The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

32 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I keep asking that question. What was their ultimate goal here? Delaying the vote does nothing. 

The televised execution of all Democratic members of Congress and those Republicans they considered to be traitors. They weren't secret about this.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I am beginning to think Hawley fucked himself.   He was going to get away with it until the attacks on the Capitol. With mega donors turning against him, and Republicans in Missouri trashing the shit out of him, I think his career has peaked.  

He fucked around. Now he's finding out.

28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Again.....imagine they were muslims, with the exact same facts.  What would our national reaction be?

Invade Norway?  You have to be specific to which country the Muslims were from so we can invade a country two states away that has resources we want. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, but at least the MAGA morons aren't going to hunt him down and his family for the next few years.  

There are more than a few Senators and Reps on the right side of the aisle that are going to have to spend the next few years looking over their shoulder.  These lunatics aren't going away because they have nothing to lose and their messiah hasn't commanded them to stand down.  

13 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
28 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:
They had a fantasy where they were going to nab members of Congress (definitely including Pelosi), put them on "trial by the people," "convict" them of crimes against America, and execute them.
Again, I'm not making any of this up.  They wrote it down.  Repeatedly.  Then obtained materials to further their plan.  Then took physical action to execute it, violating numerous federal laws in the process.  This was a conspiracy putsch aiming to decapitate one of the three branches of our government.  Again, they WROTE IT DOWN.

They published notes on fucking criminal conspiracy??!!

can't believe it idris elba GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don’t think that’s what it was. It was the DC US attorney saying people who incited the riot may be punished.

Yeah, I  have kind of thought that maybe it has something to do with the fact that he could be prosecuted for sedition, particularly when you take into account efforts to manipulate law enforcement.  And limitations may not be about to run as it is on a lot of stuff.

Apparently Cipollone was running around telling people not to be complicit, so there's some thought of exposure there.  And it appears that Pence may not play ball with the resignation/pardon scenario.

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

They were there to kill not to delay.  Restraints, loaded weapons, chemical weapons, pipe bombs, body armor.  They were not there to steal gavels and take selfies.  The ElizabethfromKnoxville types were there to witness it and thought nothing would happen to them.  The proud boys were there to fight and kill.  

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The televised execution of all Democratic members of Congress and those Republicans they considered to be traitors. They weren't secret about this.

All of these.  They fucking published, and continued to shout, loud and proud, exactly what their plans were.

Again, imagine if all of these statements were made by dudes named Abdul, and they ended their statements with "Allahu Akbar!" -- we'd have DC crawling with heavily armed security, with a mission to not fuck around.  And when those muslims rushed the capitol building, armed with materials to do exactly what they said they were going to do, we'd have shot them dead by the dozens.

This is no less serious an attack on our country.  But we let them walk in, then walk out.  We have a REALLY big problem to sort out.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, but at least the MAGA morons aren't going to hunt him down and his family for the next few years.  

There are more than a few Senators and Reps on the right side of the aisle that are going to have to spend the next few years looking over their shoulder.  These lunatics aren't going away because they have nothing to lose and their messiah hasn't commanded them to stand down.  

Trump has created an American Al Qaeda terrorist movement.  And we are going to allow him to continue to lead it, fire it up, and incite terrorism.  It's insanity.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, I  have kind of thought that maybe it has something to do with the fact that he could be prosecuted for sedition, particularly when you take into account efforts to manipulate law enforcement.  And limitations may not be about to run as it is on a lot of stuff.

Apparently Cipollone was running around telling people not to be complicit, so there's some thought of exposure there.  And it appears that Pence may not play ball with the resignation/pardon scenario.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that someone communicated to him that if he didn't start behaving SCOTUS would never find a self-pardon valid and he'd be hanged for treason.

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think there was an "open" intention that you mention above that was intended as a "look at the crazies" type of thing.  Then there were those in the crowd that had organized,  kept quiet, made secret plans (a la Michigan group), and intended to do actual trials and executions.  Those that were serious traitors were probably not broadcasting their intent and used the march as a diversion.

9 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Yes it was a coup attempt but like every Trump venture it failed because morons were in charge

Ok, but let's pause for a second and note that coups are actually hard.  We remember the ones that succeed.  But for every one that succeeds, there are dozens of failed attempts that we have forgotten.  I mean, we remember the Beer Hall Putsch, which the Weimar Republic (never a stable government on its best day) survived.  But who remembers the Algiers putsch of 1961 to overthrow de Gaulle and prevent French withdrawal from Algeria?  Or the Borghese Plot by the Italian Navy to overthrow the Italian government and install a Fascist dictatorship in 1970?

Coups are hard.  They don't usually work.

What was the plan here?  Even if it had really worked--even if they had captured Congress, killed every Democrat, and had the rump elect Donald Trump dictator for life--what then?  Half the states would secede, including the two that surround the District of Columbia.  I mean, yeah--America would be destroyed and Putin would be gleeful.  But this putsch was never going to ease in a Trump dynasty to rule over a unified country.

No, it does not.  You are not allowed to share peer-to-peer music downloads with the intent of having the other party perpetually storing that music download in their own phone without proper payment.  However, you are allowed to use the platform to coordinate the execution of high ranking government officials because "Muh Freedom" (which is also a downloadable track that costs $1.29).  

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Governor appoints replacements so it would be Abbott. Special election would then be held to elect replacement to finish the term.

https://ballotpedia.org/Filling_vacancies_in_the_U.S._Senate

Abbot would most likely appoint himself and roll right into Cruz' senate seat.  You would not be able to object based on lack of standing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Lin Wood needs to be arrested for inciting violence (I mean....it's not exactly ambiguous, he's calling for the murder of the Vice President) and disbarred by his home bar association.  And if he attempts to appear/be admitted in any other state Pro Hac Vice, this statement (and dozens of others) must preclude him from admission to practice.  He should never practice law again.

I mean, he should also be in prison.  That too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's fascinating.  While M Crowd is doing well in the restaurant biz, I'm surprised they have $10M lying  around to throw at politics.  Same with a lot of others on that list.

I think that list was of companies that received at least 10M in PPP loans.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
25 minutes ago, The Dog said:
Governor appoints replacements so it would be Abbott. 

What's great about the Texas GOP is the would find some dorky fucking ghoul that's equally as shitty to replace Cruz. Hopefully that replacement wouldn't eat my son at least.

I could almost see Abbott appointing himself.  

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

A brief synopsis of these events and those to come today.

Two days ago
--------------
*incites mob to attempt overthrow of government*
OH MY GOD!

Yesterday
----------
THAT IS DANGEROUS!  DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN OR YOU WILL FACE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES
Ok, I won't ever do that again.
GOOD!

Today
------
*incites mob to attempt overthrow of government*
WTF?!  I THOUGHT WE TALKED ABOUT THIS?  NO COUPS EVER!
It was Antifa

What's that definition of insanity again?  These mother fucking republicans are making Neville Chamberlain look like William Wallace.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think they have him dead to rights bribing Capitol police or otherwise using his authority to let the mob through in hopes of overthrowing the count. There’s no way they just talked him into backing off because it was the right thing to do or for the good of the party.

Edited by 'stache

57 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I keep asking that question. What was their ultimate goal here? Delaying the vote does nothing. 

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I could almost see Abbott appointing himself.  

Abbott would appoint whoever is most likely to primary him in 2022 (and he will be, the far far right in Texas is still mad about COVID restrictions) or George P. Bush to cut off his gubernatorial ambitions.  Throw Bush in the Senate and just fast track his eventual POTUS run in 2032. 

Edited by Js1

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok, but let's pause for a second and note that coups are actually hard.  We remember the ones that succeed.  But for every one that succeeds, there are dozens of failed attempts that we have forgotten.  I mean, we remember the Beer Hall Putsch, which the Weimar Republic (never a stable government on its best day) survived.  But who remembers the Algiers putsch of 1961 to overthrow de Gaulle and prevent French withdrawal from Algeria?  Or the Borghese Plot by the Italian Navy to overthrow the Italian government and install a Fascist dictatorship in 1970?

What was the plan here?  Even if it had really worked--even if they had captured Congress, killed every Democrat, and had the rump elect Donald Trump dictator for life--what then?  Half the states would secede, including the two that surround the District of Columbia.  I mean, yeah--America would be destroyed and Putin would be gleeful.  But this putsch was never going to ease in a Trump dynasty to rule over a unified country.

I doubt they were thinking that far ahead. Even an independent Florida, Texas, or Mississippi isn't going to install Trump as their dictator in the aftermath. They'd install some other assholes instead. Most Trump voters aren't storming the capital. They voted for Trump to stick it to "libs" while having some understanding that current Presidential power is limited, probably don't want Trump to have dictator powers, and prefer whatever shitheel governor they have to Trump. 

I could be wrong on Florida though. They probably have a majority that wants Trump as dictator. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I think they have him dead to rights bribing Capitol police or otherwise using his authority to let the mob through in hopes of overthrowing the count. There’s no way they just talked him into backing off because it was the right thing to do.

The way I see it, it might be hard to make seditious conspiracy stick on the speech alone.  We all "know, know" what he intended, but that might not beat reasonable doubt.

At minimum, the evidence of executive manipulation of the DC Guard and Capitol Police is solid evidence of the intention and participation in the conspiracy.  If not some independent crime.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I am reminded of the Algerian coup every time I see/hear that gotdam allstate commercial.

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The way I see it, it might be hard to make seditious conspiracy stick on the speech alone.  We all "know, know" what he intended, but that might not beat reasonable doubt.

At minimum, the evidence of executive manipulation of the DC Guard and Capitol Police is solid evidence of the intention and participation in the conspiracy.  If not some independent crime.

This.  Manipulating armed government forces to facilitate a decapitation attempt on an entire branch of government is not some small thing.

Fundamentally, it's this:

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's my point. He always worms his way out of it with "well I didn't actually say to do that" etc., etc. But if he's on tape somewhere bribing police or straight up directing them to back down to let the attack move forward, there's no wiggling out, and military leaders will have no problem throwing the book at him. I don't think he would concede like that unless some real shit is being threatened. If he could weasel out of it as always he'd still be saying he loves them and they're special.

Edited by 'stache

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

That's my point. He always worms his way out of it with "well I didn't actually say to do that" etc., etc. But if he's on tape somewhere bribing police or straight up directing them to back down to let the attack move forward, there's no wiggling out, and military leaders will have no problem throwing the book at him.

I actually think he could wiggle out of the speech.  And wiggle out of the manipulation of DC LEA, independently of one another (It's within my power!  I'm in control). 

But when you combine them together, you get seditious conspiracy, and that combination is one idiot chess move ahead of Dotard.

15 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's a better analysis than most.

Because most analysis around here I think was "Trumpkin=traitor/treason=summary death penalty."

I'm no fan of Trump or Trumpkins, so those accusations are fucking absurd.

I agree that their actions were traitorous.

My first impression was that she was shot mostly at random, most especially when I thought it was the dude with the M4.  I still have a nagging feeling that one of the armed types, with flexcuffs and shit was probably a better candidate for the summary death penalty.

I agree that more force should have been used with them, short of deadly force.  Gas, riot batons, asps, bring it on.

I'm never going to be satisfied with the "kill all Trumpkins, let God sort em out" sentiment that permeates this thread.

Sorry if that offends someone.

I am wondering if you are more sympathetic to her because she was a woman?  For some not so mysterious reason, the CP was understaffed and not prepared for a confrontation.  Thus they didn't appear to have an organized defense, shields, gas, at their disposal.  Some of them did have M4's and they opted not to use them, or defend the Capitol, the officials, and the materials.  

By their failure to prepare, and failure to act, they emboldened the terrorist mob.  They reached the SS whose job is not to arrest, but to shoot fuckers dead and catch bullets with their bodies and uphold their oaths.  That is when it stopped.  One well-placed bullet stopped them cold.  

(rant on)Our police have demonstrated they are weak in the face of a crisis, unwilling to do what is needed, unwilling to risk themselves, and only willing to beat and attack unarmed peaceful people, women, old men, kids.   They are a complete and utter failure at the one thing they all claim to do, protect and serve.  (/rant off)

(Back on topic).  Everyone on here wishes this did not happen.  We all wish the police were prepared for it and stopped them outside the Capitol.  We all wish they were organized and had leadership.  We all wish we had politicians who do not employ invective speech and inscite an overthrow.  But this is what we have, because of republicans.  This is entirely on them.  This is on every idiot who voted and supported these people and continues to do so.  This is on every politician, and business who allowed public hate speech, propaganda to exist on social media platforms and on AM radio, and Television.*  If you voted for Cruz, Cornyn, or any other republican this is on you.  The terroristic mob had no less than 6 republican office holders.   The terrorists fantasized about a right-wing Night of the Long Knives and thankfully failed because they are actually too stupid to pull it off.   

If they succeeded and killed Shumer, Pelosi, Mitt, and others, how would you have felt about the use of deadly force?  

*It is not like this an unforseen tactic.  This was employed by the Pilgrams in England to overthrow a king and to murder Irish Catholics on the basis of news they made up.  This was used in modern times by Myanmar government who made up stories about mass murder to enrage people and they then participated in genocide.  Hell, there is even a bond movie where the villain manipulates people with his NEWS network.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I plan to shame them every chance I get. Call them out as the traitors they are. 

This.

Call out any motherducking trumpkins you know for the traitorous cunts they are. I've already made several calls over the past few days: Do you still support this mad man? 

If yes, they get a solid fuck you.

If no , I welcome them back to reality.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1