the trump election lawsuit thread of dominance

henrygandorf

6 minutes ago, Whitewater Horn said:

Her daddy’s name HAS to be Cletus. I never realized Cleta was the feminine of Cletus. 

I think you're right. Unless we're on the wrong track and she has a sister named Vulva and a brother named Richard.

I read the initial tweet too fast and missed that it listed her firm as Foley's Department Store & Lardner. Foley's got absorbed by Macy's so I guess she's probably going to end up job shopping soon....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

At a 5-second glance, federal sedition laws seem somewhat narrowly dependent on the use of force, or a conspiracy to use force, against the U.S. Government. But in an honest world, the Biden administration would at least try to bring federal charges against these crooks and see if they can make them stick.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

it's kinda shocking how you normalize Trump's behavior.

the Washington Post runs this story and you immediately take Trump's position that it's likely fake.  you don't inherently believe the sourcing.  

and then you casual agree that the Georgia SoS is likely in physical danger for disagreeing with Trump's lunatic fringe conspiracy theory.

this shit makes the Nixon Watergate tapes look like an innocent call between Meemaw and her granddaughter.  this is probably the most impeachable action Trump has ever taken, and you brush it off as fake news and probable threats of violence to a government official.

For a year or so people have casually talked about the president of the United States of America installing "loyalists" in various positions and no one batted an eye. "Loyalists" is not a term one hears in democratically run governments.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I think the tape was released by somebody in the White House. It sounds like the recording was made on that end. The Georgia boys are clearly on the phone and it sounds like dotard is not on the phone, meaning we’re hearing his voice in a microphone. It doesn’t sound like it’s coming over phone lines

I don’t know if it’s true but I read he forbids any type of recording device even smart phones in his meetings. I assumed he sounds different because he is on speakerphone so his coconspirators can hear

edit found this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna834546

Edited by Sawbonz

12 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

it's kinda shocking how you normalize Trump's behavior.

the Washington Post runs this story and you immediately take Trump's position that it's likely fake.  you don't inherently believe the sourcing.  

and then you casual agree that the Georgia SoS is likely in physical danger for disagreeing with Trump's lunatic fringe conspiracy theory.

this shit makes the Nixon Watergate tapes look like an innocent call between Meemaw and her granddaughter.  this is probably the most impeachable action Trump has ever taken, and you brush it off as fake news and natural threats of violence to a government official.

Dude, chill out. I already admitted that I didn't click far enough to hear the audio. My fault. Feel free to read my post history and tell me that I'm normalizing Trump's behavior.

I was just pointing out the difficulty of recording the President of the United States without his knowledge. 

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Llogg said:

For a year or so people have casually talked about the president of the United States of America installing "loyalists" in various positions and no one batted an eye. "Loyalists" is not a term one hears in democratically run governments.

I have no doubt that both Florida and Texas would have helped Trump in this past election if asked. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe @TwiceHorn once outlined the differences between treason and sedition; wouldn't this be more along the lines of the latter?

Perhaps like planning a seditious conspiracy or such like?

Very good, Mrs. Whiggins.  In the public protest "arena," prosecutions for sedition have only been for overt acts, that is violence or the inciting of same, because of the wariness of First Amendment problems with political speech.

When you're in a more private conversation like this between Trump and Raffensberger, the First Amendment concerns dwindle a lot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe @TwiceHorn once outlined the differences between treason and sedition; wouldn't this be more along the lines of the latter?

Perhaps like planning a seditious conspiracy or such like?

One could argue that we are in fact in a cyber war with Russia at this time and that Trumps action are aiding and abetting Russia. 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I have no doubt that both Florida and Texas would have helped Trump in this past election if asked. 

you mean like when Gerg Abbott unilaterally limited counties to one drop box? So Harris county and it’s 2.5mn people had 1 place to drop off early votes. 

12 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Very good, Mrs. Whiggins.  In the public protest "arena," prosecutions for sedition have only been for overt acts, that is violence or the inciting of same, because of the wariness of First Amendment problems with political speech.

When you're in a more private conversation like this between Trump and Raffensberger, the First Amendment concerns dwindle a lot.

What about Gohmert’s calls for violence?

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

you mean like when Gerg Abbott unilaterally limited counties to one drop box? So Harris county and it’s 2.5mn people had 1 place to drop off early votes. 

Valid. But that is likely just Abbott being Abbott. I mean like flipping a lot of votes in RGV if asked. Before the election antics have been what Rs have been doing for years. But this President has created an environment for post election antics. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Valid. But that is likely just Abbott being Abbott. I mean like flipping a lot of votes in RGV if asked. Before the election antics have been what Rs have been doing for years. But this President has created an environment for post election antics. crimes

Fixed.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It is. And trump should be hanged. 

Here’s what’s funny:

Suppose the Fox News crowd is actually right and you’re dead wrong about this. He should be hanged anyways...at The Hague. That can be said of every post WW2 American president, but this dude is the first one to accomplish the feat of deserving a hanging abroad AND at home. That’s quite an achievement.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Co-conspirator Meadows you love to hear it

Since this was an interstate call are federal charges (for all but Trump obv) proper?

Federal charges for Meadows and Trump and probably others are proper.  But 45% of the country and every GOP official will find a way to move the goalposts on this too, and nothing will happen.

52 U.S. Code § 20511 - Criminal penalties

A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office
(1)knowingly and willfully intimidates, threatens, or coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any person for—
(A)registering to vote, or voting, or attempting to register or vote;
(B)urging or aiding any person to register to vote, to vote, or to attempt to register or vote; or
(C)exercising any right under this chapter; or
(2)knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by
(A)the procurement or submission of voter registration applications that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held; or
(B)the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held,
shall be fined in accordance with title 18 (which fines shall be paid into the general fund of the Treasury, miscellaneous receipts (pursuant to section 3302 of title 31), notwithstanding any other law), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.
(Pub. L. 103–31, § 12, May 20, 1993, 107 Stat. 88.)

• Hook 'Em 2

Despite Byron York and Brit Hume tweeting about it, Foxnews.com does not mention the recording right now. 

On Fox News tv They had a 3 person panel, all women. 2 called the bull shit, other said it was trump fighting for his American ppl
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know it shouldn't be surprising, but this is full on watching the burning down of this country.  If they get away with this (meaning no repercussions during the Biden admin), then there are no rules.  None.  We might start seeing politicians disappeared.  Because why not? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

While articles like this are fun, I am naturally skeptical of their sourcing. While I have no doubt that Trump would stoop to this, I can't imagine that he'd have the call with a bunch of people in the room. And I doubt the leak would be from the SoS's office because, you know, he doesn't want to die.

GTFO with this bullshit. WaPo clearly writes that they obtained a recording.  A few choices:

1. WaPo is lying and made it up. 
2. WaPo has the recording and misquoted.

3. WaPo has some faked recording. 
4. It’s a real recording reported accurately.

Your choice what to believe but you’re an idiot if you choose anything but four.  I guarantee their newsroom did not write a completely fake story, and editors wouldn’t allow the journalists to misquote something like this. Only the stupidest of rightwankers believe that newsrooms like the Times and Post aren’t rigorous with fact-checking and if they say they have a recording, they have one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I know it shouldn't be surprising, but this is full on watching the burning down of this country.  If they get away with this (meaning no repercussions during the Biden admin), then there are no rules.  None.  We might start seeing politicians disappeared.  Because why not? 

If this was the Democrats trying to deny a win by a Republican President-elect, I imagine that murders of judges and politicians would have already happened.  

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

GTFO with this bullshit. WaPo clearly writes that they obtained a recording.  A few choices:

Your choice what to believe but you’re an idiot if you choose anything but four.  I guarantee their newsroom did not write a completely fake story, and editors wouldn’t allow the journalists to misquote something like this. Only the stupidest of rightwankers believe that newsrooms like the Times and Post aren’t rigorous with fact-checking and if they say they have a recording, they have one.

Jesus fuckin christ aggie08 already admitted he just didn't read far enough down to see the recording.  He is one of the good guys despite his bad taste in universities.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Here’s what’s funny:

Suppose the Fox News crowd is actually right and you’re dead wrong about this. He should be hanged anyways...at The Hague. That can be said of every post WW2 American president, but this dude is the first one to accomplish the feat of deserving a hanging abroad AND at home. That’s quite an achievement.

According to Stormy Daniels, it'd be the only time in his life that he'd be hung

(and yes, I know it's "hanged". Forget it, I'm rolling)

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

For the third time: I only read the original Tweet and didn't realize that they had the audio. I couldn't read the actual article without subscribing. So I incorrectly assumed it was another one of the dozen or so "Source close to Trump reports the President has been threatening state officials in series of perverse phone calls" that we get every week. Which, while I believe to be true, don't have legs beyond us being able to say "of course he is." I'm glad this one is about as close as dead to rights as it gets...and, sadly, still probably won't phase his sycophants and political opportunists.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

When Liz f’n Cheney is the voice of reason

Liz Cheney, Lincoln Project, etc., are planning on picking up the pieces when Trump tries to burn down the GOP on the way out the door.

I'm very happy about the vote on Wednesday, it's going to really divide the GOP.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump's event for the 6th, well one of the events he is retweeting

Somebody needs to go around playing clips from Trump's recording.

Every time Notre Dame plays Michigan, I pray for a meteor strike. I'm sure many of you do the same if/when Aggie plays the Okies.

I'd cash all of those in for one to happen on these events, though.

• Hook 'Em 1