2021 Hurricane & Cyclone Thread

Rip76

the fuck is wrong with people.

I’m gonna give a little more slack than normal to a guy who just presumably rode out a Cat 4 hurricane in his hometown. A few seconds of muffled video probably doesn’t tell the story.

And Shaq tweeted that he and his crew are fine.
  • Hook 'Em 2

So regarding the charity conversation the RC might be fine, but if you are wanting to get help quickly to the people try to find a way to get it to local charities or even directly to people on the ground.

After Harvey in Port A some people organized what came to be known as “Camp David”, which provided hot meals every day for locals and volunteers and electric line workers, etc. That was huge. If you find a way to get money to groups like that it makes a huge difference. Also the volunteers for cleanup. I had 3 roofs in my yard and no way to get them out. A couple from out of town came in with a bobcat and I was on the list as needing help with large debris removal. 5 of us spent 2 days getting all the crap out of my yard. No idea what I would have done without that help.

Regarding Grand Isle, it’s an island very similar to Port Aransas except almost a complete lack of dunes. It’s gonna be rough there because of the storm surge. Thankfully their wind speeds didn’t look too bad - lower than what Port A and Rockport got during Harvey - so maybe it’s not completely wiped out.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m gonna give a little more slack than normal to a guy who just presumably rode out a Cat 4 hurricane in his hometown. A few seconds of muffled video probably doesn’t tell the story.

I wouldn't.  He seems like a lunatic attacking a TV crew minding their own business.  

If he just went through a storm maybe he should be cleaning his yard.

• Hook 'Em 1

Could anyone make out what the guy was saying when he was going after the reporter? He was making a quick beeline for the reporter. In hindsight, the camera guy or producer should have alerted the reporter. 

For the life of me, I don't see how someone could be upset at a reporter in a hurricane zone. Maybe if they're in your face recording your tragic moment, you might ask them to leave, but that was a guy looking for trouble.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Could anyone make out what the guy was saying when he was going after the reporter? He was making a quick beeline for the reporter. In hindsight, the camera guy or producer should have alerted the reporter. 

For the life of me, I don't see how someone could be upset at a reporter in a hurricane zone. Maybe if they're in your face recording your tragic moment, you might ask them to leave, but that was a guy looking for trouble.

Gonna go out on a big limb and say ... the reporter being black played the main role. 

• Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It sounded like the word "accurate" was in there somewhere. Would be consistent with other inferences that can be made here. 

~~~~~

On a more serious note, this clip of molten metal in mayonnaise is the funniest thing in the history of the world. 

Sound on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

cool, cool. Hope I would get some slack too after I put two thru his teeth if he tried to do that to me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

More details on the looting from my kid and his "sources":

Family Dollar at MLK and S. Claiborne got hit.

Whole Foods is being protected by Army National Guard.  LOL.

No word on the Food King.

Edited by Jiggy-Z
Animal House reference.

4 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It sounded like the word "accurate" was in there somewhere. Would be consistent with other inferences that can be made here. 

~~~~~

On a more serious note, this clip of molten metal in mayonnaise is the funniest thing in the history of the world. 

Sound on. 

Your sense of humor is like a cross between Erlich Blackman and Laurie Bream. Did you know that if you go to the alexa app, go to the communicate button at the bottom, and then go to announcements you can add fart noises to any announcement you want to make? It's perfect for stay at home moms during nap time.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

There's enough of the story being told on screen with audio to be able to say what he's doing is inappropriate at the very least. If someone gets into my face screaming like that there's going to be a problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

There's enough of the story being told on screen with audio to be able to say what he's doing is inappropriate at the very least. If someone gets into my face screaming like that there's going to be a problem. 

He was probably one of those dickweeds from Channel 9 Evening News Team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

Any reports from Venice area?

Supposed to be down there tuna fishing September 17th. I doubt that’s happening.

While they got winds about 45 mph slower than Port Fourchon did it would be high on the list of places I would not have wanted to be during the storm.

On the weather channel, Cantore is riding around in a jon boat around Crown Point with a Jefferson Parish councilman.  Just incredible.  The water is up to the road signs.  They just past what the guy said was a "high point" where people bring their cars to park during expected flooding...the cars were still under water.  

A little farther down the road there, some of the houses on stilts or raised foundations didn't get water in them.

28 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

And spry young females getting stuck in the dryer.

This is a fetish I was unaware of. Are we talking about public laundry facilities, or more of a thing where somebody breaks into your house while you are stuck in the permanent press cycle? Are dryer sheets involved, because that's gonna be an immediate no from me. My wife puts like half a box in every load and it feels like everything is coated in talc after that.

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Red Cross is not good with large emergencies. I don't know if anyone is. Has there ever been a hurricane where the general consensus that FEMA did a great job? Unfortunately in large scale emergencies there are 1000s of unique situations that the Red Cross or anyone can't deal with well.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeUlO6qgkc4q6M2Lk1UQS

• Hook 'Em 5