2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, immamac said:

We are going to go from great to great was my point. If you are going to argue about whether or not Sam was great then IDK what to tell you. 

Agreed, the best comparison I have is the pro bowl when Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are on the same team. 

• Haha 3

I’ve heard it here multiple times and Rod Babers said it on his podcast the other day, Card will probably transfer if not named the starter. He’s only a redshirt Fr who will be virtually guaranteed to start next year. He wouldn’t be able to play this year if he transferred anyway. Sure he would save a year of eligibility but he will still have 3 next year. I’m just not sure why many are so sure he’ll transfer. 

I mean, one of the main factors for people thinking Thompson gets the first crack is that Card is probably less likely to transfer as a RS FR from Lake Travis, who would still have two years after Casey graduates. He committed to Texas in the same class as JQJ, as well as knowing Thompson would be around after Sam left, so it’s not like he didn’t know he could be in that situation.

So I’m not sure everyone is so sure Card would transfer. Certainly most think Thompson is gone if he’s not the starter. None of us have any real idea what the eventual backup will do though

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

People saying that Card will transfer if he doesn't win the job are only making educated guesses, imo 

It's not even an educated guess. He is from Austin, his family lives here, his friends live here. I don't see him as a kid who would bounce the second things don't go his way, although that is not an informed opinion. Sitting for one more season would be a zero sum game since he would have to do that regardless. 

Meanwhile, Charles Wright throws his head back and cackles. Possibly from a 3 star Austin High QB to one sprained ankle away from being QB1 at The University of Texas within a year. 

This is why guys like Cole Lourd are a godsend. If Lourd was a 4th or 5th year player in the program, we really wouldn’t give a s*** if the backup QB transferred. 

1 hour ago, SuckitKevin said:

I’ve heard it here multiple times and Rod Babers said it on his podcast the other day, Card will probably transfer if not named the starter. He’s only a redshirt Fr who will be virtually guaranteed to start next year. He wouldn’t be able to play this year if he transferred anyway. Sure he would save a year of eligibility but he will still have 3 next year. I’m just not sure why many are so sure he’ll transfer. 

Rod doesn’t know shit. He’s surly posting over the radio. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Fud said:

People saying that Card will transfer if he doesn't win the job are only making educated guesses, imo 

Here’s My undereducated guess....

card is from westlake

loves the Horns

nil

sec.....

has a proven quarterback coach ( whisperer)

if Casey wins the start, it won’t be by much and it will just give more time for card  to absorb Sarks tutoring. He’ll be one play away from playing. If Worst comes to worst card will still have 2 years of being the start QB. ( jr/sr years)

just don’t see why he would transfer.

but sillier things have happened.

Edited by TexasTroll

Here’s My undereducated guess....
card is from westlake
loves the Horns
nil
sec.....
has a proven quarterback coach ( whisperer)
if Casey wins the start, it won’t be by much and it will just give more time for card  to absorb Sarks tutoring. He’ll be one play away from playing. If Worst comes to worst card will still have 2 years of being the start QB. ( jr/sr years)
just don’t see why he would transfer.
but sillier things have happened.

The only issue is that Malik comes next year and Casey still has 3 years of eligibility

27 minutes ago, Fud said:

That's true, but hopefully Sark has a very good idea of the dynamics at play from that scenario. Also as a junior Thompson could get 2 full seasons and Card would have to sit 2 before getting a shot here. I could see either hitting the portal if it doesn't go their way but probably not until after the season. 

I wonder if the NIL will have QBs who aren't sure fire first round picks staying around to complete eligibility a lot more. They could earn possibly better money and play in much higher profile games here than riding the bench or practice squad on an NFL team. 

12 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

The only issue is that Malik comes next year and Casey still has 3 years of eligibility

So say Casey plays this year and next year and graduates. You potentially have JR Card, RS Freshman Maalik, and TR FR Manning. 

Tough spot for Sark. 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:12 AM, NoName said:

to be fair, backups are not getting many opportunities to show off when you have a very clear QB1

And it's always a 7 point game shitfest no matter what team we played.

All gas no brakes is exactly what our offense needed to be the last few years.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

24 minutes ago, YeeYeeCTE said:

Sam had a extra year of eligibility. He took his extra eligibility to the colts.

malik is a very raw hi ceiling talent that may need a couple years of Work.

The reason I was always pissed at Mack and the reason I was always at the highest extent of pisstivity with Herman is not putting his foot on the neck of the vanquished. St DKR would do his best to lead by 28 at the half. Then he would send in the second string, and those hungry bastards would pile on more.....by the 4th quarter he sent in the 3rd string ...against exhausted opponents and it really got ugly! ( well....I thought it was beautiful....eye of the beholder and all....)

This did 2 things....it kept the starters mostly injury free.....and it gave real game experience to the back ups. Dont you think when Colt went down playing for the Natty that it would have been nice for Gilbert to come in with actual experience?.....no!...Mack liked that "deer in the headlights look from his #2 QB....but the big advantage is that everyone knew they would get to play.

God dammit!....Now I all pissed off again just thinking about it...

Edited by oldhorn2
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Keilan Robinson: With the DL getting the better of the OL, it’s given the Alabama transfer the chance to show he can make something out of nothing. His ability to jump cut then immediately accelerate out of trouble has impressed. We’ve said it before but the staff thinks it landed a stud in Robinson.

Love this.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Like I said a few weeks ago, I think we are going to surprise fuck people up this year. I think the D will be a pleasant surprise and I think the three Rs in the backfield are going to be very tough to stop. Bama Robinson seems like a total steal for us. 

Agree, Herman's mind games also fucked with morale. Sark won't fuck with their heads, constantly belittle them, or feed them runny eggs and burnt toast.

That contrast is going to be huge and fresh on their minds. The team is going to want to run through a wall for Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

Sarkisian has proved to be one of the top offensive playcallers in college football. He called the plays in 26 games for the Crimson Tide from 2019 to 2020, and not once did the team produce negative expected points added (EPA) per play over a game. Yes, the Alabama program has been full to the brim with talent, but the fact that he didn't even come close to fielding an inefficient offense is truly absurd.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-football-five-underrated-teams-2021-college-football-season

Remember when we had 5 stars coached by Greg Davis?

Coaching matters no matter how much talent you have.

1 hour ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Awesome.

25 minutes ago, THUJONE said:

Like I said a few weeks ago, I think we are going to surprise fuck people up this year. I think the D will be a pleasant surprise and I think the three Rs in the backfield are going to be very tough to stop. Bama Robinson seems like a total steal for us. 

spacer.png

quiet you... this is supposed to be a secret

8 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

image.thumb.png.e1aaefd94090a514fad0e330ed0fcb1f.png

Someone get this made and sent to him.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

That's true, but hopefully Sark has a very good idea of the dynamics at play from that scenario. Also as a junior Thompson could get 2 full seasons and Card would have to sit 2 before getting a shot here. I could see either hitting the portal if it doesn't go their way but probably not until after the season. 

I wonder if the NIL will have QBs who aren't sure fire first round picks staying around to complete eligibility a lot more. They could earn possibly better money and play in much higher profile games here than riding the bench or practice squad on an NFL team. 

This is assuming that Thompson would beat Card out again next offseason

Why does everyone think Thompson is more athletic? Card played wide receiver in high school and is a great all around athlete.

I have eyeballs and seen both of them move in games and scrimmage. Casey appears to have elite mobility for the position. The only contriving factor is if Card mobility has been hampered by his inexperience and hesitancy. And with more confidence, we’ll see him tear it up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, CastHorn said:

I think this topic has been discussed like five times in this thread. Card may be a better athlete, but he looks clumsy and uncoordinated when a play breaks down. He certainly doesn’t look like a former wide receiver. When Casey tucks the ball he looks dynamic and natural.

Sark is a BYU guy at heart. He wants his QB to move in the pocket, keep his eyes downfield and make plays with his arm. 

4 minutes ago, Pods said:

Sark is a BYU guy at heart. He wants his QB to move in the pocket, keep his eyes downfield and make plays with his arm. 

Card didn’t exactly demonstrate  those qualities in the action I’ve seen. His eyes dropped & he rolled out deep with any sign of pressure. We’ll see  how much these QBs progressed over the summer. 

• Hook 'Em 1