Official Coach Sark Thread of Dominance—haters back off

SimkinsMan

2 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Serious question, who would you trade Sarkisian for in college football right now? Saban is 23 years older. Maybe Kirby Smart? I'm not sure I can think of anyone else. 

No one. We have the best offensive mind in the game, top 5 recruiter and top notch staff. Only knock on him is some of his game day decisions.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Serious question, who would you trade Sarkisian for in college football right now? Saban is 23 years older. Maybe Kirby Smart? I'm not sure I can think of anyone else. 

Only coach I would remotely consider over him is Saban himself. And I would be hesitant, considering Saban’s age.

Edited by USNALonghorn

He’s learned under two of the best.  He’s also been hired by the best.  Dude can recruit as well as anyone in the country.  Elite skill players want to play for him.  He has an NFL level staff and fantastic evaluators.  Sark is going to win this whole damn thing and we’re going to be a problem in college football for a while.  

• Hook 'Em 6

On 12/2/2023 at 6:37 PM, SimkinsMan said:

Nobody.  He's going to bring us a National Championship.  Maybe this year or maybe not.  Eventually, most likely very soon, it will happen, and maybe multiple titles. Saban will retire soon and that will leave maybe 2 or 3 head coaches that can compete with Sark and his staff.  The odds for us to win it all will only get better.

Edited by Azbadlands
  • Hook 'Em 5

On 12/13/2023 at 6:04 AM, LTtxfan said:

Damn Sark got this team to believe... 🤘

Badass video shots in here...  

Texas Football Big 12 Championship Mini-Movie [Dec. 12, 2023] 

I still can't believe we ran the table after OU. Just an amazing run. I was convinced we were not going to make the championship.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 12/13/2023 at 3:25 AM, Rockwell Torrey said:

Hard to believe the Big 12 Coach of the Year was not a semi-finalist. Fuck this conference.

Not really.

Texas was favored in every Big XII game this year. We lost outright in one on a neutral field, went to OT at home and won by 3, and then won some one score games that we were favored to win by 3 scores.

We only played 1 conference game out of state. Compared to what the West Virginia coach did vs expectations, Sark barely matched expectations while others crushed expectations.

The national award takes into account winning at Alabama by double digits, which had never been done against Saban in Tuscaloosa (while he was the Bama coach).

Sark’s national accolades are mostly due to beating Bama convincingly. That was when he really appeared to rise above expectations. And only then.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Not really.

Texas was favored in every Big XII game this year. We lost outright in one on a neutral field, went to OT at home and won by 3, and then won some one score games that we were favored to win by 3 scores.

We only played 1 conference game out of state. Compared to what the West Virginia coach did vs expectations, Sark barely matched expectations while others crushed expectations.

The national award takes into account winning at Alabama by double digits, which had never been done against Saban in Tuscaloosa (while he was the Bama coach).

Sark’s national accolades are mostly due to beating Bama convincingly. That was when he really appeared to rise above expectations. And only then.

Harsh but fair. That said, seasons like 05 where you pretty much crush everyone and impose your will are exceedingly rare. Every team in the CFP had some close games against inferior competition. Except Michigan I guess. 

On 12/2/2023 at 7:57 PM, victory88 said:

He’s learned under two of the best.  He’s also been hired by the best.  Dude can recruit as well as anyone in the country.  Elite skill players want to play for him.  He has an NFL level staff and fantastic evaluators.  Sark is going to win this whole damn thing and we’re going to be a problem in college football for a while.  

You could have left a few things out so that I could add something, motherfucker. 

I'm reduced to "ditto."

I've started out optimistic with each new coach hire. It's sort of like most times a president you didn't vote for gets elected; you are hoping he does well for the country.

Finally, someone justifies my blind optimism. I hope the pessimists can abandon their stances and get aboard rather than wanting to be right more than wanting to have fun. I was wrong two times. I don't care.

I still have trouble getting my head around the situation. We are in the playoff ranked #3 with a real shot of winning it all. Damn!

Again, ditto to @victory88 on everything else related to football.

Are we back? I don't know. All I do know is,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa7mtxNfRIjK4aKWUcXds  

Hook 'Em!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This thread is a game thread writ large. “Oh, we fucking suck, everything sucks, the coaches suck, fire everyone, sell the gear, burn down the stadium, oh, fuck, it turned out ok.”

Texas, and Sarkisian, shoved it up the Big 12’s ass sideways. @Hermanator and @Dbeasy hardest hit. I noticed they stopped chipping in on this one quite a while back. 

5 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

This thread is a game thread writ large. “Oh, we fucking suck, everything sucks, the coaches suck, fire everyone, sell the gear, burn down the stadium, oh, fuck, it turned out ok.”

Texas, and Sarkisian, shoved it up the Big 12’s ass sideways. @Hermanator and @Dbeasy hardest hit. I noticed they stopped chipping in on this one quite a while back. 

All I can say is that as of December 18, 2023 it does appear that Sark is indeed stunting on these hoes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1