A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

43 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It matters if he’s prosecuted. He will have one hell of a time convincing a jury about his lack of knowledge. DOJ will have the knowledge element of the crime pinned down.

But your honor, you really can’t tell my client anything. There are dozens of government officials who can attest to that. Many close aides, top cabinet secretaries, military advisers, etc. They can all confirm that. His Secretary of State once referred to him as, and I quote, “a fucking moron.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

"You haven't proven that these are classified because I can declassify them, and I won't tell you if I did that or not."

Do I have that correct?

That's how I interpret it.

Plus the defense of him writing on something classified means it now has executive privilege is...something.

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

He will rule in Trumps favor. If he doesn’t Trump will just declare his candidacy. Then when DOJ indicts, there will be a year more of lawsuits about how a DOJ can’t indict a presidential candidate. You will tell us commoners that technically that’s never been decided by the courts, and we must go through the circus once more. Trump will then use that court case to garner support. After he’s re-elected, he will fire the DOJ and end the case. Because that is the timeline we are on 

Trump won’t declare. He’s making millions. That’s more important to him.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Trump harumphing that "they wouldn't have put ME there"  re: wherever Joe Biden sat at Queen Elizabeth's funeral ... can you imagine how FUCKING TINY Trump's dick must be to not only think something so petty like that but then to post it publicly?  He is such a little bitch.  

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

"You haven't proven that these are classified because I can declassify them, and I won't tell you if I did that or not."

Do I have that correct?

That's exactly it.  Trumpco is arguing that the same document is both classified and not classified at the same time.  It's Schrödinger's Feces: whatever it is, it's always shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Cannon is the real hero in all of this.

Regardless, I think we will find tangible benefit to this whole process.  Trump is going to look like an even bigger asshole and the process of indicting him and convicting him will be smoother with virtually all doubt as to these documents removed.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Trump won’t declare. He’s making millions. That’s more important to him.

Trump only obsesses about money because it brings him adulation. If Trumps actually gave a shit about money, he would do real estate and you wouldn’t hear a peep from him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying money isn’t important to Trump. It’s just not the core desire. He craves adulation. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's exactly it.  Trumpco is arguing that the same document is both classified and not classified at the same time.  It's Schrödinger's Feces: whatever it is, it's always shit.

They kinda, maybe, might have been declassified, sort of.  You know I can do that (because I think I am the king).

Just now, Neonmoon said:

Trump only obsesses about money because it brings him adulation. If Trumps actually gave a shit about money, he would do real estate and you wouldn’t hear a peep from him. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying money isn’t important to Trump. It’s just not the core desire. He craves adulation. 

He arguably gets that, without the headaches of actually being president-king, by being a martyr for the morons.

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It's well-known that long ago, he was very unhappy when NY society wouldn't give him and his euroslut the time of day and treated him like the outer-borough slumlord that he was.

I wonder if that bred/nurtured the narcissism or was a product of it.  I assume that his early home life was full of trauma, which is the usual explanation for that kind of personality disorder.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump in public: I declassified all those documents.

Court: okay, do I understand correctly Trump declassified the documents?

Trump attorney: I don't believe we've taken that position.

Court:  okay, so Trump didn't declassify the documents?

Trump attorney: I don't believe we've taken that position.

Trump from outside the courthouse: This is all dumb. Deep state. I declassified all the documents. I did it better than anyone in history. I perfectly declassified them. Beautifully.

Court: okay. So, you're not taking a position on whether Trump declassified any documents?

Trump attorney: I don't believe we've taken that position. Our position is Presidents have wide latitude to declassify documents.

Court: Yeah. So did he declassify them or not?

Trump attorney: I need to use the bathroom. Can I be excused?

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 5

Just now, immamac said:

No, the special master does. The judge doesn’t get to do shit. 

I would think the special master's ruling is subject to confirmation by the district judge, similar to a referral to a magistrate judge.  But I haven't researched the issue.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

That’s not how any of this works. Lol 

You might want to have a look at FRCP 53.

ETA: I haven't studied the order appointing Dearie but that order will dictate whether and to what extent any findings are binding on the district court.  Typically a district court will have de novo review over any findings reported by the SM.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, immamac said:

That’s not how any of this works. Lol 

Actually that's exactly how this works, now that I've skimmed the order appointing Dearie.

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

No report and recommendation sort of thing?

From the order:  "the Special Master is directed to prioritize review of the documents at issue in the Motion and to issue interim reports and recommendations as appropriate."

12 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You might want to have a look at FRCP 53.

ETA: I haven't studied the order appointing Dearie but that order will dictate whether and to what extent any findings are binding on the district court.  Typically a district court will have de novo review over any findings reported by the SM.

"11. The parties may file objections to, or motions to adopt or modify, the special master's ... orders, reports, or recommendations no later than 5 calendar days after service of each, and the Court shall review those objections...de novo."

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Can you appeal a special master ruling?

Parties can object to the district court any ruling within 5 days; thereafter objections are deemed waived.  Once confirmed by the district court, any order would be subject to appeal to the extent it would be appealable had no special master been appointed.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 4

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement