Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

10 hours ago, Scholz said:

Petrino is laughing his ass off crashing checks right now 😂

Excellent Freudian Slip

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Has there been any updates about their point system for NIL?

No and I doubt there will be unless the NCAA grows a spine. They were told to cut it out publicly by the NCAA, and its still listed on their website as a perk

image.thumb.png.822f3382a2cf18aa907d7759b265dda3.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I am left wondering if the non sequitur creationism post is sincere or sarcastic. I am flummoxed. 

I didn’t realize they even had 3s and 4s at db. 

Aggy forums are the poster children for Poe's Law. 

image.png.1f5490253d96a6efccd8fe0b2a45a543.png

Coupla things. These guys don't know the story yet, but repeated assumptions that the player was ordered off the field have become fact at this point. Of course there are the usual Aggie posts about the players being pussies and other posters being pussies and anyone not calling other people pussies is a pussy.

And, sure, a third string guard with good knees should have stepped into the middle of conflict between Killer Addazio and a starter. Obvious.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Dewberry would be walking away from decent money if he leaves. Most of the NIL he’s set to earn this year is due after the May transfer period ends. Is he good enough to merit significant NIL somewhere else? Maybe. 

or maybe he rather make less but be happy elsewhere.. not all money is good money

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

or maybe he rather make less but be happy elsewhere.. not all money is good money

Hi. Welcome to the recruiting forum at Surly. Here, we remember how recruits behaved during their recruiting cycle and keep our heads fully out of our asses. In this instance, if you think Dewberry is going to do something that isn’t about the money, perhaps consider that this might not be the best forum for your interests and aptitude. To that point, the football board is <——- that way and the Cloak Room is ——> that way. 

• Haha 9

Better oline play means longer sustained drives, longer sustained drives means more TOP, more TOP means more opportunities to score, more opportunities to score means more points, more points means better chance to win, better chance to win means more wins, more wins means better chance to make conference championship, conference championship means better chance to make CFP, CFP means chance to win a national championship. It’s that simple, stupid sips. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Better oline play means longer sustained drives, longer sustained drives means more TOP, more TOP means more opportunities to score, more opportunities to score means more points, more points means better chance to win, better chance to win means more wins, more wins means better chance to make conference championship, conference championship means better chance to make CFP, CFP means chance to win a national championship. It’s that simple, stupid sips. 

they have literally nowhere to go but up based on FEI so i fully expect them to hang a banner when the offense is even slightly better next year.

• 94th in drive efficiency
  • 97th in points per drive
  • 92nd in drive yards gained / drive yards available
  • 99th in TD rate
  • 107th in value drive rate
  • 72nd in first down rate

all of this and somehow they were 54th in busted drive rate, 63rd in turnover rate and 63rd in yards per play

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, NoName said:

they have literally nowhere to go but up based on FEI so i fully expect them to hang a banner when the offense is even slightly better next year.

• 94th in drive efficiency
  • 97th in points per drive
  • 92nd in drive yards gained / drive yards available
  • 99th in TD rate
  • 107th in value drive rate
  • 72nd in first down rate

all of this and somehow they were 54th in busted drive rate, 63rd in turnover rate and 63rd in yards per play

All the while with one of the best backs in the SEC.

So my guess is Weigman will be solidish, RB way worse, OL better ( can it be worse) and WR/TE solid but way thin.

With Petrino running the O I am curious how this works out or if Jimbo even lets it happen…

• Hook 'Em 3

41 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

All the while with one of the best backs in the SEC.

So my guess is Weigman will be solidish, RB way worse, OL better ( can it be worse) and WR/TE solid but way thin.

With Petrino running the O I am curious how this works out or if Jimbo even lets it happen…

RB is going to be a struggle. they want Owens to step in and play, and he has basically zero pass pro experience. it's going to be rooooooooooouuuuuuuuugh year if he gets most of the snaps.

• Hook 'Em 1

I spent years thinking this is the year that they fall apart because of their dysfunction, and they pulled 8-4 out of their asses time and again. So I gave up on that dream as unrealistic wishcasting on my part.

then it went and happened last season. 
so now I’m thinking it can’t happen again, can it?  And surely not so soon?

but what have they done to address it?  Their hands are so tied because of the contract as well as their hubris. Petrino? A year of maturation from the team?  That’s also another year with these same coaches. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I spent years thinking this is the year that they fall apart because of their dysfunction, and they pulled 8-4 out of their asses time and again. So I gave up on that dream as unrealistic wishcasting on my part.

then it went and happened last season. 
so now I’m thinking it can’t happen again, can it?  And surely not so soon?

but what have they done to address it?  Their hands are so tied because of the contract as well as their hubris. Petrino? A year of maturation from the team?  That’s also another year with these same coaches. 

I think they will have just a modest enough improvement that Jimbo keeps his job. Maybe it is a 7 win season where the money guys can convince themselves that he is having to rebuild the program after taking a bunch of terrible character guys that blew up the locker room. But I will present a few predictions:

1. Weigman will miss games at some point this season. How this is handled determines if he transfers at the end of the year. 

2. They will look really good for the first couple of games due to their schedule, team health, and a lack of film with Petrino as OC, but then injuries to their front line guys will start to mount and they will fall apart down the stretch with zero depth behind them. 

3. Petrino will be out of this shit show win lose or draw after next season, even if he has to take a lower G5 HC job. 

4. They will sign a roughly top 15-20 type class. The elite guys just aren't going there under any circumstances with another crappy year and shitty coaches, TX/OU entering the SEC, and one would assume a rising LSU. 

5. They might knock off a top 10-15 team early in the year, leading to the crescendo of aggy hubris and claims of being back before the painful fiery crash. 

6. There will be some painful player losses to the portal either at the end of the spring or after the season, or both. 

7. Liucci will at some point go on a massive drunken banning spree for the ages. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Frankly it is arguably better for us if aggy luckstumbles its way to 8 wins this year. Obviously Jimbo + Petrino = divorce; there is no actual danger of the pairing leading to long-term offensive success. Let it marinate one extra year due to an unexpectedly slow fuse. How nice would it be for this gang of the usual suspects still to constitute the aggy football braintrust when we arrive in '24?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

Frankly it is arguably better for us if aggy luckstumbles its way to 8 wins this year. Obviously Jimbo + Petrino = divorce; there is no actual danger of the pairing leading to long-term offensive success. Let it marinate one extra year due to an unexpectedly slow fuse. How nice would it be for this gang of the usual suspects still to constitute the aggy football braintrust when we arrive in '24?

Would also be nice for them to be “rebuilding” when the “#1 class of all time” is supposed to be at their absolute best in ‘24, causing yet another decade of wait until next years.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Between Petrino, Adazzio, Fisher, Craig, Durkin and the lot, someone will try to murder someone else.

Try? This is a well-qualified bunch with at least one dead skin on the wall. They’re going to succeed!

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

All that's left is for DJ Durkin to kill someone on the team. It's fucking loony that this board has predicted almost all of this.

Look, we’re a bunch of psychos, but we’re a bunch of highly intelligent psychos. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Scenario 1 - Connor Weigman goes down for the season due to injury or concussion because he's ragdolled behind the atrocious OL. Max Johnson fares little better running for his life the remainder of the year. 

The good news for Aggies is that for '24, Jimbo's gotten a commitment from the perfect QB-injury-antidote.  Meet Maddox, the rugged athletic specimen who can survive any hit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

34 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The good news for Aggies is that for '24, Jimbo's gotten a commitment from the perfect QB-injury-antidote.  Meet Maddox, the rugged athletic specimen who can survive any hit.

So Maddox looks like he’s in the 7th grade. Awesome take for them. I believe they’re takin 2 QBs this cycle right? 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread