A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I guess that is one perk of working for a gigantic engineering firm, none of that religious bullshit.

It's somewhat stunning how a pretty small shop with some specialized expertise (theirs seems to be well-control) can build a pretty decent size operation in oilfield services.  They can also vanish in the blink of an eye, by acquisition or otherwise.

In any event, I don't think Trendesetter is gigantic by any stretch of the imagination.

ETA:  I took your comment initially as sarcasm, but I see it wasn't.  Ha.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

And the "King of Debt"'s secret plan to do it is even more secret than the GOP's secret replacement plan for Obamacare.

He'll have his parking garage lawyer renogiate the debt agreement and stick one of these in somewhere:

“There is a POWERFUL Disclaimer Clause (some call it a ‘non-reliance clause,’...),” Trump wrote. 

Bingo! It's working like a charm for him.

11 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

*Slaps table*

That does it, he has my fucking vote!  says someone, somewhere.

Maybe I’m wrong but the only way to pay off the debt would be to throw a lot of money at it. Only two methods for that: raise taxes tremendously or print the money. I would like to hear Fox News economists to analyze those options.

or as mentioned, Trump the business man knows how to renegotiate debt. Go to the debt holders, threaten bankruptcy and negotiate new deals. What could go wrong if the US refuses to pay its debt, mainly held by Americans.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I was really referring to the line in the commercial with the two construction workers comparing lunches.  Everyone's basic training sucks, and I don't denigrate any of it.  Well, except the Air Force basic.

The Marines go that extra mile. Knew a couple of former Marine sergeants when I was a baby lieutenant later on. You actually had to avoid the impulse to load them up with extra work just because you knew they'd do it right. Just to have an exception that proved the rule, there was the one Marine whose mind snapped and he hid in the bathroom, but I guess he was due. Hey, 3 out of 4, not bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Maybe I’m wrong but the only way to pay off the debt would be to throw a lot of money at it. Only two methods for that: raise taxes tremendously or print the money. I would like to hear Fox News economists to analyze those options.

or as mentioned, Trump the business man knows how to renegotiate debt. Go to the debt holders, threaten bankruptcy and negotiate new deals. What could go wrong if the US refuses to pay its debt, mainly held by Americans.

To pay it off in 2 years, every productive asset in the GDP register would have to be taxed at 50%, including all of us.  Tough love.   That would be a recession to remember.

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Yeah, I'd love to hear someone from the crowd just once yell something after his stupid take on things like "we'll pay off the debt, fast..."  and just blurt out "How?"

Just one word.

I would like to hear that too, but that person would probably be beaten to within an inch of his life.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

And the person who yelled out "how" would be booed ferociously & likely pummeled by MAGATs as they bump rushed him from the auditorium.

They're not thinkers. Or reasonable people. They don't want details or answers to their questions*. They just want to participate in coordinated orgies of frenzied fear.

*except details of how he plans to imprison, punish or murder the Clinton's, Bidens, liberals, blacks, gays, and anyone else who makes them feel inferior.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

And the person who yelled out "how" would be booed ferociously & likely pummeled by MAGATs as they bump rushed him from the auditorium.

They're not thinkers. Or reasonable people. They don't want details or answers to their questions*. They just want to participate in coordinated orgies of frenzied fear.

*except details of how he plans to imprison, punish or murder the Clinton's, Bidens, liberals, blacks, gays, and anyone else who makes them feel inferior.

Much like that reporter who simply asked Mike Johnson about 1/6 and was immediately shouted down by the rest of the Rs. 

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Much like that reporter who simply asked Mike Johnson about 1/6 and was immediately shouted down by the rest of the Rs. 

Seriously this needs to be talked about more. The Rs don’t get to just sweep this under the rug. They fomented and many were a part of the biggest insurrection since the civil war and they just want to pretend like it didn’t happen. 

FUCK THAT. You don’t get to do that. Own it you fucking pussies and take your medicine. And by medicine I mean whatever shall happen to traitors. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Yeah, I'd love to hear someone from the crowd just once yell something after his stupid take on things like "we'll pay off the debt, fast..."  and just blurt out "How?"

Just one word.

image.gif.85fd51bcfa09044cffed9e0f1c1c45c0.gif

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Seriously this needs to be talked about more. The Rs don’t get to just sweep this under the rug. They fomented and many were a part of the biggest insurrection since the civil war and they just want to pretend like it didn’t happen. 

FUCK THAT. You don’t get to do that. Own it you fucking pussies and take your medicine. And by medicine I mean whatever shall happen to traitors. 

Voters soundly rejected insurrectionists by electing even more of them. Its why Johnson is speaker.

Keep in mind, Johnson doesnt believe the US is a democracy.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 11/3/2023 at 6:23 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Have you talked to literally any republicans? Ignoring J6 and acting like they were against it all along is their MO. Lie, lie, lie , lie some more, lie. 

When faced with the receipts of their own actions and comments, they'll just ignore and act like it doesn't look like anything at all

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Have you talked to literally any republicans? Ignoring J6 and acting like they were against it all along is their MO. Lie, lie, lie , lie some more, lie. 

When faced with the receipts of their own actions and comments, they'll just ignore and act like it doesn't look like anything at all

Yes that’s my point.  We need to not let them do that. 

Ya know, at least Hitler could spin a good yarn. I can understand how gullible, unremarkable, forgotten people can be talked into just about anything by a great orator. I'll never for the life of me understand how anyone can hear Donald Trump talk and say, "I believe the things that he is saying. He is a good, trustworthy person who I should support."

Roseanne probably hasn't seen too many well-written scripts in her day, but she had to have at least seen a couple. Following Donald Trump is the same as reading the script for Sharknado and pre-building a shelf for your inevitable Oscar.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Elon has had catturd2, and Trump has...Roseanne Barr
2e7672b61dc882b8.jpg

That picture is capturing a person in cognitive decline, if not dementia or psychotic delusion.

I have little sympathy but it’s still sad. There was a time - granted, it was decades back - when Roseanne was considered original and creative and witty. She was subversive and counter-culture to what was then an aspirant class of, I guess, yuppies?

Now it’s just a sad grasp at fading relevance and a headband that inexplicably matches an inexplicably polka dotted dress.

I know we live in a bubble in this thread and probably a lot of us in our personal lives, but man it is dispiriting to me to realize that ~50% of my fellow Americans still look at Trump after everything that’s happened and say, “yeah, that’s my guy”. 

IMG_6238.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

I know we live in a bubble in this thread and probably a lot of us in our personal lives, but man it is dispiriting to me to realize that ~50% of my fellow Americans still look at Trump after everything that’s happened and say, “yeah, that’s my guy”. 

IMG_6238.png

So the entire data of this poll is behind a paywall.  However, it gives itself away before that.  This poll was conducted by phone.  Who answers the phone anymore?  Yep, you guessed it, old people.  

• Hook 'Em 7

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So the entire data of this poll is behind a paywall.  However, it gives itself away before that.  This poll was conducted by phone.  Who answers the phone anymore?  Yep, you guessed it, old people.  

They’ll keep publishing for clicks. It’s what they want. How do you know these polls aren’t good? They have Biden +1 with young voters. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

You know who votes right? Old people. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

They gonna die before November 2024?

A lot of them yes.  On my immediate street, there have been 6 republican voters expire from age between last election and now.  

I'll also add this, my Dad lives in one of those 55 and up communities, its gigantic, they are losing about 10 month, and its accelerating.  

The point of these articles and "polls" are at best two fold, 1 to pander to their dying readership, 2 clickbait.

At worst, they are a tactic to dissuade young voters into thinking its hopeless.  Either way, they are bullshit.  

Edited by BamaATL

This is why trump hates the military commanders from his time in office. They told him ‘no’ on seizing voting machines, shooting protestors and executing people attempting to cross the border. He’ll get ‘yes’ the next time around come hell or high water. Tuberville is holding up all those promotions for a reason

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is why trump hates the military commanders from his time in office. They told him ‘no’ on seizing voting machines, shooting protestors and executing people attempting to cross the border. He’ll get ‘yes’ the next time around come hell or high water. Tuberville is holding up all those promotions for a reason

You know, on its face, this seems a tad outrageous. From the tweeter (occupy democrats) to the conspiracy itself, but having actually paid attention for the past 8 years, it seems more likely than not. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You know, on its face, this seems a tad outrageous. From the tweeter (occupy democrats) to the conspiracy itself, but having actually paid attention for the past 8 years, it seems more likely than not. 

he wanted the military to seize voting machines and then declare martial law 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/07/donald-trump-jack-smith-martial-law-voting-machines

the other two are well known as truths 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Yep. 

The MAGA-GQP goal is a fascist theocracy. 40-45% of Americans want this.

MAGA-GQP are not mere "extremists," they are not "hard right," they are not "ultra conservative." They are fascists and theocrats, who will trample asunder facts, evidence, logic, reason, science, medicine, freedoms, and human rights to impose a violent theocracy and terror state.

It should be obvious to anyone paying attention (since Reagan), but far too many Dems and almost all media are:

1) in willful denial because "it can't happen here" exceptionalism, precisely as is happening right before our eyes. 

2) brainwashed by religion into believing the Bible is The Truth and the foundation for the Constitution/Bill of Rights.

3) simply naive or just don't give a shit because they have other stuff to worry about, such as keeping job, paying bills, raising family, watching Sark blow 2nd half leads time and again...

I would add to number 3, people that just don’t like to confront bad things. I have a female friend that is not dumb, but doesn’t want to be burdened by the realities of the world (I mean, wouldn’t we all?), so she feigns like she’s too dumb to be bothered. I know damn well she’s smart enough to understand and care, but she just doesn’t. It’s easier and less painful to pretend like none of this affects her. 

Im almost to this pint myself. Maybe she had it right all along. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I would add to number 3, people that just don’t like to confront bad things. I have a female friend that is not dumb, but doesn’t want to be burdened by the realities of the world (I mean, wouldn’t we all?), so she feigns like she’s too dumb to be bothered. I know damn well she’s smart enough to understand and care, but she just doesn’t. It’s easier and less painful to pretend like none of this affects her. 

The other day I had an intelligent woman talk like I was saying above. "Oh I just don't like either of them". Frustrating to say the least.

I threw out a few of Trump's greatest hits, liable in his rape case, legally prohibited from running a charity, coup attempt, 91 felony counts, etc. And then asked why she dislikes Biden equally. The answer I got had something to do with ice cream. I then changed the subject. 

• Haha 1