2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

50 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I know a couple of former Boise St players and everyone of things Harsin is a massive asshole. He won’t last beyond next season and was a terrible spot for him to begin with.

53 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Harsin's a cunt.  Always was. 

To be clear, I'm just throwing out the only jargon I remember from that Going Clear doc on Scientology. Bunch of SPs in here

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, how bad is it going to be? The recruiting class is falling apart. What is the word on player transfers?

I've always thought Clemson has two huge hurdles to staying relevant: replacing Venables and replacing Dabo. Unfortunately, Dabo has placed Clemson in a tough position. He's hired a bunch of friends and former players and refuses to use the portal. The roster management is a bigger issue right now than losing Venables.

As for the class and transfers, word is 7 key players had to be talked out of transferring by Venables and Dabo. We will see more transfers and more recruits bailing, especially with the rumor that Dabo is promoting from within for DC and OC. Unless something huge happens, Clemson will be significantly under the 85 scholarship limit and will likely fill in with walk ons

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I've always thought Clemson has two huge hurdles to staying relevant: replacing Venables and replacing Dabo. Unfortunately, Dabo has placed Clemson in a tough position. He's hired a bunch of friends and former players and refuses to use the portal. The roster management is a bigger issue right now than losing Venables.

As for the class and transfers, word is 7 key players had to be talked out of transferring by Venables and Dabo. We will see more transfers and more recruits bailing, especially with the rumor that Dabo is promoting from within for DC and OC. Unless something huge happens, Clemson will be significantly under the 85 scholarship limit and will likely fill in with walk ons

Sounds like he’s well on his way to becoming late stage Mack Brown, more so in generally driving the program he built off the cliff than the specifics you’ve mentioned. And no offense but I couldn’t be any happier if this did indeed happen. 

Jeff Howe just said on HornFm that the additional 7  roster spots that can be added via transfer are based only on player numbers that portal out after Dec 15th.

If this is true, are there still at least 7 more guys that will leave after this Wednesday??

Edited by LTtxfan

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Jeff Howe just said on HornFm that the additional 7  roster spots that can be added via transfer are based only on player numbers that portal out after Dec 15th.

If this is true, are there still at least 7 more guys that will leave after this Wednesday??

Also... Do the additional 7 roster spots have to be filled by transfers only,  or can High School kids fill those extra spots??

2 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I still can’t believe we are using a scholarship on a LS when we have so many holes to fill. And I hope the kicker is the next Dawson or Tucker because I thought Carrot Top was supposed to be pretty good. 

If you think that's a true scholarship counter vs some kind of greyshirt deal, I've got some oceanfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I still can’t believe we are using a scholarship on a LS when we have so many holes to fill. And I hope the kicker is the next Dawson or Tucker because I thought Carrot Top was supposed to be pretty good. 

Well, don't believe it.  It isn't happening and to think it is going to happen is kind of silly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I wish we could convince Dicker to return this year.  He was money on kicking, punting and kickoffs this year.  He has another year if he wants it.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I wish we could convince Dicker to return this year.  He was money on kicking, punting and kickoffs this year.  He has another year if he wants it.

My understanding was he wanted to come back and the staff was ready for him to leave b/c we have scholarships out to kickers and punters and they don't want that many schollies tied up.  I read that anyway, no idea of the veracity.

• Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

My understanding was he wanted to come back and the staff was ready for him to leave b/c we have scholarships out to kickers and punters and they don't want that many schollies tied up.  I read that anyway, no idea of the veracity.

What I have heard through the LT grapevine is that his girlfriend is ready for him to go pro.

Undefeated

• Hook 'Em 1

IT Scoop:

TRENDING:

Texas is looking good for Ohio State transfer cornerback Ryan Watts. The Little Elm native played sparingly last season for the Buckeyes, and now is getting the sell from the Horns staff and current players. Watts played with the same 7v7 group that has Savion Red, Jamel Johnson, Anthony Hill Jr. and other future Texas targets. We're watching this one closely.

On the topic of the portal, when the season started to go downhill, IT heard the staff would focus heavily on transfers who offer immediate help. Watts, though he paid sparingly, fits the bill. He is talented. Clearly Quinn Ewers fits the bill.

IT has two other transfers earmarked for Texas but will hold those names for differing reasons. Each is a likely starter.

One other thing IT heard, much of the transfer capital would be spent on offense.

The transfer number is in flux because high school numbers are in flux. Demand is out-stripping supply as late-cycle momentum builds.

More on numbers later today.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IT Scoop:

TRENDING:

Texas is looking good for Ohio State transfer cornerback Ryan Watts. The Little Elm native played sparingly last season for the Buckeyes, and now is getting the sell from the Horns staff and current players. Watts played with the same 7v7 group that has Savion Red, Jamel Johnson, Anthony Hill Jr. and other future Texas targets. We're watching this one closely.

On the topic of the portal, when the season started to go downhill, IT heard the staff would focus heavily on transfers who offer immediate help. Watts, though he paid sparingly, fits the bill. He is talented. Clearly Quinn Ewers fits the bill.

IT has two other transfers earmarked for Texas but will hold those names for differing reasons. Each is a likely starter.

One other thing IT heard, much of the transfer capital would be spent on offense.

The transfer number is in flux because high school numbers are in flux. Demand is out-stripping supply as late-cycle momentum builds.

More on numbers later today.

Why the heck would we use more transfer spots on offense? Take Ewers, a WR, 1-2 OL, and the rest on defense. With QB wrapped, we need edges and LBs most of all (maybe OL so we don't have to rely on True FR).

I suppose there's more immediate need on Offense. 

Returning Starters on offense (4): Bijan, Worthy, Whittington, Angilau....who else is locked in?  It won't be the end of the world if Majors, Jones, Karic, Wiley, or Washington are starters but you don't hold their spot.  We can offer immediate PT for up to 4 OL spots, TE, and WR on offense.

Returning starters on defense (8): Oghoufu, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, Overshown, Jamison, Thompson, Cook.  You also have several lesser LB who started games (Brockermeyer, Gbenda, Ford).  So really aside from 1-2 DB  and maybe a LB there's not much room for immediate PT on defense, especially with all the DL recruits coming in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Why the heck would we use more transfer spots on offense? Take Ewers, a WR, 1-2 OL, and the rest on defense. With QB wrapped, we need edges and LBs most of all (maybe OL so we don't have to rely on True FR).

Well if we think 8 more and 2 being OL, at least 1 WR, maybe a real TE and possibly a backup QB that make is most on Offense.

Go find a LB and safeties with the rest and go from there.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

on one hand i agree

on the other hand burning 1 scholarship on Dicker + 1 on Pearson + 1 on Will Stone isn't great

(also we currently have a Senior LS on scholarship? Justin Mader?)

///

from looking at Bama they actually have 2 punters on scholarship + 2 Kickers + 2 Long Snappers per the 247 Scholarship Distribution?

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Season/2022-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

37 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I suppose there's more immediate need on Offense. 

Returning Starters on offense (4): Bijan, Worthy, Whittington, Angilau....who else is locked in?  It won't be the end of the world if Majors, Jones, Karic, Wiley, or Washington are starters but you don't hold their spot.  We can offer immediate PT for up to 4 OL spots, TE, and WR on offense.

Returning starters on defense (8): Oghoufu, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, Overshown, Jamison, Thompson, Cook.  You also have several lesser LB who started games (Brockermeyer, Gbenda, Ford).  So really aside from 1-2 DB  and maybe a LB there's not much room for immediate PT on defense, especially with all the DL recruits coming in.

starters from KSU game:

FE5AW5RXwA4epvC?format=jpg&name=medium

36 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Well if we think 8 more and 2 being OL, at least 1 WR, maybe a real TE and possibly a backup QB that make is most on Offense.

Go find a LB and safeties with the rest and go from there.

I'm thinking 2OL, 1WR or 2WR if we miss on other targets, possibly 1TE. On defense, 1DE (or pray like hell 1 of the freshmen is ready to play), 2LB, 1CB, 1-2S (probably 2 with one being big enough to spin down). That's 12 total with it split evenly between O and D.

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

i wish wake had a better defense, #60 in DFEI sadly

but wake has #11 OFEI so they are going to put up some points

Strength vs Strength, weakness vs weakness.  I like aggy in that game but who knows.  Anyone sitting it out on their side?  You'd have to think Wake is more interested in being there/excited for the game than aggy.  

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Poor kid had to deal with that psycho fan base and their insane expectations. And now they are left with an injured FR INT machine and then an incoming true FR next year.

They got to go after a QB in the portal right?

Well apparently they declined to pursue Ewers so…

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Haha 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)