Boo fucking hoo Ashli Babbitt

Gooby

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's not a good scene to have police blasting away at citizens. It would bring to mind the Odessa steps sequence from Russian cinema.

Eisenstein made some good movies. IMHO, with possibly the greatest movie score of all time composed by Prokofiev, his best was ‘’Alexander Nevski’’. The movie, which memorializes a medieval battle against the Teutonic Knights, was made in 1937 to prepare the Russians for the upcoming war w Germany. The movie missed its original premier, as it was shelved when Stalin signed his non-aggression pact w Hitler. After the Germans attacked in 1941, the movie was finally released. It is fantastic, with sweeping vistas and a huge battle on the ice. Like all Eisenstein movies, it has a a lot of corny stuff but it’s still amazing and the music alone makes it worth a viewing. You can watch it here. The Suite is still performed by orchestras around the world. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

@immamac I heart you, but I disagree. As another poster noted, lots of police were injured. And the only reason it didn't turn into an absolute horror show is because the senate was emptied. If the rioters had gotten in there with all the senators there, there is no telling what would have happened. Shooting my girl Ashli only turned away one small group of rioters. 

I guess where I’m at is if they just mowed these people down we aren’t talking about it like this 3 years later, we are in a significantly different place as a country. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

I guess where I’m at is if they just mowed these people down we aren’t talking about it like this 3 years later, we are in a significantly different place as a country. 

With this I agree. The question is whether we would be in a better place..

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, immamac said:

Just like Babbit, the crowd would have dispersed after the first few bodies dropped. Most people aren’t heroes despite their cosplay costumes. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

With this I agree. The question is whether we would be in a better place..

Not yet I’d argue, we would undoubtedly be worse off today but probably better in the near future. 

I desperately want young America to wake up and vote someone in who isn’t a piece of shit at any level of government. Both parties are so fucked up beyond repair, one are unable to govern because they are pussies and the other side is insane nut jobs who want to destroy the country. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I was curious.  Babbit was from San Diego, so I checked to see where she is buried.  Turns out, she was cremated and her ashes spread in the ocean.  

I need to go take a piss of the jetty. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

33 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I was curious.  Babbit was from San Diego, so I checked to see where she is buried.  Turns out, she was cremated and her ashes spread in the ocean.  

Yep, in Oceanside and I'm going to piss on Babbit 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

My sister (no pics) lives in Oceanside, dad lives in Vista 

Welcome to town!

I'm working tomorrow, otherwise I'd offer to buy you a cold one.

I highly recommend LTH for brunch tomorrow.  Get the HFS (holy fucking shit) sandwich. 

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Congrats on your new stalker, Doc. 

If, in the course of eating a HFS sandwich at brunch, your new table mate asks about your interest in buying a home a couple dozen times, there is nothing weird about that

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It's not a good scene to have police blasting away at citizens. It would bring to mind the Odessa steps sequence from Russian cinema.

I agree with that policy even as I agree with the sentiment of hosing the whole lot of them down with .50 cal.

I also imagine that no officer or other party other than those aware of the plan ever themselves imagined repelling an assault on the Capitol aimed at seizing members of Congress.

If they try it again? Make it a free fire zone.

The people of Odessa weren’t engaging in a violent assault in that film. If armed security personnel had fired on the domestic terrorists outside the Capitol around the time that they breached the perimeter, started assaulting police officers, and broke through a window into the Capitol itself, then anyone comparing it to Battleship Potemkin would be easily dismissed by pointing out that they’re citing a Communist propaganda film…and taking the side of the Communists. That would shut them up pretty quick.

This ain’t Ashli Babbitt:

IMG_4655.thumb.jpeg.4ccca7e69ebd4616144a19d9718ad3e2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

And as we conclude Ashli Babbit day in Texas…let us remember her final and patriotic words, “My only regret is that I have for my country but only one life to give, two exit wounds, and three holes.”

• Hook 'Em 1

Wait, a borrowed George Floyd joke getting pos rep on Surl?  #bothsides indeed. 
I thought it was a Rush Limbaugh joke. Never heard it told as a George Floyd joke. Guess we run in different circles.
  • Like 1

140 cops injured and multiple dead but ok sure 
Yeah its not hyperbole to expect wholesale slaughter given how things went down in real time, I expected Way more blood shed, and I expect it shouldn't ever get that out of hand again before there is way more blood shed.

But white protesters I suppose.

7 minutes ago, tchookem said:

I thought it was a Rush Limbaugh joke. Never heard it told as a George Floyd joke. Guess we run in different circles.

Also works.  Someone here was appalled a few weeks ago when a txaggy screenshot with the Floyd version was posted.  

I don't think we are at different place, we just kicked the ugly part down the road. We are divorced we just haven't signed the decree.
We are slow boating a done deal.

I've pissed in that ocean from Costa Rica to Oregon, so I'm doing my part.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Also works.  Someone here was appalled a few weeks ago when a txaggy screenshot with the Floyd version was posted.  
Did you post both the current version here and the Floyd version on Tex Ags?
Did you fly your Trump flag high when they hired The Elk?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I've pissed in that ocean from Costa Rica to Oregon, so I'm doing my part.

So guess we all need to go hit Antarctica, piss there to ensure we get it right. I am in.

46 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Did you post both the current version here and the Floyd version on Tex Ags?
Did you fly your Trump flag high when they hired The Elk?

No, but it did draw a pretty hearty chuckle.  Have seen it now with Rush, Floyd, and Babbitt and has yet to not deliver. 

Agree that not every single person should have been shot at the Capitol that day. The people who were physically breaking doors and barriers or hurting people fit into the category where the police should have been given the discretion to protect our leaders.

In what other scenario could you carry on a full-on battle with police and not expect the police to eventually shoot. The Capitol police had their hands tied that day.

would that have created additional problems if cops had killed dozens of rioters? Yes but that we need to address the growing problem of GQP, and not sweep it under the rug. The conversations need to occur. We are 3 years removed from Jan 6th and GQP congress members are not challenged by their party members when they call Jan 6th a tourist excursion. It’s like calling the attack on Pearl Harbor an air show.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

WTF dude. You're acting like breaking into the US Capitol, beating up cops, and making every member of congress fear for their lives is tantamount to graffiti or some shit. Horrible take and you should be embarrassed. 

No im not im acting like firing on citizens of the United States is a very very very very bad thing, like the end of America bad. A thing that should never ever happen under virtually any circumstance. Fuck all those people who did that, but it doesn’t mean indiscriminately fire on a crowd of our own citizens as a form of crowd control. There is room for that opinion without telling me I should be embarrassed. Be better than that. 

The dems aren’t some fucking great country builders sorry that I don’t subscribe to our problems as a country being solely rooted on one party being actually insane. I think electing people who actually want to make the country a better place together instead of only with people that subscribe to their perfect vision of the future are what we need. We need a government actually representative of the people’s needs and that isn’t happening on either side. Everyone is fucking pissed off and the solution isn’t just elect more democrats to hope they are altruistic and actually fix things. Spoiler: they are still a bunch of old out of touch pieces of shit, they just at least still have some level of accountability and aren’t psychotic country destroyers. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

No, but it did draw a pretty hearty chuckle.  Have seen it now with Rush, Floyd, and Babbitt and has yet to not deliver. 

By legal definition, which of the three were murdered, making the joke in much poorer taste? Not your finest both sides attempt.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, immamac said:

The country became a different place when people like Ashli Babbit decided that we shouldn’t have peaceful transitions of power anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

There wouldn't have been some massive piles of dead MAGAs everywhere. Shoot the first few in the legs. Then it becomes an outside only event.

Would have actually saved lives, including Babbitt's. 

Not yet I’d argue, we would undoubtedly be worse off today but probably better in the near future. 
I desperately want young America to wake up and vote someone in who isn’t a piece of shit at any level of government. Both parties are so fucked up beyond repair, one are unable to govern because they are pussies and the other side is insane nut jobs who want to destroy the country. 
I like you bro, but that's some both sides bullshit. Democrats have passed more substantive positive legislation under Biden than any era since LBJ.
  • Hook 'Em 5

My question remains for any of y’all who minimize Jan 6 or believe that we shouldn’t have responded with more deadly force:

Replace that mob with one of Muslims mad because the will of Allah was thwarted because their candidate didn’t win, and they do all do the EXACT same acts while yelling “Allahu Akbar!” What would you have 2) expected and/or 2) wanted government forces to do in response?

No answer of “but BLM!” - tell me what you would have us do if the mob committing the same acts, with the same grievances about a lost election, did it in the name of Allah.

You damn well know we would and should have mowed them down. That’s what you would have wanted to happen, and rightly so.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My question remains for any of y’all who minimize Jan 6 or believe that we shouldn’t have responded with more deadly force:

Replace that mob with one of Muslims mad because the will of Allah was thwarted because their candidate didn’t win, and they do all do the EXACT same acts while yelling “Allahu Akbar!” What would you have 2) expected and/or 2) wanted government forces to do in response?

No answer of “but BLM!” - tell me what you would have us do if the mob committing the same acts, with the same grievances about a lost election, did it in the name of Allah.

You damn well know we would and should have mowed them down. That’s what you would have wanted to happen, and rightly so.

They wouldn’t have to be Muslim. You brought up BLM. Look at how peaceful protestors were treated by police in this country. They had actual grievances too. The only thing that kept this from going loud was the ethnicity of the traitors 

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

15 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yep, in Oceanside and I'm going to piss on Babbit 

Make sure you dribble some at the hagfish shit formerly known as OBL.