Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Whenever I see posts like this…IMG_0887.thumb.jpeg.241fad7ac3716cbe490e1a0b1db3c3c0.jpeg

I think this…

But a little of me channels a bit of Yiddish + German Bier Hall burlesque and these scenes pop into my head as well…

IMG_0883.jpeg.2d58e4ab546007ab8df1d27c0960e2c7.jpeg

IMG_0884.jpeg.d161d6c1896c90d398c505530b744015.jpeg

IMG_0885.jpeg.7de514d3f64a062fb0b3b5c90c2919e7.jpeg

They’re always

Coming and going

And going and coming

And always too soon.

That's meshugana.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry mentioned Bama are Auburn are going after Terrance Hibler.  If he takes an official visit to Bama, the writing may be on the wall.  Also mentioned Hibler has already visited Texas twice and that if he doesn't visit Bama, probably good news for Texas.  But what a fucking great evaluation by this staff.  Seeing other big programs go after our early offers is a great indicator Sark and recruiting staff know how to evaluate.  Flood flying to see Carter is interesting.  I don't think we do that if there isn't a legit chance of a flip.  Looks like Filsame is likely to flip as they have plans to take an official visit soon.  I think we end it with Filsame, Carter, Black, and 1 of Hibler, Lindsey, or McKinnley.  I'd go with Hibler of the bunch.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

I get the feeling that McKinley would have to show up on campus and ask the coaches to recruit him before they would ever consider it.

Apparently there hasn't been any communication with McKinley in 2-3 weeks. Seems like both sides have moved on.

Bobby had an interesting closing statement about be sure to tune in if anything breaking happens today and we'll hop on for a live stream about it. I'm not sure what that meant though.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Apparently there hasn't been any communication with McKinley in 2-3 weeks. Seems like both sides have moved on.

Bobby had an interesting closing statement about be sure to tune in if anything breaking happens today and we'll hop on for a live stream about it. I'm not sure what that meant though.

Yeah, I heard that as well, but he said it in such a way that it would be good news. 

Just now, HtownHorn said:

Yeah, I heard that as well, but he said it in such a way that it would be good news. 

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well...very curious indeed. Maybe a Quinn announcement because he referenced a few times he expects to hear one way or another very soon about Quinn's decision. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Your parenthetical notation isn’t necessarily helping you here

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Transferportalitis in his right knee. 

1 hour ago, FloridaHorn said:

I think you are mistaking her for Camille Toe that worked at the Yellow Rose.

giphy.gif

Well done gentlemen. 

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm seeing early to late 2nd round grades for Mitchell. 

How much is that in NFL terms? Surely enough for him to bounce but I figured he would have more draft value than that. 

1) It’s a lot.

2) If he could run a 4.45 40, he’d be a 1st round pick. Rumor has it that he can’t.

Mitchell will be a very comfortable man by the end of April, but his best chance to be a wealthy man will come with a second NFL contract.

• Hook 'Em 4

37 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1) It’s a lot.

2) If he could run a 4.45 40, he’d be a 1st round pick. Rumor has it that he can’t.

Mitchell will be a very comfortable man by the end of April, but his best chance to be a wealthy man will come with a second NFL contract.

He’s demonstrated big catches for the best college teams against elite DBs.  If Texas wins it all probably be only player in history to have 3 NCAA championship rings let alone at 2 different schools.  What I like is he snatches the ball out of the air with his hands.  Has sneaky speed.

Nothing really left to do in college.  I’ve enjoyed watching him this year and best of luck young man.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I'm seeing early to late 2nd round grades for Mitchell. 

How much is that in NFL terms? Surely enough for him to bounce but I figured he would have more draft value than that. 

6-12 million total contract value for the second round this year. Go get it AD. 

• Hook 'Em 3