Lauren Boobert - Tits and a Gun

MoJames

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Doesn’t matter, had se…..well, a dry handy during a rousing musical number.” 

image.thumb.jpeg.774cddf92cf9d3ab3074d20c8b54839e.jpeg

There’s an FBI question to Boebert in here somewhere, “have you ever lent a hand to or been a terrorist?  Or sorry, been with Ben Terris?”  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/10/2024 at 12:19 PM, AnTiM said:

Do those depressions on the sides of her chin look like something due to testicle friction?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Chin implant?

I think probably

On 3/4/2024 at 7:42 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Seems like she took a WaPo reporter the theatre.

image.thumb.png.84f53cc8d6beb712ecc3016dffc53959.png

Wow. The fucking Post. We shall act like everything is as it should be and write about her as a serious Congresswoman. It's the template.

MAGA Mean Girl? She's a fucking idiot. She supported an insurrection. She's getting laughed out of the house by voters. 

Looks like a college boy reporter/columnist. He learned the laziness well.

• Like 3

I wonder if she tries to run for the open CO-04 seat when Buck retires. She’d have to resign to run for it though. If she doesn’t, whoever wins the special has a leg up on her in the primary 

Edited by Js1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I wonder if she tries to run for the open CO-04 seat when Buck retires. She’d have to resign to run for it though. If she doesn’t, whoever wins the special has a leg up on her in the primary 

She's already running for Buck's seat.  She switched districts shortly after he announced he was retiring a few months ago.  this just accelerates the timeline for him to be replaced.

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

She's already running for Buck's seat.  She switched districts shortly after he announced he was retiring a few months ago.  this just accelerates the timeline for him to be replaced.

I meant in the special. Will she resign to run in the special? If not, whoever wins that has the leg up on her for the race in November 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I meant in the special. Will she resign to run in the special? If not, whoever wins that has the leg up on her for the race in November 

Yeah, I think she runs in the special, but would she have to resign?  It's her only hope of staying in Congress

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s retiring now and not at the end of the term?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republican-rep-ken-buck-leaving-congress-eroding-gop-majority-rcna143046

Yup. He'd rather just nope the fuck out of our dysfunctional congress than spend anymore time around those clowns. Either that or someone's dropping a story about a dozen preteen boys kept in his basement. Probably the latter. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/29/2024 at 6:20 PM, Welshy said:

I don't mean to be argumentative, but I just don't see Jesus getting stuck in a dryer. 

are you saying jesus couldn't make a dryer that he couldn't get stuck in?

"MAGA Mean Girl" to describe Bobert? How f*cking cute! And stupid. With a glam shot as if she is a model.

This is exactly how the Washington Post and New York Times work to normalize and mainstream fascism, theocracy, and overall idiocy in the political system. I seriously doubt the article accurately describes Bobert's beliefs and ideology as fascist/theocracy, which they are by any dictionary not tossed out of a Texas high school library.

We can accurately attack Fox News as a MAGA-GQP propaganda network. But the "liberal" Post and Times have played a massive role in the unwillingness of the mainstream media to use terms like fascism and theocracy to describe MAGA-GQP. Same with that lame Texas Tribune. 

Always #bothsides ... which equals #nosides ... in a choice between fascism and democracy.

Those papers are one reason we are in such a f*cked situation. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

52 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

"MAGA Mean Girl" to describe Bobert? How f*cking cute! And stupid. With a glam shot as if she is a model.

This is exactly how the Washington Post and New York Times work to normalize and mainstream fascism, theocracy, and overall idiocy in the political system. I seriously doubt the article accurately describes Bobert's beliefs and ideology as fascist/theocracy, which they are by any dictionary not tossed out of a Texas high school library.

We can accurately attack Fox News as a MAGA-GQP propaganda network. But the "liberal" Post and Times have played a massive role in the unwillingness of the mainstream media to use terms like fascism and theocracy to describe MAGA-GQP. Same with that lame Texas Tribune. 

Always #bothsides ... which equals #nosides ... in a choice between fascism and democracy.

Those papers are one reason we are in such a f*cked situation. 

Just read the piece (archived, no paywall link), and it's not exactly a flattering portrait, nor is it "both sides." The general gist of the whole thing is that she's a flaky, impulsive cunt from a fucked up background. The Mean Girl monicker reflects the fact that she hasn't grown out of bullshit high school drama, especially when juxtaposed with one of her primary competitors for that seat -- a crusty old farmer who lives out on the prairie and was also interviewed.

It reads as if it were written for DC-insider people who are already in the know, and the writer wanted to be catty about Boebert. I'm honestly not sure if its intended audience was Jane Q. Public so much as it was for the teevee personalities covering politics, which is certainly a big problem in journalism. They write more for themselves than for us.

Here's the brief section that actually covers her political views and how they're dangerous if the whole thing is TL;DR.

In politics as in the back of a classroom, Mean Girl energy can seem fun when you’re not the one in the crosshairs. Part of what Boebert’s die-hard supporters love about her is her penchant for cracking on others (and herself), and for bringing them in on the joke.

“She’s fun,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla) a close ally of Boebert’s. In early 2023, Gaetz, Boebert and a clique of Republican troublemakers ganged up on then-Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) for a humiliating game of keep away with the House Speaker’s gavel. “Some folks out on the trail, even when they run for president, don’t quite have half the sparkle Lauren does,” Gaetz said.

Boebert’s “sparkle” is, of course, beside the point to anyone worried about the MAGA threat to reproductive and LGBTQ rights, democratic institutions, climate policy or the nature of truth itself. If Trump wins back the White House, his and his allies’ ambitions reportedly include radically reshaping the federal workforce in his image, sending the Justice Department after his enemies, using the Insurrection Act to crack down on political protests and initiating militarized mass deportations.

It also goes on to make a pointed reminder that she's not just some ill-informed outsider; she's at the core of the party now.

Running against fellow conservatives in her new district, rather than against a Democrat in her old one, means that Boebert — one of Trump’s most loyal supporters — will not have to answer to voters who are worried about that stuff. Republicans here are broadly onboard with Trump’s plans for America. (They are, in a word, lenient.) On Saturday, Trump offered what could be a Deus ex MAGA, throwing his “Complete and Total” support behind Boebert on the social media platform Truth Social. “If someone gets Trump’s endorsement,” Holtorf had said in an interview before the endorsement, “this race is probably over.”

As strange is it may sound, Boebert is occupying the role of Washington insider. She was, according to Gaetz, the first person to suggest that Rep. Mike Johnson (R-La.) would make a good Speaker of the House. Earlier this month, Speaker Johnson returned the favor by endorsing her and showing up to one of her Washington fundraisers. Boebert’s move from fringe candidate to a member of the Republican establishment doesn’t mean that she’s changed — it means the establishment has.

Trump is the GOP standard-bearer, MAGA is mainstream, and the main dividing line in the party is between conservatives who support and defend Trump happily and those who do so unhappily.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending WaPo, but I see why the author homed in on the Mean Girl branding to carry a centralizing theme throughout the profile. It probably just made it more fun to write. 

• Hook 'Em 2

NYT and WaPo are not (and never have been) "liberal".  Don't promulgate a stupid far-right-wing talking point.  They were always right of center, and only now that the political center has shifted well towards the old right are they "centrist".

• Hook 'Em 2

Whatever you think of Ken Buck, including his adult film back catalog, this is a pretty big “fuck you” to Boebert and the GOP.  If she resigns to try and get the nomination or whatever, she’s immediately out of the game.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Ken Buck has a huge unethical underbelly but he’s a shrewd dude who can at least say he threw a legitimate conservative torch onto Boobert’s pyre. 

Edited by MrX
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, bolverk said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm not defending WaPo, but I see why the author homed in on the Mean Girl branding to carry a centralizing theme throughout the profile. It probably just made it more fun to write. 

Thanks for posting some of the article. (The original link would not open for me). 

Instead of MAGA Mean Girl ... why not Fascist Fan Girl? That should be fun to write. 

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

NYT and WaPo are not (and never have been) "liberal".  Don't promulgate a stupid far-right-wing talking point.

Did you not see the quote marks I put around "liberal" in my post? Of course, the Post and Times are not really liberal, but they remain damn near sacred texts for the mainstream liberals. Have been for decades.

So please don't say I am "promulgating a stupid far right talking point." I left Texas 30 years ago and am not some conservative living in the burbs and lamenting "what went wrong since W" was elected.

Atheist. Never a Republican. And since Reagan and Falwell joined hands in holy matrimony, I have been saying the ultimate GOP-Evangelical goal is a theocracy since my time on the 40 ... back when the Cactus Cafe was cool and the Continental Club was still a legit dive bar. 

Boobert is not pursuing the nomination for the special election for Buck's seat.  Which is really confusing, because it means she's relying on voters to a) vote for the GOP nominee in the special that is not her but b) also vote for her, and not the special election nominee, for the race in November.  (Polis scheduled the special election for the same date as the Congressional primaries on June 25)

Somehow this feels like it's going to backfire for her. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Yeah, I think Buck might have driven the final nail in her political coffin.  I hope so, anyway.

CO-04 Dems need to coalescence around a nominee for November so they can vote in the GOP primary against her 

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CO-04 Dems need to coalescence around a nominee for November so they can vote in the GOP primary against her 

They should just vote against her anyway.  A Dem is not winning that seat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is there or will there be a candidate less reprehensible than she to vote for in the primary?

Man they all suck but Queen GED needs to just go. She’s a national embarrassment. I’m quite sure the next criminal won’t be giving handjobs to dudes in public and hanging with their fraud ass gal pal George Santos 

On 3/12/2024 at 8:12 PM, bolverk said:

The general gist of the whole thing is that she's a flaky, impulsive cunt from a fucked up background. 

FOX News on Line 3...

Craig James on Line 1...

Edited by RPM