Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

Yes, for them it is more important to have a huge diploma mill than to provide a good education. It's more important to have a lot of seats in a pile of shit stadium than to have a nice stadium. It's more important to have a highly rated recruiting class full of mercenaries than to actually win games. It's more important to play a self-proclaimed super tough schedule than to play an actually tough schedule. It's more important to win games against FCS schools than to win games against P5 schools just to say they won a game. It's more important to say you're the richest public school than to actually be the richest public school.

It’s also more important to have a code, lie cheat and steal, because, you know!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 4:48 PM, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Are we going to have to play Tech for a certain number of times when we get to the SEC? I remember it was big news here in Lubbock soon after the announcement that Kirby Hocutt said on the local news that Tech had a deal with Texas to play annually foe an OOC game. Was that all wishful thinking for Hocutt, or is there anything to that?

That was never a serious proposal and had no chance of ever happening. Even the most hopeful Tech supporters knew better.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:53 PM, jimmyjazz said:

This idea that our SEC schedule will be any more difficult than our Big 12 schedule is silly.  They are objectively the same.  SEC-West is tougher than SEC-East, so the best East teams benefit from not having to face a complete round robin schedule, but other than that, the two conferences are essentially equal.

I am going to hate the "SEC SEC SEC" shit that is to come.  Gah.

You do realize there will be no more SEC East and SEC West, don't you?

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

God you guys are thin skinned sometimes.  Isn’t he saying exactly what you all want?  Everyone wants the divorce finalized yesterday except for Fox.

Pollard spent the entirety of 2011-2021 licking your boots, gladly acquiescing to ISU games on LHN (unlike schools like Tech that openly shit on it).  NO ONE WANTS TO BE ON LHN ANYMORE.  Not even you!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/iowa-state-ad-without-texas-and-oklahoma-the-big-12-is-the-mountain-west-195112848.html

There he is gargling your nut sack.  The need for fealty is endless here, apparently.

Surly:  God, we can’t leave soon enough.

Rest of Surly: WHOOOOO

ISU guy:  God, they can’t leave soon enough.

Rest of Surly:  FUCK YOU AND DIE

If you saved us from having to join the MAC and we subsequently say”can’t wait till they leave” you’d be well within your rights to say fuck off.   We kept the big 12 intact.  Hell you may want to thank USC as well

• Hook 'Em 1

God you guys are thin skinned sometimes.  Isn’t he saying exactly what you all want?  Everyone wants the divorce finalized yesterday except for Fox.

Pollard spent the entirety of 2011-2021 licking your boots, gladly acquiescing to ISU games on LHN (unlike schools like Tech that openly shit on it).  NO ONE WANTS TO BE ON LHN ANYMORE.  Not even you!

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/iowa-state-ad-without-texas-and-oklahoma-the-big-12-is-the-mountain-west-195112848.html

There he is gargling your nut sack.  The need for fealty is endless here, apparently.

kingsley shut up GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

If you saved us from having to join the MAC and we subsequently say”can’t wait till they leave” you’d be well within your rights to say fuck off.   We kept the big 12 intact.  Hell you may want to thank USC as well

It's not like he's saying "fuck Texas".  He's ready to move on.  Just like you guys.  Just like everyone but Fox.  That's what "they can't leave fast enough" means. 

And it was in context to the game being on LHN.  At least on ESPN+ our fans can get it without having to buy some wacky subscription to a satellite TV service.

Pollard can absolutely be a thin skinned cunt himself, but this frothing reaction is laughable.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Fuck you and your tired schtick. ISU has been earning countless millions it never deserved for decades. Your luck finally ran out and everyone associated with Iowa State is realizing that your athletics program across the board is meaningless and shouldn't exist. No one cares. You don't matter.

Be gone....

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Josef Pwag said:

Fuck you and your tired schtick. ISU has been earning countless millions it never deserved for decades. Your luck finally ran out and everyone associated with Iowa State is realizing that your athletics program across the board is meaningless and shouldn't exist. No one cares. You don't matter.

Be gone....

The dude who liked this post constantly bumps an ISU thread, so I guess it matters to him.

No college competing in the same leagues is going to be purely fans of another. There is always some degree of rivalry. ISU has never been particularly hateful or small compared to some other schools (Nebraska, aggy certainly). The AD expands in that interview that he's tired of having to do two versions of everything as a conference, not knowing how many teams will be involved. He doesn't rag on UT at all. You guys calling him a nothing and cussing him are part of the reason why so many are ready to hate Texas and call us all arrogant. And in many cases people from the same crowd later complain that we are hated and called arrogant. Thanks for representing us well.

Good riddance to Baylor. To ISU: I want to congratulate you on your new business and I'm sure you'll do very well and good luck to you. Especially since your interests don't conflict with mine.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

No college competing in the same leagues is going to be purely fans of another. There is always some degree of rivalry. ISU has never been particularly hateful or small compared to some other schools (Nebraska, aggy certainly). The AD expands in that interview that he's tired of having to do two versions of everything as a conference, not knowing how many teams will be involved. He doesn't rag on UT at all. You guys calling him a nothing and cussing him are part of the reason why so many are ready to hate Texas and call us all arrogant. And in many cases people from the same crowd later complain that we are hated and called arrogant. Thanks for representing us well.

Good riddance to Baylor. To ISU: I want to congratulate you on your new business and I'm sure you'll do very well and good luck to you. Especially since your interests don't conflict with mine.

The only Big 12 school I truly hate is Baylor.  And it's not because they're our rival 130 miles up the road.  Everyone else I'm indifferent.  I don't root against, sometimes I'll root for because I like the underdog.  However, if we've fed you for the last 10 years and you're still throwing shit on us (on our board btw), then yeah, fuck off.  But I'll never root against ISU.

Beauty of all this is the remaining Big 12 schools plus the two cougar schools are swelling their chests out against the PAC leftovers.  You're in this position because USC stopped expansion.  

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

The only Big 12 school I truly hate is Baylor.  And it's not because they're our rival a group of hypocritical scumbag murdering rapists 130 miles up the road.  Everyone else I'm indifferent.

Edited by Laxtonto
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Vice versa.  I'm not going to be sitting around wishing Texas loses every SEC game.  I dislike many SEC programs more than Texas.  Especially Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 5

22 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Aggy... The great peacemaker of our time.

Bring opposing fan bases together for generations in mutual loathing.

Sometimes I feel bad, because Aggy fans were all nice to me when I went to a game there (except for RC Slocum, who tried to assault me - true story) in 2009, but fuck they're just too weird to function.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

giphy.gif

There have only ever been 3 rivals and will only ever be 3 rivals. The fact that Baylor considers us a rival does not make it reciprocal.

I meant that as in they're not our rival.  If it wasn't for the rape and rape cover up shit, I wouldn't care about them either.  They'd be like TCU.  Poor wording in my referenced OP.

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

meh.  I kind of like Iowa State and feel for them as they become the sole team the rig12 officials are allowed to bet against.   I also do not follow cfb as closely as I used to, and do not know the names of ADs for all schools within the conference.    I guess he isn't as cunty as others.  And I can appreciate his position on wanting stability within the conference or knowing if there is even going to be a conference, but again, this move was predicated by Oklahoma, and he had a chance to mention that and chose to make a quip.  

I don't care if people think we are arrogant.  Usually, that opinion comes from the uninformed and from the dregs of college football fandom to which facts are never material to their story.  Such as no one talks about how Texas and OU turned down the bribe to keep the B12 together while aggy took the money and still left.  No one talks about the B12 Network idea that they rejected, the Lonestar Network idea that was rejected, only how Big Bad Texas got its own TV deal and how unfair it was for one of the largest brands in the Nation to do something like this that several other schools did in different degrees (I grew up in Florida and saw the Gator programs/tailgating on TV in the 1990s for fucks sake).    We are hated because we matter more.  We are the guy who kept practicing baseball after hours and became better which later angry people just attributed to 'raw talent' rather than hours upon hours of extra work.  They hate us because they were rejected by Texas because of the limits of the school and the desire to still function as a school and not a diploma mill.   They are the poor person crying about how the rich are all a bunch of classist assholes without a hint of irony.   

This relationship had run its course.  It was time to move on.  B12 just had to be as cunty as possible about it.  Now that it is signed, they are going to act like it was their idea and that they are not hurt, they have got a new best friend, and their new friends are better.   So they keep trying to tell us and keep talking about it.  And talking about it.  And talking about it.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this, but where again are you getting that the legacy XII were being "as cunty as possible"? It was widely reported that the legacy programs, OU/TX, and ESPN had it all worked out, Fox was the holdout. And before that deal was reached among the first three, what exactly is "cunty" about negotiating a buyout based on a contractual agreement? Most of us from the legacy programs have been saying that an agreement will be reached, and it's exactly what happened. It was later than even we wanted because Fox was holding out. Our deal is better than most expected, obviously less without OU/TX, but enough to prove we're not "worthless" as the conversation keeps somehow returning to despite most of us acknowledging that we would take a hit without OU/TX. Will the 6 or so SEC bluebloods complain this much about the "leeches" in that conference? Will those pledge fealty for all the money they'll be making being associated with the bluebloods? My guess is the next step will be purging the "leeches" or the bluebloods demanding unequal revenue. It'll happen within the next 5 years when the ACC figures out their situation. Bitterness has subsided for most of us (not including facebook commenters), one weird year, then we all move forward. I'm just glad that it appears to have worked out as best as it could have for everyone.

• Hook 'Em 6

15 hours ago, Gidnik said:

fuck jamie pollard

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'm sure Mississippi State and South Carolina will properly cup the balls.

I'd be shocked if they weren't throwing a parade ahead of the Texas bus the first time they play in Starkville or Columbia.  Hand out keys to the city, express their undying gratitude for Texas enriching them beyond what they've actually earned.  Maybe even toss Del Conte and Sark a few sacrificial virgins.  Who knows?

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this, but where again are you getting that the legacy XII were being "as cunty as possible"? It was widely reported that the legacy programs, OU/TX, and ESPN had it all worked out, Fox was the holdout. And before that deal was reached among the first three, what exactly is "cunty" about negotiating a buyout based on a contractual agreement? Most of us from the legacy programs have been saying that an agreement will be reached, and it's exactly what happened. It was later than even we wanted because Fox was holding out. Our deal is better than most expected, obviously less without OU/TX, but enough to prove we're not "worthless" as the conversation keeps somehow returning to despite most of us acknowledging that we would take a hit without OU/TX. Will the 6 or so SEC bluebloods complain this much about the "leeches" in that conference? Will those pledge fealty for all the money they'll be making being associated with the bluebloods? My guess is the next step will be purging the "leeches" or the bluebloods demanding unequal revenue. It'll happen within the next 5 years when the ACC figures out their situation. Bitterness has subsided for most of us (not including facebook commenters), one weird year, then we all move forward. I'm just glad that it appears to have worked out as best as it could have for everyone.

I think for the amount of press people, administrators, and others saying that OU/TX fans were dancing on the grave of the B12, now that the conference is stabilized those same douchebags are saying shit like "we can't leave soon enough" and "don't let the door hit ya on the way out", etc. It is just hypocritical and petty.

Hiring Yormark is truly the thing that turned it all around for the B12. Imagine if Bowlsby had been in charge of trying to negotiate a new TV rights deal. I am sure he would still be sitting on his hands waiting his turn like the wallflower dipshit that he is and the conference may not have survived. Now that ESPN/FOX has gone in with the B12, it is the PAC that is proven to be largely worthless without USC/UCLA.

The simple truth is that the economics models were never compatible. When Texas/OU made moves that were right for them, everyone else complained about it because it had such ripple effects on the rest of the conference. Our viewership was outsized, our revenue was outsized, and then everyone got pissy about us wanting a bigger piece of the pie. Fine, I get it (and yes, Deloss was a real dick about it). But now we are entering a conference where the economics are more evenly distributed across a number of other brands, so not everything is about what we are doing. Quite frankly, that is refreshing. We have been villainized for everything in this conference when the rest of the schools literally sat on their asses and did nothing for two decades except complain about what we were doing to further our brand. 

That said, I can actually see a scenario like you describe. Could some bottom dwelling SEC/B1G members be voted out? Yeah, especially if they decide that a 16 team conference or a 14 team conference, etc. is a hard cap. If they want to bring in a UNC, Notre Dame, FSU, or Clemson, then Rutgers, Maryland, Vandy or Miss St. suddenly looks expendable. How accretive would that be in terms of revenue? Who knows, but if it is significant enough I don't think it can be ruled out.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Seriously, I do not understand the vitriol. We have helped our conference mates for our entire time in the conference. Iowa State was able to make great strides in competitiveness in no small part because of revenue that was contributed greatly by Texas. That isn't arrogance, it is a fact. We never intentionally or maliciously harmed or tried to harm our conference mates, unlike some other schools that have left the Big 12 along the way. That isn't enough?

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The need for fealty is endless here, apparently.

28 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'd be shocked if they weren't throwing a parade ahead of the Texas bus the first time they play in Starkville or Columbia.  Hand out keys to the city, express their undying gratitude for Texas enriching them beyond what they've actually earned.  Maybe even toss Del Conte and Sark a few sacrificial virgins.  Who knows?

You are starting to get it, I am proud of you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Still upset?   It’s been 6 hours since your initial salvo.  Maybe you and Stache can do something better with your time?  I’d be on the cincy barecarts board if I were you.  

seriously when will you get over it?  Hopefully before harvest season

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sometimes I feel bad, because Aggy fans were all nice to me when I went to a game there (except for RC Slocum, who tried to assault me - true story) in 2009, but fuck they're just too weird to function.

Admit it - you got lost on the way to the stadium, didn't you??

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this, but where again are you getting that the legacy XII were being "as cunty as possible"? 

Yeah, see that thing with the Iowa State AD.  Pretty much the definition of cunty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3