotes from Wood around pp. 33 to end of that lawsuit.  https://lawandcrime.com/lawsuit/defense-attorney-for-kyle-rittenhouse-sued-for-fraud-and-breach-of-contract-by-former-colleagues/

pos rep for Chelsea Davis reference

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Are ya'll saying that God doesn't tell you who to smite and who to spare on a daily basis? Chelsea Davis is a fucking nut.  She still has a website claiming she is a practicing attorney.  At the bottom it reads "No fee for legal representation.  Not currently accepting clients" or some shit. 

12 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't think the GOP will die.  Americans are too lazy to turn out in 2024 like they did in 2020.  I will not be at all shocked if the GOP retakes the Oval Office.  Even if GA flips the Senate to 50/50 I would be surprised to see it hold for long.

The only solace I take is that demographics are shifting.  Olds are dying, (some) kids are voting, and red states like Texas are moving towards blue.  It won't happen by 2024, though.  I am not hopeful.

Olds are dying, more youngsters are voting, and a shit-ton of people have learned that A) it's actually fairly easy to vote (depending on skin color and location) and B) there's people who don't want them to vote, which makes them want to vote even more.

Texas is interesting.  The top state officials - Paxton, Abbott, and Goeb, are all acting like pieces of shit, along with Cruz and Cornyn.  They think they are all cute, and yeah, it plays well to their audience, but their audience is shrinking for various reasons.

It's almost like they've accepted that Texas is going to flip soon, and so they have decided not to give a shit.

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, at the Law and Crime sight, which is pretty decent, if a bit of a scandal sheet like abovethelaw, I found Terpsiwhore's affidavit, the second one in this pdf.  https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.azd.1255923/gov.uscourts.azd.1255923.1.5.pdf

Pretty insane and incoherent.  Among other insanity, it attempts to imply that Akamai is some insidious foreign-controlled entity exercizing some vague control over US election security and voting machines.

One of my favorite things about the baroque Storm-Powell-Wood fantasy was the constant fanfic about the “305th Military Intelligence Battalion”, which is a training unit in Arizona. This barking mad affidavit (first one) gives the game away by admitting that the witness was only ever in training. 

Also part of the theory was that Trump was going to deploy the 305th from Arizona on the eastern seaboard to secure voting machines despite having a three brigade sized units of military intelligence at Ft. Meade. 

TLDR; CSB the people believing this shit have a mall ninja level grasp of the military. 

• Hook 'Em 2

We all know Texas is shifting blue, but Trump still scored a 5.4% margin over Biden.  It happens every time -- "Beto might actually beat Cruz, oh damn, nevertheless".  It's going to take a decade at least before one of these major races actually flips. 

It doesn't help that the Hispanic vote is actually picking up small momentum toward the red side of the aisle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We all know Texas is shifting blue, but Trump still scored a 5.4% margin over Biden.  It happens every time -- "Beto might actually beat Cruz, oh damn, nevertheless".  It's going to take a decade at least before one of these major races actually flips. 

It doesn't help that the Hispanic vote is actually picking up small momentum toward the red side of the aisle.

Democrats need to come to terms with the realities of Mexican-Americans in Texas— and just how damn diverse they are. 

Example: Right now the Highway 100 town of Los Fresnos is draped in Back the Blue paraphernalia. This 90 percent Hispanic, quiet, culturally conservative place has a very different feeling about law enforcement and what problems they face as Mexican-Americans than neighborhoods of recent immigrants in Houston or DFW. Now, Los Fresnos is still blue and has plenty of reasons to vote blue, but it’s not as reliable as it once was. And they simply are not going to accept that a major, pressing problem is that they are suppressed and oppressed by their cousins and brothers in the LFPD, Cameron County Sheriff, or even Border Patrol. It just doesn’t register, nor does “Latinx.”

Thats not to say that the D party needs to ignore these very real issues that are grave problems for many, many people and constituents. Just that they have to find a way to leave room for other constituents’ “lived experiences” to coexist. A demographically changing Texas and USA will bring some changes for the old Republican guard, but it’s also not going to look the way blue progressives might want or imagine it will. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

In general, Texas is not a progressive state. If Ds were more moderate candidates then they would already be winning. The Wendy Davis and Beto group will not win Texas anytime soon. 

11 hours ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Are ya'll saying that God doesn't tell you who to smite and who to spare on a daily basis? Chelsea Davis is a fucking nut.  She still has a website claiming she is a practicing attorney.  At the bottom it reads "No fee for legal representation.  Not currently accepting clients" or some shit. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

One of my favorite things about the baroque Storm-Powell-Wood fantasy was the constant fanfic about the “305th Military Intelligence Battalion”, which is a training unit in Arizona. This barking mad affidavit (first one) gives the game away by admitting that the witness was only ever in training. 

Also part of the theory was that Trump was going to deploy the 305th from Arizona on the eastern seaboard to secure voting machines despite having a three brigade sized units of military intelligence at Ft. Meade. 

TLDR; CSB the people believing this shit have a mall ninja level grasp of the military. 

Yeah, that was apparently a whole Q sideshow.  Some retired AF general going all batshit about 305th and seizing servers and crap.  I only caught bits and pieces because I refuse to click on any link that gives that shit any credence at all.

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yea, I guess the only way it makes some sense is that a bunch of wet behind the ears school-house privates are more likely to follow illegal orders to do something like this, mostly out of ignorance. For those thinking that these school houses have grizzled, seen and done it all veterans, let me correct you. Most school houses are full of guys that aren’t deployable, or got the hook up with branch and was able to park their asses in one of the easier jobs in the army. They are given tasks, conditions, and standards, and for many, that’s the extent of their knowledge on a subject. 

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Olds are dying, more youngsters are voting, and a shit-ton of people have learned that A) it's actually fairly easy to vote (depending on skin color and location) and B) there's people who don't want them to vote, which makes them want to vote even more.

Texas is interesting.  The top state officials - Paxton, Abbott, and Goeb, are all acting like pieces of shit, along with Cruz and Cornyn.  They think they are all cute, and yeah, it plays well to their audience, but their audience is shrinking for various reasons.

It's almost like they've accepted that Texas is going to flip soon, and so they have decided not to give a shit.

They care, they just hope to disenfranchise enough to make up the difference.  Plus they get to redraw lines again.