2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

I’m sitting on the beach watching the game with my iPad set up, bluetooth speaker, with a big titty blonde, crushing beers and hopes and dreams of teenagers playing washers, and there’s this one thing that is annoying the shit out of me me today…..

2 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

I’m sitting on the beach watching the game with my iPad set up, bluetooth speaker, with a big titty blonde, crushing beers and hopes and dreams of teenagers playing washers, and there’s this one thing that is annoying the shit out of me me today…..

What might that be?

28 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

The lack of fucking pics?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah, we desperately need to hear someone who has no clue how slugging percentage is calculated...

Does anyone give a shit? I'd rather listen to Harold Reynolds trying to actually do the math than to hear these dudes rattle on about nothing related to the game they are supposedly watching. I like having former players in the booth because they can give you insights into the game that you wouldn't normally be privy to, but you also run the risk of guys that can't let their playing days go and you have to hear how they could do it better when they played or the game is boring for them to sit and watch and not be on the field so they sit there reliving the "glory" years.

Just shut the fuck up and talk about how bad ass the teams are playing and how Texas is going to fuck up MSU's season and win this WHOLE FUCKING THING. 

33 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Is this one of those Choose Your Own Adventure books?

• Haha 1

There was an umpire review of some play in our Tennessee game.  And Ben McDonald was doing an attempt at a meta discussion of what he thinks the umpires were saying to themselves while peppering in his own first person accounting of what he would say to himself in that position in the third person.  If I read the ESPN attempt at a transcript of those 90 seconds, I would lose my mind.  And if somebody attempted to diagram that sentence, they would end up in a vortex of two black holes meeting behind Jupiter.  

What's the backstory on why he's wearing that jersey?  I know the conspiracy fucking idiots will think there's some validity to it, I'm just genuinely curious.  He does seem seem to genuinely love baseball like we do on here.  Be a helluva long game by Fauci to arrange this whole thing to help Vanderbilt barely win 3-1 over the N.C. State pratice squad ;) 

He also received the Ken Shine award from Dell Medical School/UT System several months back.  Supposedly they also sent him a Longhorn jersey because they know he loves baseball with the physical award (it was obviously given over Zoom back then).  Maybe he was trying to burn Vandy pitching to help UT.  

What we really need is a doctor to help the bulldogs tonight, 'cause they're about to get pummeled.  

All day I've been trying to wrap my head around choosing to *not* vaccinating a bunch of 21-year olds who are going to bars/parties/practices/classes/etc.... while trying to win a national championship.

I mean, it's just profoundly stupid.  

Out of curiosity - and because maybe I'm an asshole - I looked at a map of their campus to see how hard it would have been.  There's a CVS about 500 feet from their stadium, giving FREE VACCINES WITH NO APPOINTMENT.

So now I gotta either root for those fucking idiots to overcome Darwin's attempt to take them out of the gene pool *OR* the SEC!SEC!SEC! team that's going to fail upwards into the finals.  

Just as an aside here... as of about a month ago, the covid rate among unvaccinated people was roughly the same as some of the worst months of 2020.  In other words, the numbers look really good, because the vaccinated people are still in the denominator, but they're overwhelmingly not getting sick, or they're getting very mild cases.  Take them out, and the numbers suddenly don't look so great.

Somebody send this screenshot to the NC State coaches:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-25-at-5-55-42-PM.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1