2019 commit RB TY Jordan [Passed away page 5 for latest]

Machinator

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

As someone that generally disdains the slipshod manner in which Imma manages things around here what's the big deal?  The only reason this is getting more attention than 3-5 posts is because this guy was a former recruit of ours.  If he was some local DFW kid who just went to Utah and played one very short season nobody would pay that much attention.

Wait until Urban tweets his condolences, this thread will get a hearse tracker, food pics, and Nicki & the Legion of Thirst.

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

RIP young man. Too soon...too soon.

For those with children...spend the time to constantly revisit these rules:

1. Never point a gun at something you're not willing to destroy (animate or inanimate),
  2. Treat every gun as if it is always loaded,
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target,
  4. Be certain of your target.

We practice these principles even with NERF guns in our home.

For adolescent and young males especially, I’d hastily add “5. Don’t touch a damn gun while intoxicated unless absolutely necessary.”

I DO NOT know whether that applies to Ty’s specific situation, but can personally attest based upon similar tragedies with friends’ and acquaintances’ sons. Strong emotions + impaired judgement + available guns can = terrible outcomes, even for kids who appear to have everything going for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

1. Never point a gun at something you're not willing to destroy (animate or inanimate),

You practice rule #1 with nerf guns? What do you shoot a can?
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao. Keep being the unhinged piece of shit you are. Fucking loser. 

If someone of your caliber and intelligence calls me a loser, I take that as a compliment. On all matters. My choice in women (especially their size), my take on football matters and just life in general. Your anti-endorsement is the most self full filling accomplishment I can get from this site. 

4 hours ago, Izhmash said:

No CR

stlouiscouple.jpg?fit=1200,937&ssl=1

5 hours ago, Izhmash said:

Unless their was a witness, accidental might be wishful thinking. 

Rest In Peace young man. 

6 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

For adolescent and young males especially, I’d hastily add “5. Don’t touch a damn gun while intoxicated unless absolutely necessary.”

I DO NOT know whether that applies to Ty’s specific situation, but can personally attest based upon similar tragedies with friends’ and acquaintances’ sons. Strong emotions + impaired judgement + available guns can = terrible outcomes, even for kids who appear to have everything going for them.

This is how I lost a good friend. He got wasted on his birthday and killed himself.  He was by himself at the time so we'll never know if it was an accident or intentional.  

I spent 30 min talking to him earlier in the day. Still crushes me that I wasn't able to prevent it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

This is how I lost a good friend. He got wasted on his birthday and killed himself.  He was by himself at the time so we'll never know if it was an accident or intentional.  

I spent 30 min talking to him earlier in the day. Still crushes me that I wasn't able to prevent it.

Sorry to hear that, amigo. RIP to your friend, regardless of how long it's been. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

How is that a shitty act?

It wasn’t. I think the hate came from his actions afterwards when he trashed Texas to other recruits. If he had just taken the money and left quietly, fewer people would’ve had a problem with it.

Either way, that’s all in the past now. Tragic loss of an extremely talented kid. What a shit year for that family.
  • Like 1

The untimely death of a young man or woman has always hurt me and brought back painful memories. Six weeks after my high school class graduated, we were back together for the funeral of one of our most loved classmates. 

He was going to go to TCU on a football scholarship. The story we were told was that he was knifed thought the aorta by a guy on drugs.

The overwhelming senselessness of the loss and waste of it has never left me. I miss him, and hate that he didn't get the chance to live a full life.

I feel the same way for this young man. Rest in peace Ty and Tim.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 12/26/2020 at 2:07 PM, Degenerate Gardner said:

Had a buddy in HS who was intoxicated while hunting. Ended up shooting himself in the stomach on accident but luckily survived. 

• 8 months later...

Man that sucks. If they tried to give me the scholarship created in honor of Ty or this guy, I think I’m gonna have to pass. 

I was think about Ty yesterday as I watched our kick ass RBs eat and thought about how things might have been different for this kid.  

Edited by Lhorn
  • Haha 1