Auburn fires Gus Malzahn

texifornia

Yeah, 10 mil within 30 days and 400k/mo for 2 yrs. 
His success against Bama kept him here this long. His problem is losing the ones he shouldn’t have. And poor player development. And recruiting continuing to drop off. Can we have mike Tomlin?!?!?!

the above came from a buddy in Auburn 

this is all insane. I love college athletics but, it’s gone full insanity

Auburn with more balls than Texas. Not afraid to pay 21.5 million buyout to try and make your program better.

Meh, letting your balls do the thinking is not a winning strategy.

Based on the rumors on here, it sounds like our leadership is fractured and not committed to the process of establishing Texas. They really need to replace our AD with someone like Ohio State’s which is committed to their program. We also need to go after competency at coaching. Not necessarily the resume’ or name. Fuck, pay Urban Meyer to consult and interview people, he could spot a winner.

Our money boys sound like they are dumbasses who struck lightning and now think they are geniuses.

But that is my interpretation of 31 flavors of hearsay or heresy.
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Meh, letting your balls do the thinking is not a winning strategy.

Based on the rumors on here, it sounds like our leadership is fractured and not committed to the process of establishing Texas. They really need to replace our AD with someone like Ohio State’s which is committed to their program. We also need to go after competency at coaching. Not necessarily the resume’ or name. Fuck, pay Urban Meyer to consult and interview people, he could spot a winner.

Our money boys sound like they are dumbasses who struck lightning and now think they are geniuses.

But that is my interpretation of 31 flavors of hearsay or heresy.

I mean you can say all that but having conviction is necessary. Maybe auburn made a bad choice, and time will tell. But they felt the need to change the trajectory of the program and pulled the trigger. I don’t see conviction in the Texas AD or boosters and that’s a problem.

5 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Their hire will reflect this as well, Freeze is a scum bag, and I wouldn’t be shocked if they kick the tires on Briles as well.

Outside of a Briles or Paterno situation you shouldn’t give two fucks about anything. LSU punishment out front should have told ya. 

But hey WE’RE TEXAS! Am I right?

Edited by BurntOrange&White

The coaches pay market has taken a significant arrow up. Schools tossing tens of millions at changing coaches with limited upside potential.

Do the bag men sucks right now or did they all quit? Surely less money could be spent at the bottom of the pyramid than is currently being poured over the top of it.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Jeff Traylor has one hell of an agent.

True 'dat !

He has done a great job,  announced today that UTSA will play SMU in the Frisco Bowl,  19 Dec.   BON is looking for clicks.

https://thefriscobowl.com/smu-and-utsa-selected-to-play-in-2020-tropical-smoothie-cafe-frisco-bowl/

Edited by torre

hahahah..

wait, i was told you couldn't fire a coach UNLESS a clear candidate was identified AND accepted the job behind the scenes.

i was told you could not fire a useless coach during covid because OPTICS.

i was told the AD had to set the athletic department in the "right direction" with some bullshit multi-year workplan before firing a useless coach.

i was told.......aw fuck it.

GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS TEXAS.  I HAVE A FEELING CDC AND FRIENDS FOUND A WAY TO FUCK THINGS UP.

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Auburn is gonna spend a bunch of money and get a reclamation project. That program is not going to upgrade.

This is what I'm thinking.  It's a lot of money, plus pay a new coach plus potential buyout for that coach.  All the while they may hire a slight upgrade.  But it ain't my money, so don't care. 

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Yeah, 10 mil within 30 days and 400k/mo for 2 yrs. 
His success against Bama kept him here this long. His problem is losing the ones he shouldn’t have. And poor player development. And recruiting continuing to drop off. Can we have mike Tomlin?!?!?!

this is all insane. I love college athletics but, it’s gone full insanity

ESPN-Logo.png

7 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

So Auburn hires Freeze, Liberty hires Art.

That timeline works out perfectly for Art to end up at Tech when they fire their current mistake in two years.

Actually, Briles might end up at Tech.....sooner than that.

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-texas-tech/

An alum and former Red Raiders running backs coach, Briles has not coached in college football since 2015, but a group of moneyed boosters has loudly argued for a return to his alma mater. Just last week a prominent Baylor alum released the results of an investigation into Briles’s dismissal from Baylor, which the pro-Briles camp will argue clears the deck for his return to major college football. The 65-year-old is now the head coach at Mount Vernon High School in northeast Texas. His team lost in the Class 3A Division I semifinals on Friday. Sources confirmed to FootballScoop.com that Briles has been vetted by multiple other Power-5 programs since he exited Baylor five years ago.

10 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Actually, Briles might end up at Tech.....sooner than that.

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-at-texas-tech/

They don’t have the support yet to even can their current coach., and a large portion of the fan base would riot if it happened sooner. (From Lubbock, my entire family are Raiders, and are decently connected with good info from inside the admin).

But in two years, with a rehab at Liberty, and two more years of abysmal football? There will be lots of people willing to do the “Christian thing” and give him a second chance.

5 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It has nothing to do with balls. It has to do with the importance of football to the institution.

I mean both are true really. There’s no guarantee they will get a better coach. It’s a gutsy move to fire a guy that has beat Saban as much as he has.

8 hours ago, taybo20 said:

I mean both are true really. There’s no guarantee they will get a better coach. It’s a gutsy move to fire a guy that has beat Saban as much as he has.

I haven't checked Nick's record at Michigan State, but I think GM has the most wins over Saban's current incarnation.

Do you credit the year GM was OC with Cam Newton?