Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Jimbo isn't getting an SEC HC job. He faceplanted hard enough that he has to go for a smaller program or an OC job. 
That's only if everyone believes the failure was purely Jimbo's fault. aggy has 84 years of failure among many coaches...some of whom went on to have more success at their next stop.

No way, no how would Florida hire Jimbo after watching him drive FSU into the ground.  If anything, they are still sending him Christmas cards for that shit.  Not that they took advantage of it, but still.

I mean, I can't see how any big program looks at the job he did at A&M and goes "yep, that's my guy".  I guess if you're really cash poor and can convince him to take the job for like $1M/year while he's still a top 10 paid HC for not coaching at Aggy, and you're just looking to make some headlines with good recruiting headlines, then MAYBE.  Not that it's open, but Miss St. seems like a good fit.  LSU is cash poor and he could recruit his brains out there, but they have some really high expectations of winning.  Jimbo's style of play is so freaking boring.  Even when he was forced to give up control and hire an OC to run and exciting offense, it sucked.

Based on what what CTJ posted, it has to be an SEC program, because I can't see him convincing any Aggy players to go to the Big12 or ACC.  No reason to even make the ask.  Maybe Kiffin is on the move and it's Ole Miss?  Oh shit, that would be hilarious.

2 hours ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

why the fuck would jumbo ever want to work again?  A&M gave him and his descendants life altering money.  his grandkids will be living large “running” the Jimbo foundation.  

As a fuck you to A&M? Using KKL as a source Jimbo is pissed at some silly slight. He wanted to get fired without cause sure but he also wanted the pharoe like funeral.

27 minutes ago, linux said:

As a fuck you to A&M? 

Would an even bigger fuck you to A&M be posting images on Instagram of fishing in the gulf from his giant boat that the Aggies are paying for? He should post them at A&M's game time each week in the fall with things like "Sad to see the Aggies getting beat in Starkville. On the other hand ... GIANT BOAT!"   as some young hottie oils his body. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Would an even bigger fuck you to A&M be posting images on Instagram of fishing in the gulf from his giant boat that the Aggies are paying for? He should post them at A&M's game time each week in the fall with things like "Sad to see the Aggies getting beat in Starkville. On the other hand ... GIANT BOAT!"   as some young hottie oils his body. 

No, because part of the humiliation is that the buyout has no offset. That is why Patterson came to Texas for a pissant salary. Had he gotten a HC job with a HC salary TCU would be partially off the hook.

But what aggie did was so monumentally stupid that you take a second job and double dip and rub it in. Also take as many players as you can from them for good meassure.

5 minutes ago, linux said:

No, because part of the humiliation is that the buyout has no offset. That is why Patterson came to Texas for a pissant salary. Had he gotten a HC job with a HC salary TCU would be partially off the hook.

But what aggie did was so monumentally stupid that you take a second job and double dip and rub it in. Also take as many players as you can from them for good meassure.

If he does that, I’d say the odds skyrocket of aggy filing a declaratory judgment action claiming no liability for the contract based on sovereign immunity. They still haven’t paid him the initial payment, as far as I know, and the yearly payments go on for the better part of a decade. 

29 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The boats name is “Reveille”

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, nnm said:

If he does that, I’d say the odds skyrocket of aggy filing a declaratory judgment action claiming no liability for the contract based on sovereign immunity. They still haven’t paid him the initial payment, as far as I know, and the yearly payments go on for the better part of a decade. 

I mean A&M could have done that last month too. Sovereign immunity means that they can do whatever they want. Granted I will agree that they would be blacklisted forever from the coaches fraternity. But they already got the D tier coaches.

That said I would agree if I was in his shoes. Don't rock the boat. It's the smart thing, but when has Jimbo been smart?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, linux said:

I mean A&M could have done that last month too. Sovereign immunity means that they can do whatever they want. Granted I will agree that they would be blacklisted forever from the coaches fraternity. But they already got the D tier coaches.

That said I would agree if I was in his shoes. Don't rock the boat. It's the smart thing, but when has Jimbo been smart?

Once at least

On 12/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, HtownHorn said:

Of course, Elko was going to make a comfort hire because his rolodex has 10 cards in it and half of those cards were his Duke assistants that told him to fuck off and lose their number. Now what i don't understand is why he didn't promote Robinson and bring in this guy with the CO-DC tag. Those two would have made for a decent recruiting tandem on defense.

Can anyone really understand aggy?

7 hours ago, nnm said:

A self-imposed death penalty with regard to any coach of (hoped for) competence would be the chef’s kiss here. 

IMG_4033.gif

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my neighborhood here on Galveston we have some Longhorns, Tiger Kittys and of course gomers. For some reason there does not seem to be the usual amount of gomer flags and such? Even wondering around the stores and streets the maroon morons seem to be in hiding for some reason?
200.gif

Same here in the woodlands. No maroon xxl sweatshirts to be found out and about and it’s fucking glorious.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.f9a999e0776ab02a61a80348cef630dd.pngimage.png.eb580b031b956770088cc46d3c1fc4a1.png

image.png.66045d48ed0bb5e48fc019af591fe224.png

image.png.c36c18f8e74632cbf7ffba2e35b24d73.png

image.png.f98abc37fc5362e7abf0b5de4ec23887.pngimage.png.d231e0bada7721a3b486b9e71451a32c.png

[This descent into the dull black recesses of Aggie paranoia isn't over yet. Beware!]

image.png.d6ec3e216966b48326ee8a832bef5ffc.png

EBIL!

This is a concise representation of the Aggie Honor Code about lying.

What he did get right - Texas is an iconic brand.

Walter Cronkite with “What starts here changes the world” vs. Rick Perry eating a corn dog🤡

Longhorn logo vs. (e)aTm(e)🤪

Bevo vs. Reveille🤣

Texas Longhorns vs. Texas Aggies (let’s drop the A&M since that is the only thing that differentiates us??? WTF)😵‍💫

Austin vs. Collie Station and (checks notes..Blinn and Qatar)🤣

UT tower lit vs. Soviet architecture

Ricky and Earl vs. JFF and the Money Bar🤣

Enrollment limits vs. diploma mill and cold fusion 🤣🤣🤣

Smoke show cheer team vs. milkmen 🤡🤣😵‍💫😱🤪

76 vs. 37 (and 5 ties)🤘🏻

I could go on and on….

Life has winners and losers. We win. You lose - if you chose aggy

image.jpeg.cdc8a7def8fabfaf88dc04811158c8f1.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.f9a999e0776ab02a61a80348cef630dd.pngimage.png.eb580b031b956770088cc46d3c1fc4a1.png

image.png.66045d48ed0bb5e48fc019af591fe224.png

image.png.c36c18f8e74632cbf7ffba2e35b24d73.png

image.png.f98abc37fc5362e7abf0b5de4ec23887.pngimage.png.d231e0bada7721a3b486b9e71451a32c.png

[This descent into the dull black recesses of Aggie paranoia isn't over yet. Beware!]

image.png.d6ec3e216966b48326ee8a832bef5ffc.png

EBIL!

This is a concise representation of the Aggie Honor Code about lying.

Had the game on mute last night as we ate dinner with my visiting in-laws and kiddos in an adjacent dining room. My FIL is a Brit and a former sailor. He’s pounding scotch and extolling the virtues of soccer and cricket as halftime rolls on and I try to ignore boring shit about cricket. I noticed a lot of longhorn video and then he says “Do you have this on that longhorn channel?” “No. That’s ESPN. “ “Well, it looks like a lot of bloody propaganda for your team, mate. “ “Well good, it’s been too long. “ 

I then thought “aggies are going to be shitting themselves over this.”

Your post delivered. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Had the game on mute last night as we ate dinner with my visiting in-laws and kiddos in an adjacent dining room. My FIL is a Brit and a former sailor. He’s pounding scotch and extolling the virtues of soccer and cricket as halftime rolls on and I try to ignore boring shit about cricket. I noticed a lot of longhorn video and then he says “Do you have this on that longhorn channel?” “No. That’s ESPN. “ “Well, it looks like a lot of bloody propaganda for your team, mate. “ “Well good, it’s been too long. “ 

I then thought “aggies are going to be shitting themselves over this.”

Your post delivered. 

spacer.png

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Oh good, a chance to rile up the Surly Curry Mafia. 

Every time I get a visit, I get to hear about how cricket is allegedly the most watched sport in the world. Every time I eventually have to end the conversation with “no one gives a fuck what some brits and 1.4 billion Indians are doing, man. “

Actually, it's the #2 most watched sport in the world. That's a fact you can use to sock it to your dirty Brit father-in-law.

Current geopolitics and global economics would disagree with your assessment that no one cares what 1.4 billion Indians are doing, good sir. 

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Actually, it's the #2 most watched sport in the world. That's a fact you can use to sock it to your dirty Brit father-in-law.

Current geopolitics and global economics would disagree with your assessment that no one cares what 1.4 billion Indians are doing, good sir. 

Well, for sports at least. 

1.4-ish billion people and they’ll win like 2 medals in Paris. Good grief. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, for sports at least. 

1.4-ish billion people and they’ll win like 2 medals in Paris. Good grief. 

This is sadly true. Maybe this will change in the next century. That or the Olympics will have events for doctors and engineers, then the medals will be next to guaranteed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4