Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

On 12/29/2023 at 11:53 AM, Brisketexan said:

I 100% guarantee that MANY of the Republicans you and I knew, who were capable of putting on a civilized face and behaving in a socially acceptable manner, were - underneath that - total fucking nazi racist pieces of shit.

Republicans like you guys aren't the only ones who were fooled

I've been anti-GOP since Reagan was in office. I probably voted for a few prior to that, but I was a Texas Democrat which was an interesting animal in the day. Anyway, as much as I loathed some GOPs, I never foresaw anything like this.

The fundamental racism is the most surprising. I saw the hate mongering and dispensing with decorum (thanks, Newt, you walking piece of shit) which marked the beginning of every accusation being a confession. And the lying, lying, lying.

Again, I never envisioned the US being where it is today and headed for days even worse. I thought the cycle of politics would even out. I was as naive as most everybody else.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i hope he’s raped daily in the showers 

Nobody should be getting raped at all in prison. It's a thing with me that this has, for decades, become a joke. 

My remark is a general one. You just happened to be the one who kicked the ant bed in me. Our prisons used to be at the top of my list of shames born by the US. Election 2016 changed that.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

If they have the money to pay for a pardon, shit isn’t free with Trump. 

if he is reelected, he will assemble one or more private armies. I’m sure leading his private army will be many of the assholes who were convicted for January 6.

Historically, you could eventually get the police and the Wehrmacht to do terrible crimes against humanity, but usually there were SS troops teaching, threatening and cajoling the others to do what they knew was wrong, until it became something they had less problem with - whether through fear, self preservation or a temporary mental paralysis/numbness that overcame their moral upbringing.

I think Trump most definitely would pardon them….so they will gratefully then do his bidding. 

• Like 3
  • Prepare your anus 1

16 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

if he is reelected, he will assemble one or more private armies. I’m sure leading his private army will be many of the assholes who were convicted for January 6.

Historically, you could eventually get the police and the Wehrmacht to do terrible crimes against humanity, but usually there were SS troops teaching, threatening and cajoling the others to do what they knew was wrong, until it became something they had less problem with - whether through fear, self preservation or a temporary mental paralysis/numbness that overcame their moral upbringing.

I think Trump most definitely would pardon them….so they will gratefully then do his bidding. 

Agree very much. I think less of human nature than you apparently do, my friend. Being even decent requires a little effort. It's easier to just go with the amygdala: fear, threat, fight, flee. Those persons who are cajoled into crimes against humanity, I believe, come to like it. It's power. It reiforces the feeling of superiority. It makes that person the threat and fear-generator.

Cruelty would come easier to us all than we would like to think. I'm of the opinion that that is one of the ongoing trauma for combat soldiers. Necessity forces you into hard-heartedness. When a soldier rotates back to civilization, I can only imagine the difficult processes of reconciling the two worlds. It's why I believe we ought to have a process as intense as basic training for returning soldiers that eases the transition.  But we don't do that.

Why? Coldness to the point of cruelty wrapped in denial forces many of us  to not give a fucking shit.  Praise them as badasses and maybe give a fiver to the homeless hero.

Magas are already there. They likely talk about it after church. Praise Jesus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

16 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Yep. Johnny McEntee will be there to vet them for their loyalty and Trump will pardon anyone with military experience and a willingness to commit violence on his behalf. 

You live by a Rex-Kwon-Do?  I had a chance to get in on the ground level of that franchise but missed my window and ended up in some bullshit MLM tupperware enterprise instead.

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2024 at 9:44 PM, Brisketexan said:

They are. They always have been. They always will be. Pathetic. Fucking. Losers. For eternity.

There was a moment they felt betrayed by Trump and wondered if he just used them.  After all he didn't march with them, he didn't pardon them.   They committed crimes on his behalf and they were left to face justice.   But they got right back in line worshipping him as their messiah. (Fuck you @TahoeHorn ).

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

You live by a Rex-Kwon-Do?  I had a chance to get in on the ground level of that franchise but missed my window and ended up in some bullshit MLM tupperware enterprise instead.

Did you get the special gift with the 24 piece set 

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:17 AM, TreatyOak said:
In a dark vision of the future where Trump has himself declared president for life, I can see him having a shrine built to Ashli and each year on January 6th at a huge rally at the Capitol, he lays a wreath on her memorial

He might use government money to build a shrine, but he’s definitely gonna sell those wreaths to his marks. 
“….a portion of every Patriot Wreath contribution goes to Ashlis’ family* “

*The envelopes containing the checks and cash will be recycled and sent to Ashley‘s family free of charge

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

He might use government money to build a shrine, but he’s definitely gonna sell those wreaths to his marks. 
“….a portion of every Patriot Wreath contribution goes to Ashlis’ family* “

*The envelopes containing the checks and cash will be recycled and sent to Ashley‘s family free of charge

Totally. Stay tuned. I just shared your comment with my office. Everyone agrees this is exactly what will happen. 

Edited by TreatyOak

On 1/14/2024 at 9:24 AM, RomaVicta said:

Cruelty would come easier to us all than we would like to think....

I agree. I clipped it, but as I was reading your paragraph, it brought to mind Kyle Rittenhouse. Sure he is the butt of many a joke, but he was a young adult who was heralded by the powerful, used by them and their media. Do I pity him? Not really, no. However, they've got in Kyle and others like him a loyal foot soldier. He may be bankrupt and all, but he's not going to ever be swayed away from the belief that once more he could be IT: The wielder of the cudgel, the dragon slayer. They hold the nourishment for his feelings of inadequacy and inferiority. It is the source of many a cult and many a religion.

• Hook 'Em 1

Do we know if you can use Jewish space lasers on bikini areas?

On 1/14/2024 at 2:27 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Atomic Jiu-jitso

On 1/14/2024 at 2:34 PM, YGIFS said:

That Brazilian Sandwich & Waxing joint near Hwy. 45?  

On 1/14/2024 at 2:38 PM, BamaATL said:

I heard they are working hard on them space lasers!

8 minutes ago, SKJ said:

Supreme Court to hear case on rioters wise main charge is obstruction:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/01/18/politics/supreme-court-upending-january-6-rioters-trump/index.html

CNN — 

The Supreme Court’s recent decisionto take a case challenging how the Justice Department prosecutes January 6 rioters has already put on hold several rioters’ sentencings and could affect hundreds more cases — including Donald Trump’s.

If the challenge is successful, the Supreme Court could potentially wipe away two of the four counts that special counsel Jack Smith has brought against the former president in his federal election interference case, and upend felony convictions for dozens of January 6 rioters.

Since the Supreme Court agreed last month to take the case, Fischer v. US, more than a dozen January 6 defendants have already asked judges to halt their upcoming sentencings and trials. While some judges have balked, others have agreed to delays for the rioters in a handful of cases.

This is fine

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

Even assuming a normal Supreme Court, its tendency over the last couple of decades has been to narrow criminal statutes.

I'm not sure the arguments here in favor of doing that are particularly persuasive, nor am I convinced that this court will act in favor of this type of Trumpist or Trump, but the tendency to narrow is already there among the more "normal" justices, even.

And, here, the liberal justices may not be your friends, either.

So, prepare your anus.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Even assuming a normal Supreme Court, its tendency over the last couple of decades has been to narrow criminal statutes.

I'm not sure the arguments here in favor of doing that are particularly persuasive, nor am I convinced that this court will act in favor of this type of Trumpist or Trump, but the tendency to narrow is already there among the more "normal" justices, even.

And, here, the liberal justices may not be your friends, either.

So, prepare your anus.

Just assume that the current Supreme Court will not rest until the government can be drown in a bathtub… except for the power of the President. That office is somehow untouchable. It’s written in the constitution … or at least that’s the original idea as interpreted but our justices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Just assume that the current Supreme Court will not rest until the government can be drown in a bathtub… except for the power of the President. That office is somehow untouchable. It’s written in the constitution … or at least that’s the original idea as interpreted but our justices.

Don't forget they're going to do everything to expand their power as well... they haven't been setting this all up so that they can't benefit themselves as well,  as we've what seen, both monitarily and in sheer power

They want to be the arbiters of everything.  Just witness the "major questions " doctrine,  and pretty much every decision since they got a majority

13 hours ago, SKJ said:

Don't forget they're going to do everything to expand their power as well... they haven't been setting this all up so that they can't benefit themselves as well,  as we've what seen, both monitarily and in sheer power

They want to be the arbiters of everything.  Just witness the "major questions " doctrine,  and pretty much every decision since they got a majority

Right and this is a reason I don't think they are going to give Trump immunity.  It puts the executive too far above the judiciary.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Right and this is a reason I don't think they are going to give Trump immunity.  It puts the executive too far above the judiciary.

if by that you mean the end of the independent judiciary and the beginning of a totalitarian rubber-stamp puppet show court, I agree with you. 

21 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

if by that you mean the end of the independent judiciary and the beginning of a totalitarian rubber-stamp puppet show court, I agree with you. 

Trump has made it abundantly clear he has no use for the courts/judiciary.  They will tolerate a lot of shit, but not that kind of disrespect and the potential for taking their power.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:45 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Enjoy prison you dumb cunt !

"Hey, Rachel, thanks so much for the interview. We're going to need a very long, head-shot of you looking at camera  while a voice-over reads all the charges against you. There's a lot of charges so it will have to be at least 12 seconds long, and then we're done."  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

In other words...Thank God we can rely on the Republican controlled raw desire for personal power at the Supreme Court level to make the correct decision, rather than rely on the integrity and principles of the court.  5-3 GOP  So, for the most politically corrupt Supreme court ever, desire not to cede power is our best hope.

God help us...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

17 minutes ago, horn4life said:

In other words...Thank God we can rely on the Republican controlled raw desire for personal power at the Supreme Court level to make the correct decision, rather than rely on the integrity and principles of the court.  5-3 GOP  So, for the most politically corrupt Supreme court ever, desire not to cede power is our best hope.

God help us...

This. Nevermind the idea of actually doing something because it’s a fundamental premise of our country and the right thing to do. Just be happy Republican SCOTUS is just as craven and power hungry as the rest of the party. 

“The question raised by Fischer is whether that law could apply to congressional proceedings like the certification of the 2020 election that was disrupted on January 6, 2021.”

The transfer of power is not equivalent to normal Congressional proceedings. It is, in fact, an integral component to the peaceful transfer of power and it is a key pillar of our Constitutional form of government. I respect the verbal gymnastics that serve to convince some folks our laws are being followed. But, the recording of the results of an election in order to ascertain who will keep, or assume, the reins of power absolutely must be defended from any and all attacks.

Not to do so is not to defend the Constitution, period. Blatantly throwing the middle finger to one’s oath of office should be an impeachable offense.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Ex-Army soldier charged in Capitol riot was convicted of manslaughter for killing Iraqi man in 2004

A former U.S. Army soldier who was convicted of manslaughter for fatally shooting a handcuffed cowherd in Iraq was arrested Monday on charges that he attacked police officers with a baton during the U.S. Capitol riot three years ago.

Edward Richmond Jr., 40, of Geismar, Louisiana, was wearing a helmet, shoulder pads, goggles and a Louisiana state flag patch on his chest when he assaulted police in a tunnel outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to an FBI agent’s affidavit.

Richmond was arrested in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is scheduled to make his initial court appearance Tuesday on charges including civil disorder and assaulting, resisting or impeding police with a dangerous weapon.

Richmond’s Louisiana-based attorney, John McLindon, said he hadn’t seen the charging documents and therefore couldn’t immediately comment on the case.

Richmond was 20 when an Army court-martial panel convicted him of voluntary manslaughter and sentenced him to three years in prison for killing the handcuffed Iraqi civilian near Taal Al Jai in February 2004. Richmond also received a dishonorable discharge from the Army.

Richmond initially was charged with unpremeditated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. But the panel of five officers and five enlisted soldiers reduced the charge to voluntary manslaughter.

The Army said Richmond shot the cowherd, Muhamad Husain Kadir, in the back of the head from about six feet away after the man stumbled. Richmond testified that he didn’t know Kadir was handcuffed and believed the Iraqi man was going to harm a fellow soldier.

During the Jan. 6 riot, body camera footage captured Richmond repeatedly assaulting police officers with a black baton in a tunnel on the Capitol’s Lower West Terrace, the FBI said. Police struggled for hours to stop the mob of Donald Trump supporters from entering the Capitol through the same tunnel entrance.

A witness helped the FBI identify Richmond as somebody who had traveled to Washington, D.C., with several other people to serve as a “security team” for the witness for rallies planned for Jan. 6, according to the agent’s affidavit.

More than 1,200 people have been charged with Capitol riot-related crimes. About 900 have pleaded guilty or been convicted after trials. Over 750 have been sentenced, with nearly 500 receiving a term of imprisonment, according to data compiled by The Associated Press.

image.png.ee6f15c3ed24250db1f557fc30f8addd.png

image.thumb.png.2325f5efac2f73cda23e35cd8eda05b0.png

• Rage+1 2

Just now, bolverk said:

Ex-Army soldier charged in Capitol riot was convicted of manslaughter for killing Iraqi man in 2004

A former U.S. Army soldier who was convicted of manslaughter for fatally shooting a handcuffed cowherd in Iraq was arrested Monday on charges that he attacked police officers with a baton during the U.S. Capitol riot three years ago.

Edward Richmond Jr., 40, of Geismar, Louisiana, was wearing a helmet, shoulder pads, goggles and a Louisiana state flag patch on his chest when he assaulted police in a tunnel outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to an FBI agent’s affidavit.

Richmond was arrested in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is scheduled to make his initial court appearance Tuesday on charges including civil disorder and assaulting, resisting or impeding police with a dangerous weapon.

Richmond’s Louisiana-based attorney, John McLindon, said he hadn’t seen the charging documents and therefore couldn’t immediately comment on the case.

Richmond was 20 when an Army court-martial panel convicted him of voluntary manslaughter and sentenced him to three years in prison for killing the handcuffed Iraqi civilian near Taal Al Jai in February 2004. Richmond also received a dishonorable discharge from the Army.

Richmond initially was charged with unpremeditated murder, which carries a maximum sentence of life in prison. But the panel of five officers and five enlisted soldiers reduced the charge to voluntary manslaughter.

The Army said Richmond shot the cowherd, Muhamad Husain Kadir, in the back of the head from about six feet away after the man stumbled. Richmond testified that he didn’t know Kadir was handcuffed and believed the Iraqi man was going to harm a fellow soldier.

During the Jan. 6 riot, body camera footage captured Richmond repeatedly assaulting police officers with a black baton in a tunnel on the Capitol’s Lower West Terrace, the FBI said. Police struggled for hours to stop the mob of Donald Trump supporters from entering the Capitol through the same tunnel entrance.

A witness helped the FBI identify Richmond as somebody who had traveled to Washington, D.C., with several other people to serve as a “security team” for the witness for rallies planned for Jan. 6, according to the agent’s affidavit.

More than 1,200 people have been charged with Capitol riot-related crimes. About 900 have pleaded guilty or been convicted after trials. Over 750 have been sentenced, with nearly 500 receiving a term of imprisonment, according to data compiled by The Associated Press.

image.png.ee6f15c3ed24250db1f557fc30f8addd.png

image.thumb.png.2325f5efac2f73cda23e35cd8eda05b0.png

Muster him back into the Army.  Then bury him under Leavenworth.  Fucking murderous traitor.

• Hook 'Em 3

32 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

"People treat me like the traitor that I am! Stahp!"

why-am-i-being-treated-like-a-terrorist-

It’s too bad the Capitol police didn’t put a bullet through his head while he was committing an act of terrorism on Jan 6. Then he wouldn’t be suffering the inconvenience of being treated like the terrorist that he is. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

"People treat me like the traitor that I am! Stahp!"

why-am-i-being-treated-like-a-terrorist-

I love this.  He's referring to "the stigma" of being a J6 defendant.  No, fuckhole, the "stigma" is the stigma of being a fucking terrorist asshole who tried to overthrow our government.  Kind of like how Bin Laden's name was sullied not with "the stigma" of being associated with 9/11, but rather was stigmatized by HIS ACTIVE FUCKING ROLE IN MURDERING 3000 PEOPLE.

People treat you like a piece of shit because....you're a piece of shit.  How could you have avoided that?  Easy.  Don't be a piece of shit.  That last part is obviously too hard for Trump supporters, so....FAFO indeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/21/2024 at 11:09 PM, Willfully Horn said:

“The question raised by Fischer is whether that law could apply to congressional proceedings like the certification of the 2020 election that was disrupted on January 6, 2021.”

The transfer of power is not equivalent to normal Congressional proceedings. It is, in fact, an integral component to the peaceful transfer of power and it is a key pillar of our Constitutional form of government. I respect the verbal gymnastics that serve to convince some folks our laws are being followed. But, the recording of the results of an election in order to ascertain who will keep, or assume, the reins of power absolutely must be defended from any and all attacks.

Not to do so is not to defend the Constitution, period. Blatantly throwing the middle finger to one’s oath of office should be an impeachable offense.

Well, the problem is not whether the constitution deserves defending or the concept of peaceful transition of power. 

The problem is that we are constrained by the language of the statute.  And not just anything that the statute can be twisted to encompass should be a crime. 

This is part and parcel of your constitutional rights. 

In any other circumstances, restriction of this statute would be viewed as a civil rights win.