SOMEBODY FLIPPING ONE FUCKING SWITCH WOULD HAVE KEPT AUSTIN IN WATER

Hagbard Celine

11 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I will wait to see what the problem was/is before deciding how critical to be and who to criticize, but a citywide boil notice in a city the size of Austin is very, very unusual.  Something big had to go wrong at that plant.

Clearly we need to raise property taxes

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Low pressure boil notices don’t make a shit.  I am involved in treatment at both ends and high NTU is bad news.  That’s how Giardiasis and Cryptosporidium happen.

I used that firm in a lawsuit once and they did great for me!  But yeah, you're right - this is how lawyers are created.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Lol. It’s gonna be hilarious when y’all all need Ivermectin to treat your parasitic infections. 

Circle of life, Simba.

Shit, it went from "maybe a couple of days which is incredibly vague at 10:00p on a Saturday night" to now "maybe a few days."  In this uber-connected society, we really should take a few hours and decide once and for all what we mean when we say "a few" and what we mean when we say "Next Tuesday"...is it February 8th or February 15th?  FWIW---it's 2/8, when you say "Next in line, please"...you're referring to the person at the front of the queue, not the person behind that person.  

I should probably go buy more water.  Wife's boiling as much as she can but we'll be through our garage fridge stockpile in 36 hours. 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

May you shit your way to glory! 

(yeah, I totally spaced out last night and brushed my teeth with sink water) 

Same but I guess it doesn’t matter, I’m going to have to shower at some point today, and if I’m scrubbing my taint with tainted water it’s gonna leak into my anal fissures anyway.  

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Same but I guess it doesn’t matter, I’m going to have to shower at some point today, and if I’m scrubbing my taint with tainted water it’s gonna leak into my anal fissures anyway.  

I’m still using my bidet. I’m not a savage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Sorry about your fissures.  

14 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The news stories I looked at said that it is the first citywide notice since The Ice Age of 2021.  Limited area notices due to broken water mains allowing the water pressure to drop below 20 psi are not too unusual, but a citywide notice is.  They had some kind of major operational issue or equipment failure to cause that much of a problem.  

Disclaimer: I work at the wastewater end of the system, but I have some experience with both surface and ground water production.

So yours is not a username, it is a Job Description.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Cap33 said:

The next shoe to drop will be AISD canceling classes tomorrow due to no potable water.

I was just talking to my kid about this. Will there be school tomorrow? Last year water wasn't an issue since lack of electricity was keeping schools closed anyway. I remember being under a boil notice in 2018 (or 2017), but schools stayed open, right?

Look people, the only way we're gonna get through this water debacle is to buy a hotel tomorrow morning and take turns filling our containers from the bathtub faucet.  

I don't see any other options.

23 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I was just talking to my kid about this. Will there be school tomorrow? Last year water wasn't an issue since lack of electricity was keeping schools closed anyway. I remember being under a boil notice in 2018 (or 2017), but schools stayed open, right?

RRISD schools on Austin piss…I mean water…will be open, asking kids to bring filled water bottles to ease the burden on their supply.  

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I think since you can flush and wash hands, they will have school. Cafeteria lunch might be cheese sandwiches on a paper plate though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hammerin Hank said:

Does the water filter on my fridge do anything for the bacteria, or does the water  still need to be boiled?

If it's some crazy reverse osmosis triple filter deal, you're probably fine. If it's the same filter you got with the fridge 5 years ago, I'd probably boil it lol

5 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Yep, good ol' Crypto and Beaver Fever.  The banes of the surface water world.

On a positive note if you get Beaver Fever, I'm pretty sure that also provides access to Big Naturals, Captain Stabbin, and a few others sites. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1