Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

23 hours after my Pfizer shot and I’m feeling fine. (I probably drank a few gallons of water since Monday which should reduce the side effects).

After I got my shot, I asked where the restroom was. They pointed me in the direction and I walked out like a boss without waiting the 15 minutes. Joke’s on them. 

So, I started suffering from severe upper back and neck pain that shut my right arm down in late July, coupled with headaches so severe I was throwing up multiple times a day. Turned out I likely had West Nile meningitis, as I later tested positive for West Nile antibodies. Took almost two months to get back to normal. 

After my first Texas Cares draw, my antibodies were fairly low. I have wondered if my immune system was so busy fighting something else that it was like "fuck this COVID-19 crap, I've got real work to do."

Edited by Deej

Also got Moderna booster yesterday. Got super sick last night, almost as bad as with the 2nd shot. Fever, chills, and body aches all night. Woke up this morning and felt fine. The drinking a ton of water to reduce side affects thing would’ve been nice to know. Hadn’t heard that.

Received my Pfizer booster about 45 minutes ago. Just like the first two shots, it was quick and painless. Only difference this time was that it was by appointment and not walk-in (but it was a lot closer to home). I haven’t had any adverse effects before and I don’t expect any now. If I experience any, I’ll let you know.  

16 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Got my Moderna booster November 5 (first two also Moderna), second blood draw Monday.  Still negative for having had Covid, but my spike number dropped from 1224 in August to 203 Monday.  Been great knowing you guys.

Can you clarify? You got the booster and your antibody counts plummeted? Seems strange.

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Can you clarify? You got the booster and your antibody counts plummeted? Seems strange.

You know as much as I do.  I was surprised by the drop, too, but not overly concerned.  No one knows what a "good" level is, nor whether the count fluctuates from day to day.  I have two data points from August to now, and the immune system is too complex to jump to many conclusions based on two data points.

I'm still masking up, avoiding crowds, washing my hands, etc., but I was doing that after my August results, too.

1 minute ago, Scheiss Meister said:

You know as much as I do.  I was surprised by the drop, too, but not overly concerned.  No one knows what a "good" level is, nor whether the count fluctuates from day to day.  I have two data points from August to now, and the immune system is too complex to jump to many conclusions based on two data points.

I'm still masking up, avoiding crowds, washing my hands, etc., but I was doing that after my August results, too.

Yeah, put me in the same camp re: what a good level is. I was 1,600 in my draw, got a breakthrough from the kid. Wife was 1,200 didn't get it.

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Also got Moderna booster yesterday. Got super sick last night, almost as bad as with the 2nd shot. Fever, chills, and body aches all night. Woke up this morning and felt fine. The drinking a ton of water to reduce side affects thing would’ve been nice to know. Hadn’t heard that.

Chills are gone, still have fever and body aches though. Not as bad as last night. I was massively sore from a leg day in the gym when I got my shot. Pretty clear that was a mistake, legs still sore like a mofo. Arm where I got the shot still sore but not as bad as yesterday. This fucking sucks. 

Woke up at about 4AM drenched in sweat, fever finally broke after a solid 30 hours. I feel so much better, headache and body aches have vanished as well. I don’t know what it is about me that I have such a horrible reaction to the shots. I was more intensely sick after the 2nd, but sick for longer with the booster.

Got my Moderna booster yesterday, (had Pfizer the first two rounds). Drank tons of liquids yesterday and ate tons of food. It helped yesterday, but I woke up with severe body aches, fatigue, headache, moderate fever, and chills. Just took some advil with Jello and Gatorade and I’m feeling a little better. 

Got my Moderna booster shot yesterday, after the two shot Pfizer regimen in late April early May. I had a few beers in the afternoon after my booster and was pretty tired early last night so I crashed about 9:30PM which is hours earlier than usual. Woke up at 3 AM but not because I was feeling poor, I just woke up and couldnt go back to sleep. The only shot that had me feeling "off" was the first Pfizer, but the last two shots have been non-events with just mild arm soreness. 

Before getting the booster, I did my second Texas Cares blood draw on Friday. My first count was 593 and second count was 506. Not much of a drop, but then again the date on the website indicates the second draw was taken on Nov 30th rather than Friday, so for all I know they have someone elses data mixed in there.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had Covid in November 2020

Got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine on 4/1/21

Did my 1st Texas Cares draw on 9/2/21 and it was 1672

Did my 2nd Texas Cares draw on 12/10/21 and it was 770

I haven't had a booster yet, but now I probably will go ahead and get it

The Texas Care results showed a measurement for the N protein, which appears to be a measurement of the anitbody response to the actual infection.  It was 10 on the 1st draw and 3.2 on the 2nd

I have no idea what any of that means 

Kiddos got their second Pfizer shot last Tuesday at 4p, the 8yo was totally fine the next day but the 5yo was running 100.1 and got sent home from school the following morning.  

She’s a handful so I purposely didn’t give her meds for the temp, so she’d stay on the couch watching tv so I could work…father of the year candidate here, but I’d put my 14yo dog down that morning and was having the house cleaned, so was in no mood to be daddy’d to death.  

She was mostly fine by Wednesday evening, woke up without a temp thursday morning…luckily we are tight with the Principal, who didn’t tell the nurse so we could avoid the 24-hour rule for temperatures.  We all knew it was just a vaccination response.  

I love my children dearly, and as noted in the AISD thread I want them at school so I can get shit done.  

Second Pfizer shot in early April, got a Moderna booster on Saturday afternoon. Got the wake up at 3am with fever, aches, and chills experience. I've also been dealing with a flair up of back pain and muscle spasms from a herniated disc, so this weekend was just a load of fun. A normal dose of tylenol did the trick for the COVID side effects though.

On 12/10/2021 at 7:12 AM, Helobious said:

Woke up at about 4AM drenched in sweat, fever finally broke after a solid 30 hours. I feel so much better, headache and body aches have vanished as well. I don’t know what it is about me that I have such a horrible reaction to the shots. I was more intensely sick after the 2nd, but sick for longer with the booster.

Same here.

I got my moderna booster (pfizer for the first two) on Friday at about 5 pm. Woke up Sat morning feeling feverish and achy, slept and drank fluids all day, didn't feel better until late sat night. Sun felt fine. After the second shot I felt worse but only for about half a day.

Got the flu shot a while back.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:08 PM, Helobious said:

Chills are gone, still have fever and body aches though. Not as bad as last night. I was massively sore from a leg day in the gym when I got my shot. Pretty clear that was a mistake, legs still sore like a mofo. Arm where I got the shot still sore but not as bad as yesterday. This fucking sucks. 

Never ever ever skip leg day.

🏋️‍♂️

Hope you get better soon.

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 1

I was in a suite at an NBA game on Thursday and rode with at least one fully vaxxed person who is symptomatic and tested positive as of yesterday morning. We may also have split a tall boy in the car after the game. 

Got my booster 30 days ago yesterday. Just tested negative (knock on wood). Feels good man. 

Moderna booster at 1 yesterday. So far it's been the mildest set of side affects. Felt fine all day but got sleepy real early and passed out before 10. Woke up middle of night with a mild headache and low grade fever/chills. Popped a tylenol around 4 and woke up for good at 7, drenched in sweat from fever breaking and headache gone. Other than a sore arm and mild fatigue, feel pretty much normal and should be able to get some work done. 

First shot was similar but side effects lasted longer, while 2nd dose whooped my ass for a solid 24 hours. 

Got my Moderna booster two weeks ago. Good friend who is a pussy got his the same day. He was sick after his first two (I felt fine after both) and I could tell he was hoping I'd have symptoms after my booster. Well, he called in sick to work the next day. I forgot I even got the shot until he texted to see how I felt. 

My 9 yr old daughter got her 2nd dose of Pfizer last Wednesday.  She had no symptoms either. 

Got boosted (Moderna) last week. Did second CARES draw yesterday. 

No prior infection. Count is 1460 (down from like 2100). 

I was hesitant to get the booster after seeing it knock my wife on her ass and hearing about side effects here and among friends. I had some after the second so was worried. But just had a slightly sore arm. In the end i was more scared of COVID than the side effects. 

Edited by The Dog

Got Moderna booster yesterday at 2pm after Pfizer 2x back in May 2021. Felt off and lackadaisical after Pfizer but this one is different. 

Arm feels like it got mike tyson-ed and slight headache but otherwise main “concern” is my joints feel like they’ve been replaced with little Gumby figurines. I generally like popping my joints with a good stretch but from ankles to neck, no popping. They just feel “off”, or kinda fungible/squishy. Either way, I expect to be back to normal tomorrow (that was the case with Pfizer).