A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It would probably be in their interest to do so.  I mean, they did grant a loan on a bigly overvalued property.

That’s my point. Can you legally refinance a balloon payment of $100M when you know (and more importantly the court knows) the collateral backing that loan is worth $10M?

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

That’s my point. Can you legally refinance a balloon payment of $100M when you know (and more importantly the court knows) the collateral backing that loan is worth $10M?

Well, lets' assume something not-unlawful happens and the lender is woefully undercollateralized.  Hell yeah they can restructure/refinance and they have every incentive to do so, especially if the debtor has a good payment history.

They were somewhat willingly defrauded on the initial loan, so that's different, and apparently not going to be subject to criminal sanction, but they can still do more or less whatever they want to.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, lets' assume something not-unlawful happens and the lender is woefully undercollateralized.  Hell yeah they can restructure/refinance and they have every incentive to do so, especially if the debtor has a good payment history.

They were somewhat willingly defrauded on the initial loan, so that's different, and apparently not going to be subject to criminal sanction, but they can still do more or less whatever they want to.

Well in that case refinance it at 200 million 

12 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Well, I get that.  No evidence admitted yet may be a better way to say it.  And I am sure that there will be plenty of defense lawyers and experts doing cross examination, rebuttal and critique of whatever the AG's team will be putting up.

No, no there will not be. That isn't how summary judgment works. Otherwise it would neither be summary nor judgment. 

48 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No, no there will not be. That isn't how summary judgment works. Otherwise it would neither be summary nor judgment. 

Silly me.  I thought that summary judgment motions dealt solely with legal rather than disputed factual issues. 

And I used to think that disputed factual issues were dealt with in a court proceeding that was subject to rebuttal and cross examination.

Who knew?

7 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Silly me.  I thought that summary judgment motions dealt solely with legal rather than disputed factual issues. 

And I used to think that disputed factual issues were dealt with in a court proceeding that was subject to rebuttal and cross examination.

Who knew?

spacer.png

• Haha 4

Her post sex sandwiches would be amazing, but you would have to deal with about 20 pillows on the bed.
In my world Martha fucks everywhere but the bed. Sex swing, a handsome bench below the footboard that's just right for doggie, maybe a chair on the patio beneath the Apple tree that's Just right on fall morning and just naughty enough where neighbors can see over the fence but Not thier kids while I'm hitting that old ass doggystyle.

Sure she's old, but I'm mid 40s, variety is the spice of life, wood. Still have Midgets on my list also so bring it lil ladies let's go.
  • Drool 4

Please tell me somebody already has the Lake Travis pro-trump water parade meme cooked up.  There are already batteries on most boats, Captain Dipshit.  They may not yet power the engine, but most other functions are controlled via battery.  Kinda like your car's interior .  It is literally impossible he's this fucking stupid.  
No with a regular boat, if the boat starts sinking you are surounded by gasoline and oil. Which could catch fire amd kill you, with the hypothetical evil electic boat the electric battery sinks into the abyss killing all the whales believe you me, tremendously, bigly.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

I’m just a simple caveman transactional guy, but isn’t the whole point of summary judgment, you know, to quickly deal with some asshole who has no plausible, legally valid rebuttal to the claims against him?  
But, of course, that would require contemplating the possibility that perhaps Donald Trump didn’t provide a convincing rebuttal because he simply doesn’t have one.  “No, that’s not it.  The judge must have just not let Donald tell his side of the story!  I mean, other than in all those hearings and briefs and motions, but those don’t count!”
You missed the tragic part where he was denied Cross examination!

Seriously, does Trump actually have any chance of winning the 2024 election?  I know polls from 2016 and all…..but it’s been 4 years since 2020 and a shitload of boomers have died and a shit load of younger voters have become eligible to vote.  How the hell does that give Trump any real chance?  Fuck that fat motherfucker, he’s on the fast track to hell.

• Hook 'Em 4

Seriously, does Trump actually have any chance of winning the 2024 election?  I know polls from 2016 and all…..but it’s been 4 years since 2020 and a shitload of boomers have died and a shit load of younger voters have become eligible to vote.  How the hell does that give Trump any real chance?  Fuck that fat motherfucker, he’s on the fast track to hell.
Yes he does, I recommend studying our state politics and history and then accepting a natural position on the ledge.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:

In my world Martha fucks everywhere but the bed. Sex swing, a handsome bench below the footboard that's just right for doggie, maybe a chair on the patio beneath the Apple tree that's Just right on fall morning and just naughty enough where neighbors can see over the fence but Not thier kids while I'm hitting that old ass doggystyle.

Sure she's old, but I'm mid 40s, variety is the spice of life, wood. Still have Midgets on my list also so bring it lil ladies let's go.

If she invited me over, I'm not going to fuck around or fuck up, I'm bringing the lube, because I am a gentleman.

water-based-lubricant-1000-litres-lubeli

I bet she has a waterslide in her backyard, so I'll bring the 55 gallon drum as well

81Cdo-YCiTL._AC_UF350,350_QL80_.jpg

Which works just fine for those times we are hanging out on the couch

81iLFh7H0WL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Fucking numbnut.  There have been gigantic batteries on submarines for 100 years.

Fake news! Marines don’t take batteries underwater. They tell me all the time how they are trained to swim for days at a time without even so much as a life jacket. What would they do underwater with a battery?

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

You also thought that no evidence had been presented, so we've already established that you don't know what the fuck's going on here, which means trying to make points by stating "I thought..." probably isn't the best tactic.

Cut him some slack. He studied law at Trump University. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Doesn’t he have several balloon payments coming due soon? If his entity is with a receiver will they do the refinancing?

8 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It would probably be in their interest to do so.  I mean, they did grant a loan on a bigly overvalued property.

In my experience in property loans, which are part of my business, absolutely not

6 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Who knew?

If you think there are disputed fact issues, and the court erred by granting the partial summary judgment, then maybe you should reach out to Trump and let him know!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2