A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

31 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It would have worked in January if the GOP was in charge of the House.  In '24, they probably will be.  

No they won't.  They needed a much more favorable outcome from the '20 Census (that couldn't be offset by liberal states), and they needed to keep PA/WI/MI.

8 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

i dunno, seems to be working in some capacity. that's what a lot of people don't seem to recognize still: if trump says don't vote, his followers won't. if he told them to vote for a dem, they'd scratch their heads, but they would do it. I hope he stays on this particular message:

everyone said the election was fair, but what our new plan presupposes is, maybe it wasn’t?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Ummm.....guys.....you aren't looking at this the right way.   And that way is "what is the worst possible outcome?"  Because that's what we're going to get.

And that outcome is the GQP realizing that if they don't dance to the insane music of DJT, they will lose the support of their base.  So, they will dance.  And that dance looks a whole lot like "foment, support, and then bless/exonerate another violent coup to overthrow the government."

Another violent coup attempt is now MORE likely than it was before Jan 6th.  And if the GQP takes the House.....it's over.  They will bless the coup and its results, declare it the rightful outcome, and be done with it.  The end of the Republic is a lot closer than you think.

there will never be a successful coup from the right, only from the left. it didn’t work in jan because enough reasonable people followed the rules. it didn’t work because nobody actually stole the election. 

when the gop takes the house and monkeys with the 2024 process and actually steals the election, then you’ll see some shit. 

change my mind. 

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

there will never be a successful coup from the right, only from the left. it didn’t work in jan because enough reasonable people followed the rules. it didn’t work because nobody actually stole the election. 

when the gop takes the house and monkeys with the 2024 process and actually steals the election, then you’ll see some shit. 

change my mind. 

It’s going to be bad if this happens, but it very well may. 

I think it's gonna go down like the alley brawl in "Anchorman", Team Blue, Team Red, and then suddenly the Channel 2 news team shows up led by Gary Johnson voters. And then the PBS nerds arrive led by the Green Party candidate-whoever the fuck that is, and finally the Mexicans.  

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

change my mind. 

No disagreement.  Those are the two plays.  Option 1) control the wheels of power so they can simply declare themselves the winners, in perpetuity.  Option 2) if they don't control enough of the wheels of power, then still a) say they are the winners, and b) take the wheels of power violently so they can then make the same declaration from an "official" chair.

It's just good old-fashioned fascist-authoritarianism 101.  These plays aren't trick plays.  They are run-it-up-the-middle basics.

MAGA needs to heed the wisdom of Trump's suggestion of not voting.  He's a billionaire and he has never been wrong once in his life and he plays 5D chess and extracts lib tears the likes of which nobody has ever seen.  He has never been wrong.  Voting in '22 would be a betrayal to his entire existence.  Be smart about this, MAGA.  Post a picture of your torn up registration to receive 45% off on all Trump 2020 merchandise!   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Maybe there's some way to really Q-tard this shit up.  Start some disinformation about an obscure international accord that states any candidate that has a vote drop of 15% or more automatically receives the right to a full election audit.  Thus the only way to be sure dotard gets a fair shake in the rigged 2024 election is for him to get 15% less than he did in 2020.  Stay home to make sure dotard gets his chance.

• Like 2

Can we all just take a moment to recognize that a former president yesterday threatened his party, if they didn't help him overthrow the government? And everyone was like "lulz yeah that's dotard alright. So about the OSU game....".

Hey! Biggest home game of the year.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No disagreement.  Those are the two plays.  Option 1) control the wheels of power so they can simply declare themselves the winners, in perpetuity.  Option 2) if they don't control enough of the wheels of power, then still a) say they are the winners, and b) take the wheels of power violently so they can then make the same declaration from an "official" chair.

It's just good old-fashioned fascist-authoritarianism 101.  These plays aren't trick plays.  They are run-it-up-the-middle basics.

Pretty much this. They're going for the third reich play first and if that doesn't succeed, then the military/militia banana play is the go to. Folks that believe coups to only exist with tanks rolling down the avenue are thinking of news reports throughout history that knew that violence sells. Victor Orban centralized power in Hungary, set about destroying, controlling, or dismantling institutions, and it all came about through his plan of "illiberal democracy."

No wonder some of the pols here in the US love and admire him for it. When Hungary underwent a labor shortage due to Orban's halting of immigration and the outflow of skilled young people during his first go round as PM, he passed a labor law allowing companies to compel overtime to make up for it. (hence many protests)

14 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

change my mind. 

The GOP is practically capped at the number of voters they can generate while the Democrats have a lot of room to grow - 2018 and 2020 showed us that, and the GOP's actions to try and make it harder for various groups to vote shows that they know they are capped while the Democrats have room to grow.  The GOP has no confidence that it can attract future voters.  

The GOP was able to tap into the Q crowd - a shitload of those folks had not voted before, or voted sporadically (or voted for other parties/candidates), but Trump didn't live up to Qanon's expectations, none of the predictions came tru, and Q was pretty much exposed as a bunch of bullshit when the Watkins' bailed on it.

If you step back for a moment, the majority of Republicans in Congress are focused on one thing - the next election.  That involves money, and in some cases, lots and lots of money.  They trade their votes, etc. to corporate lobbyists and special-interest groups. At the end of the day, the GOP still needs corporate money, and to a lesser extent, votes from moderates, and various other special-interest groups (Jewish voters, etc.).

Ron DeSantis won his last election in 2018 by 33,000 votes.  More people than that have died of COVID in Florida.

The GOP is going down a road that, if they aren't careful, will deny them a shitload of corporate money and will drive various special-interest groups away.  Right now, Abbott is waging war against large corporations in Texas who best know how to run their businesses.

The GOP is playing prevent offense (or defense depending on your view) and trying to run the clock out on the crazies so they can go back to not waging wars against corporations and pulling in those sweet benefits and money.  They are trying to thread the needle, but it's hampered because some varmints like MTG, etc. made it into the hen house, and people like Huffines are chipping away at the establishment candidates and damaging them in the general elections.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If you follow the money, the corporations are still quietly funding a lot of these candidates and that doesn't include the overwhelming presence of dark money that I'm sure, sure is coming from not only stateside but overseas. They play both sides and donate to the Democratic candidate too, but they didn't put in a bunch of judges just to sit back and watch it fade away. The special interest groups the GOP has pulled together will suffice to get the job done even if they lose some because the GOP has pulled election officials in swing states where they have control to very partisan oversight. For every Brad Raffensperger, there will be five crazies willing to put their thumb on the scale and not bat an eye. Because they have come to believe the Democrats cheat or cheated and thus will rationalize the by any means necessary mantra to win. It's what they do.

giphy.gif

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The special interest groups the GOP has pulled together will suffice to get the job done even if they lose some because the GOP has pulled election officials in swing states where they have control to very partisan oversight. For every Brad Raffensperger, there will be five crazies willing to put their thumb on the scale and not bat an eye. Because they have come to believe the Democrats cheat or cheated and thus will rationalize the by any means necessary mantra to win. It's what they do.

They couldn't do it in 2018 and 2020, when the stakes were the highest and Trump was Their Guy willing to do anything to keep them cheering for him.

46 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

giphy.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn8SrnNaaddjY-BlE-VFg

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Maybe there's some way to really Q-tard this shit up.  Start some disinformation about an obscure international accord that states any candidate that has a vote drop of 15% or more automatically receives the right to a full election audit.  Thus the only way to be sure dotard gets a fair shake in the rigged 2024 election is for him to get 15% less than he did in 2020.  Stay home to make sure dotard gets his chance.

i'm thinking you just need to convince Q folks that there is a different, secret election on Wednesday, November 6, 2024.  that's the election that matters. the one on November 5 is just for show.  but on November 6, they will receive an email allowing them to vote for Donald J. Trump as the real and true President.  whoever wins on November 5 is just a puppet.  all of the real power is given to the winner of the November 6 election.

you could easily convince several million to fall for that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

This is actually very good phrasing by the former President. Very manipulative, something he excels at. He's recognizing to his audience what the media has said about him and per usual telling them to ignore it. Regardless of its veracity, he's saying it's fake, because he always says that about the negative media that isn't fawning (typical strongman), but he's framing it as a potential truth followed up by a second advocate, his wife--the one who would plausibly have reason to be hurt or harmed by the action. Besides the 'don't believe what you read or see' type inference, the way he says 'that one,' joined up with Melania who was earlier pushing the birther conspiracy, he's continuing the false reality, the plan of anything you read or see about me (upcoming trials, etc) that doesn't confirm your love for me, what you want to believe about me, you can ignore. You can continue to hate those we want you to hate and feel no guilt about it because they lie and cheat. See, I'm a family man, I have a beautiful adoring wife, don't you want to be like me?

Very dangerous rhetoric still coming from a man who has a stranglehold on people grasping to hold on to what power they have and an even stronger hold on the delusional and fearful supporters.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Very dangerous rhetoric still coming from a man who has a stranglehold on people grasping to hold on to what power they have and an even stronger hold on the delusional and fearful supporters.

At some point, we just have to say fuck him and fuck them and move on.

For me that is now. 

Sure it's dangerous, but we won't alleviate the danger by criticising Trump or his supporters.  We'll alleviate the danger by supporting those who support democracy and who are trying to do the right thing for the right reasons.

5 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

At some point, we just have to say fuck him and fuck them and move on.

For me that is now. 

Sure it's dangerous, but we won't alleviate the danger by criticising Trump or his supporters.  We'll alleviate the danger by supporting those who support democracy and who are trying to do the right thing for the right reasons.

I don't have the type of discussion above with people IRL. However, I do believe it important to study and learn from what is happening before our eyes. We are history. Always. So, as much as we compare persons such as Trump or Bush or Biden to X persona in history, each of those men are unique. What is happening now has similarities to the past, but there are new angles, new situations, new people who were not alive then and so on.

Watch Ted Cruz give a talk sometime, or this new gubernatorial candidate, Huffines. Pretend you are back in Speech 101 and listen to a section not just for the content and word choice but also the nonverbals. I was a pretty big proponent that Trump was headlong into dementia, but I sat down in the evenings   and spent  more time going through his material, his off the cuff talks, his rallies, and his formal speaking engagements.

It's a little harder with someone like Tucker Carlson, so I watch and try to learn. I do support those who support democracy and I'll be voting next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

It was my understanding that Trump stayed in the same hotel room as the Obamas had stayed when they went to Russia and he hired women (prostitutes) to strip and pee on the bed while Trump watched. In other words Trump wasn't on the bed receiving golden showers so he might have ben truthful about not being into them. 

Found this: The tape, the dossier alleges, reveals that Trump, while staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Moscow in 2013, hired prostitutes to perform a golden showers show on the hotel bed where former President Barack Obama had previously slept.

McCabe is redeemed. He even gets his gold cuff links:

Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe will receive his missed pension payments worth about $200,000 and other benefits after he settled a lawsuit with the Department of Justice.

The settlement, released Thursday, reversed McCabe's March 2018 firing and allowed him to officially retire and receive benefits. The government will also pay for $500,000 of McCabe's legal fees, The New York Times first reported.

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired McCabe just a day before he was scheduled to retire with full benefits. The firing came amid allegations that McCabe lied about leaking information about Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server while secretary of State, though prosecutors did not charge McCabe with making false statements to law enforcement, the Times noted.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

seriously, I'm quite confident it's made from the finest materials.  It's the best suits, he has the best suits.  He knows all the best people in suiting.  Fine, fine, tremendous materials.  

But who the fuck tailors his pants?  I know he's a big guy but the cut of his pants is so beyond fucked up.  His jackets are always okay, not good, but not bad.  But his pants...after 60 years of pretending to be a well-dressed rich-guy in Manhattan, you think he'd accidentally find a decent tailor in New York.  Like the three that he used over the years would have died and one of their kids would have taken over the business and discretely made his pants look appropriate just by attrition.  

His pants look like the "Brazilian Steakhouse Uniform" page of Dickie's Hospitality catalog 1997.  

6 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Just saw Biden quoted - there are 66 million unvaccinated Americans. That figure is infuriating because is corresponds closely with Trump voters.

well...(66 million Trump voters)-(all fox news employees)

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

What the actual fuck

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

I think even Liberace would think this is too much.

Saddam Hussein.

This is one of this palaces:

army-third-infantry-division-sgt-roscoe-

And an entire article comparing Saddam and Trump.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/photos/2016/03/donald-trump-mansions-saddam-hussein-palaces

• Hook 'Em 1

• Bozo_Casanova changed the title to Poll: President Trump's Major Announcement