A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Smax said:

I went to my first Wegmans in Short Pump, if there is a store out there can rival and even surpass HEB/CM its Wegmans, hell I think Wegmans is better just because they have in house sandwich shop and coal fired pizza.

Anyone heading to Richmond, zzq bbq is worth a visit

Not to thread jack, but I drive down from DC a couple of times a year to get a fix from zzq.  They are the real deal.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/28/2024 at 10:07 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Sir, you can mock big-league dreams all you want, but who wouldn't want to get married and then try to hit a dinger off the new bride?  

Taken from their website:

image.png.3bdea7cbe01f41b66f3197b5d7c2ed48.png

pretty sure that's where the A's are playing next year

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Red Five said:

What would total maga war against Taylor Swift even look like, aside from Taylor needing to bump up her security? She's a singer. Is Dotard going to talk shit about her most recent album at a rally or something?

well first trump will release his diss track. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Smax said:

I went to my first Wegmans in Short Pump, if there is a store out there can rival and even surpass HEB/CM its Wegmans, hell I think Wegmans is better just because they have in house sandwich shop and coal fired pizza.

Anyone heading to Richmond, zzq bbq is worth a visit

Plus the vegetable cruditè

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They’re picking a fight with a woman who isn’t the kind who takes any shit, and who outflanks her opponents (see her move of re-recording her song catalog). She isn’t going to walk away. She may also completely avoid engaging them directly, and just destroy everything they care about in a flanking maneuver. Gee, I wonder if she will?

I didn't have Taylor Swift literally setting fire to Mar-a-lago with all the Trump family inside and then disappearing like Kizer Soze on my bingo card. But now I do. 

• Like 4
  • Drool 1

10 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Phone lines??   Yes, Magats ….ya’ll just clog up all those Ticketmaster  phone lines!  That will show them who’s boss!

Dude... they play 3D Chess... they're taking their fight all the way to the top!

image.png.395b579e314e484904c4904b790ed90f.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Of all the parallel universes and alternate realities I could be living in,  how the fuck did I get stuck in this steaming dump of reality. 

I for one am all for the Swifties dragging MAGA.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Of all the parallel universes and alternate realities I could be living in,  how the fuck did I get stuck in this steaming dump of reality. 

I'll have some Thai food delivered to my front door using a cell phone app and maybe adjust the thermostat because it seems to be about 1 degree too warm in here. Maybe I'll grind some beans in my coffee maker for a fresh cup while I wait. Now, which of a hundred choices shall I choose on TV? 

Fucking steaming dump!

Of coures, I merely kid. I feel the same way you do despite all the wonders described above. I will have lived in the best and easiest time for common (straight white male) people. Looks like the end of the third act could be a little tricky with the rise of facism on a melting planet, but so far so good.

17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some reporter talked shit about Swift and said her concert or tour wasn’t as good as Beyoncé’s, and Swifties doxxed him, made death threats against him, accused him of being a pedophile and groomer.  They can be extremely vicious.

Teenage girls are like honey badgers when they get pissed off.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I for one am all for the Swifties dragging MAGA.

Looks like Tay Tay is forcing MAGA's hand a bit.  Forcing them to bring out the big guns early....

Ben Shapiro, a right-wing political commentator known for his incendiary takes, just made his rap debut with a spitfire song called “Facts.” It soared to the No. 1 spot on the iTunes Store, sitting above recent pop and hip-hop hits from the likes of Megan Thee Stallion, Justin Timberlake and Jack Harlow.

The song, a collaboration between Shapiro and Canadian rap artist Tom MacDonald, is packed with lyrics that take aim at critics, the culture wars, the rap genre in general, and calls out rap artists Nicki Minaj and Lizzo.

“Let’s look at the stats, I’ve got the facts/ My money like Lizzo, my pockets are fat,” Shapiro raps. Later, he adds, “Nicki, take some notes, I just did this for fun/ All my people download this, let’s get a Billboard number one.”

Being No. 1 appears to be a big deal for Shapiro, who founded the Daily Wire in 2015 and currently hosts his own political podcast and radio show. He recently changed his bio on X (formerly Twitter) to read: “WORLD’S #1 Rapper.” He titled one of his recent YouTube podcast videos, “I Am America’s #1 Rapper,” in which he played the entire “Facts” music video while praising the success of his song.

“FACTS is officially the top song IN THE WORLD on iTunes. Rap god status: unlocked!” Shapiro said in an X post on Tuesday.

“I just want to thank God, @IAMTOMMACDONALD, and my parents, who paid for 15 years of classical violin lessons so I could become the #1 rapper in America,” Shapiro wrote on X on Friday after the song’s release, sharing a picture of himself, MacDonald and the words “#1 in Hip-Hop” in massive gold lettering.

Ted Nugent, Cha-Chi, AND Ben Shapiro??? Hardly seems fair. 

That's cute because they think "urinating" is what we'll do before washing hands.  I'm eating a whole pan of Rice Krispie Treats and washing it down with tepid, heavy pulp orange juice that's expired.  Then we'll see what's what.

• Haha 4

timing wise, the whole MAGA war on Taylor Swift could work out really well for Biden.

Taylor restarts her international tour on Feb. 7 in Tokyo.  it wraps up on August 20 in London.

then the Eras Tour conveniently picks back up on October 18 with 3 shows in Miami, then 3 shows in New Orleans, and ends with 3 shows in Indianapolis from Nov. 1-3.  

election day is November 5.  so Taylor will be in the U.S. heading into election day and could be riling up the base and galvanizing Swifties to vote for Biden.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

That's cute because they think "urinating" is what we'll do before washing hands.  I'm eating a whole pan of Rice Krispie Treats and washing it down with tepid, heavy pulp orange juice that's expired.  Then we'll see what's what.

pffff...amateur.

image.thumb.png.79bef5a3cf45d0c82f3b56b21f02809a.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, dcbc said:

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

She’s got a two decade head start on them, which is more than she needs. Taylor’s got friends in every town and toyota center from here to the Indianapolis, she sings in a dozen genres, knows every local custom, she'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see her again. With any luck, she's got the presidency already.

The night crew was bringing the ruckus!

Thanks for the belly laughs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Looks like Tay Tay is forcing MAGA's hand a bit.  Forcing them to bring out the big guns early....

Ted Nugent, Cha-Chi, AND Ben Shapiro??? Hardly seems fair. 

I'd pay $9.95 to watch Ben Shapiro debate Taylor Swift on women's issues. My only rule would be that they have to stand, and no podiums or anything else allowed so Shapiro can't hide the fact that he's a good 3" shorter than Swift. 

• Hook 'Em 5

47 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

timing wise, the whole MAGA war on Taylor Swift could work out really well for Biden.

Taylor restarts her international tour on Feb. 7 in Tokyo.  it wraps up on August 20 in London.

then the Eras Tour conveniently picks back up on October 18 with 3 shows in Miami, then 3 shows in New Orleans, and ends with 3 shows in Indianapolis from Nov. 1-3.  

election day is November 5.  so Taylor will be in the U.S. heading into election day and could be riling up the base and galvanizing Swifties to vote for Biden.

A true shame she can't shuffle her tour to get in shows in Phoenix, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly, Raleigh-Durham. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

oddly specific

• Haha 3

I thought this would happen once he started getting more coverage.  The media (for some reason) hasn't been reporting on the insane things he says.  Now that they kind of have to, people are either remembering or realizing how insane he is:

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Could you imagine the calls of fraud if Texas went to Biden and Cruz’s opponent?

does abbott have the balls to throw out harris county votes and hopes the supreme court backs him ?

27 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

This shit pops up every POTUS election year and is always bullshit. 

Correct.

23 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Get out the vote and it can happen

low election turn out always favors the R’s 

Incorrect.  Turnout is what it is.  Imaginary voters who don't vote are just that -- imaginary.  A generic partisan election (Texas Supreme Court is a good example - maybe 1% of voters actually know the candidates issues, 99% are just voting based on party line) turns out at a 53-44 result or so.  Texas is Republican by 8-9%.  Maybe we're whittling that down a point or so, so maybe it's 7%-8%, but for a statewide race to go Dem, the Republican would have to be EXTRAORDINARILY bad (like, "raped a puppy on live TV a month before the election" bad), and the Dem would have to be INCREDIBLY GOOD (like, "saved a schoolbus full of kids on live TV a month before the election, after he just cured cancer, and oh yeah, it's a "he," not a "she")....and it would still be decided by a margin of a few thousand votes at most.

Stop with the wishcasting.  This state is going to vote Republican until it is completely gutted, and then the voters will blame.....Democrats....who haven't run anything here since the early 90s.

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think I believe the people who say they would vote for Trump tomorrow, but not if he is convicted in one of his various trials. 

I tend to agree with this but I saw a piece on the history of convicted pols whose support cratered after the actual conviction.  

I'm with you, though.

9 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I tend to agree with this but I saw a piece on the history of convicted pols whose support cratered after the actual conviction.  

I'm with you, though.

Pols who admit or are caught assaulting women used to be automatically disqualified, but that's not the world we live in anymore. John Edwards dropped out of the race when he was caught fucking around with consenting women. Trump won after admitting on tape to sexually assaulting women. This is a simulation, never forget.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.

Incorrect.  Turnout is what it is.  Imaginary voters who don't vote are just that -- imaginary.  A generic partisan election (Texas Supreme Court is a good example - maybe 1% of voters actually know the candidates issues, 99% are just voting based on party line) turns out at a 53-44 result or so.  Texas is Republican by 8-9%.  Maybe we're whittling that down a point or so, so maybe it's 7%-8%, but for a statewide race to go Dem, the Republican would have to be EXTRAORDINARILY bad (like, "raped a puppy on live TV a month before the election" bad), and the Dem would have to be INCREDIBLY GOOD (like, "saved a schoolbus full of kids on live TV a month before the election, after he just cured cancer, and oh yeah, it's a "he," not a "she")....and it would still be decided by a margin of a few thousand votes at most.

Stop with the wishcasting.  This state is going to vote Republican until it is completely gutted, and then the voters will blame.....Democrats....who haven't run anything here since the early 90s.

A better example is 2018 Senate

Maximize the shit out of turnout, even in a Dem-friendly year, and you still lose by 2.5 against a candidate people cannot fucking stand.

Texas is who it is. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 4