A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

16 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

That kids a future villain in a James Bond movie--Golden Toilet or something or other.  

Has anyone thought of how much of this dudes presidency has centered around the toilet?  He repped owning a golden toilet, and tweeted daily from the can.  And of course he would hide national security docs in his bathroom, it was there in front of us, this whole time.  

toilet paper trump GIF

It all fits with him complaining about having to flush ten times. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

all due respect to the Writer's Guild and their legit struggle.  No reason to keep Klepper on the sidelines for 5 mos. when the comedy just writes itself.  He just walks up to people, points out the words on their clothing and just stands there.  Don't need a fucking SAG card to film that.  

• Like 1

Why I said "Writer's Guild" in my first sentence.  Jordan is also a SAG member from what I understand who also chose not to "act" in solidarity with WGA.  As you point out, he writes in-studio bits and probably outlines his rally visits.  But there was nothing stopping him from going out and doing these "interviews" as he wasn't really acting, other than in the sense of acting like he's not trapped inside a fucking Twilight Zone episode.  Like the "goodliars" guys still kept up and did this kinda stuff.  But they are not SAG members so they had no "fraternal obgliation" to stand with their WGA brothers and sisters.  But yeah, Klepper was in a weird spot because because he's a writer, technically an actor in some of his in-studio "bits", but also just a great natural field performer-turned-interviewer/observer.  He owes most of his fame to the Daily Show which was completely shut down.  But also traded on his own "brand" during the strike by still being invited onto CNN and other outlets to show clips of his experiences and comment on them.  He's a unique cat, hope he turns this into something bigger.  I also worry for him, because just off-camera in every one of these clips is a security detail that has had more than one close call.  

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Dammit, that Klepper bit was filmed by Lake Winnipesaukee. Wolfeboro, NH is an area we've been researching for a potential retirement destination. Don't tell me it's full of Trumpkins. emoji90.pngemoji2959.png

Southern Maine, Eastern Mass, and parts of Vermont are your best bets imo. While NH went for Biden by like 7% or something, the nuts that are there are truly lost. And if they aren't MAGA, they're probably a weird libertarian who moved to New Hampshire to take over local governments with other libertarians.

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 10/16/2023 at 3:48 PM, Red Five said:

We're not too far from "And let me tell you folks, I'd take the Russian or North Korean military over our group of woke fucking pussies any day!"

(wild applause) 

Ted Cruz already did that back in '21

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ted-cruz-army-veterans-military/

Veterans criticized Republican Senator Ted Cruz on Thursday after he complained about a U.S. Army recruiting ad that was featured in a viral clip comparing it with a Russian military ad. 

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Dammit, that Klepper bit was filmed by Lake Winnipesaukee. Wolfeboro, NH is an area we've been researching for a potential retirement destination. Don't tell me it's full of Trumpkins. emoji90.pngemoji2959.png

Yeah that was disturbing. There's a Beckett flag planted in Laconia, after I conquered the town and it's gorgeous lake in the mid aughts. Back then there were plenty of New England Reds, but they were, by and large, a live and let live group. Great beer pong players, and the women will knock your dick in the dirt. I'm YGIFS rambling at this point, but I'll have to investigate the level of MAGA-ness and whether my flag has been defaced. Hold tight my man, I'll be right back 

23 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yeah that was disturbing. There's a Beckett flag planted in Laconia, after I conquered the town and it's gorgeous lake in the mid aughts. Back then there were plenty of New England Reds, but they were, by and large, a live and let live group. Great beer pong players, and the women will knock your dick in the dirt. I'm YGIFS rambling at this point, but I'll have to investigate the level of MAGA-ness and whether my flag has been defaced. Hold tight my man, I'll be right back 

Yeah, sorry for all my long-winded posts about rural New Hampshire.  I've never been but it sure looks nice.  New England, particularly Massachusetts, is peculiar in that the urban blue voters are racist as fuck.  And much of the rural population is fairly well educated/well-to-do, but votes mostly red.  Vermont and Maine are the most rural states (in the sense of population density/MSA sizes) that consistently vote blue.  And then there's Connecticut where hedge fund managers for some reason fly the confederate flag.  It's a scene man, it's a scene.

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

image.thumb.png.f8615857c29f1bf96103b326fbabab95.png

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, sorry for all my long-winded posts about rural New Hampshire.  I've never been but it sure looks nice.  New England, particularly Massachusetts, is peculiar in that the urban blue voters are racist as fuck.  And much of the rural population is fairly well educated/well-to-do, but votes mostly red.  Vermont and Maine are the most rural states (in the sense of population density/MSA sizes) that consistently vote blue.  And then there's Connecticut where hedge fund managers for some reason fly the confederate flag.  It's a scene man, it's a scene.

I live in Boston (in the actual city, not a suburb) and have been in New England for the past 10 years including a lot of work in New Hampshire, Maine, etc.  Your profile on the region is way off. 

Edited by Horn02

He’d know better than me.  It’s just been my personal experience in the urban areas of Boston, not the city per se but the metro area, they were racist as fuck.  Even to me because I look pretty brown.  Several trips.  Anecdotal, but far outside the city, I encountered more educated and less racist folks.  admittedly, I was traveling with and going to see rich people for business purposes.  

if the areas immediately surrounding Boston, and the overall MSA is no longer racist, I’m glad to hear it. 

Edited by YGIFS

3 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Don’t forget snow-flakey.  The numerous Trump fans on this board avoid CR like the plague - because when they repeat easily refutable falsehoods, people are mean to them. Like really meanies.  

For anyone with a half a brain, there’s no defending trump. He’ll do down as top 5 worst Americans ever 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

the dumbest people fucking alive 

The stoner guy saying TIE-RANNY and then not having any awareness of the irony of his Never Surrender shirt was just fantastic. We share a country with people like this. The sooner I get moved off the mainland and eventually to a cool island in the South Pacific the better. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Don’t forget snow-flakey.  The numerous Trump fans on this board avoid CR like the plague - because when they repeat easily refutable falsehoods, people are mean to them. Like really meanies.  

There's always TexAgs.

On 10/17/2023 at 5:57 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Well it’s in New Hampshire, so…

(we have friends with a place on the lake and have stayed there a few times)

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

For anyone with a half a brain, there’s no defending trump. He’ll do down as top 5 worst Americans ever 

Agree. He lacks any form of empathy or caring for anyone other than himself. The modern day Republican Party are the real RINO’s, Republican in Name Only and their leader is Donald Trump. It baffles me how scarred they are of this one person. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Agree. He lacks any form of empathy or caring for anyone other than himself. The modern day Republican Party are the real RINO’s, Republican in Name Only and their leader is Donald Trump. It baffles me how scarred they are of this one person. 

Social media and a compliant (fox, newsmax, whatever) media.  That's it.  Without those two, Trump is just a loudmouth in the dustbin of history.

The power of those two in conjunction with whatever Trump says or believes is enough.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

18 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

They are cowards and they are sheep; but this is who they have always been.  They are the party of grievance and no solutions; but this is who they've been for 50 years.  When you have no ethos, this is the end result.   The world is changing, their game is up, and they have absolutely no idea to how to cope.  They have hastened their own demise, and I for one, am perfectly happy to celebrate it.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bookman said:

It will take years, but it will be interesting to see all the fallout and consequences caused by Obama making fun of Trump at that dinner, and then the Senate refusing to convict Trump, despite the evidence, in that first impeachment.

Yep, the Senate refusing to convict Trump and saying he can never run again is killing us. They lost their spine. They probably thought he would man up and go away thankful for the honor. We can only hope it will finally blow up in their face. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

56 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Yep, the Senate refusing to convict Trump and saying he can never run again is killing us. They lost their spine. They probably thought he would man up and go away thankful for the honor. We can only hope it will finally blow up in their face. 

26 minutes ago, Bookman said:

For fuck's sake they can't even elect a Speaker.

Yep, it's blowing up in their faces - not only can they not elect a Speaker, they are threatening each other publicly providing phone numbers for those who won't support Jordan, having MAGA idiots harass these people and their neighbors, robocalling them, etc.

Hell, I'm starting to think that Soros is spending money to make them fight and threaten each other.

• Like 1

I was listening to the podcast Smartless (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett) this morning and they had Rachel Maddow on. What a smart woman. She has a new book out called Prequel about how a group of people, including Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh tried to set up a government similar to Nazi Germany here in the US during the 1930's and 40's. They had militia groups all over the US along with sympathizers in government, Senators, etc. I realize that this has been the topic of several movies and TV series over the past few years. Cautionary tales. It seems like our country is going through this again and has been for awhile. It made me think, do you feel that Trump is a student of Hitler's and Nazi Germany, and that's why he acts like he does and talks like he does? I asked my wife that and she didn't think he was smart enough to be a student and that someone else is directing this. Thoughts? Maddow is hopeful that our country will get past this as it has so many times before. But man this is a rerun that just keeps happening over and over. If you get a chance listen to the podcast. I know there isn't a simple answer to all of this. 

9 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I was listening to the podcast Smartless (Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett) this morning and they had Rachel Maddow on. What a smart woman. She has a new book out called Prequel about how a group of people, including Henry Ford and Charles Lindbergh tried to set up a government similar to Nazi Germany here in the US during the 1930's and 40's. They had militia groups all over the US along with sympathizers in government, Senators, etc. I realize that this has been the topic of several movies and TV series over the past few years. Cautionary tales. It seems like our country is going through this again and has been for awhile. It made me think, do you feel that Trump is a student of Hitler's and Nazi Germany, and that's why he acts like he does and talks like he does? I asked my wife that and she didn't think he was smart enough to be a student and that someone else is directing this. Thoughts? Maddow is hopeful that our country will get past this as it has so many times before. But man this is a rerun that just keeps happening over and over. If you get a chance listen to the podcast. I know there isn't a simple answer to all of this. 

He's a con man that got into it because of the grift.  The best grift is from the authoritarian angle with no checks and balances except defenestration of your political foes.  This is why he idolizes Putin because of the grift not anything else.  He has no political compass or beliefs except the grift.

• Hook 'Em 7