COVID FAFO Roll Call

MaybeACoordinator

https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2021/12/13/pa-man-who-won-court-battle-treat-his-covid-ivermectin-has-died/6493657001/

He received his first dose on Dec. 5, two days after Vedder’s decision in the court case. After Keith received a second dose, the doctor overseeing the drug’s administration – a physician not affiliated with UPMC – ended the treatment as Keith’s condition deteriorated. 

Darla had written previously that she was unsure whether ivermectin could help her husband, but it was worth a try. The use of the drug was described as “a Hail Mary” intended as a last-ditch effort to save Keith’s life. (She would not say whether her husband had been vaccinated.)

hmmm...thats a real puzzler. 

• Haha 1

After being really sick on a few occasions (not Covid, other stuff), I've more than embraced my faith.  I should probably live like that all the time, but you know life gets in the way.  But I'm a firm believer in "there are no atheists in foxholes" 'cause I've been there in my own way.  I would think there'd be "no anti-vaxxers on ventilators", but the fuck WE ARE.  

Maybe, do they understand in those final days/hours, that a vaccine wouldn't really do them any good anyhow so they kinda ride down with the ship and figure they'll put a political stamp on their largely preventable death?  Like if you've been shot, you might still double down on your beliefs on guns or whatever, but you'll still accept a blood transfusion or surgery to remove the bullet?  But that's because those things can immediately help you.  Do these anti-vaxxer folks just stay the idiotic course because at that point, no sense in reversing your beliefs/narrative?  No fucking moderna shot while intubated is gonna save your ass anyhow, maybe go down blazing?  Is that the idea?  

15 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

FAFO

There has been a raging discussion on flying squadron, a forum I lurk on as I’ve always been an aviation nerd and grew up a USAF brat, with plenty in the brain trust there who seem to be ready to go down with the ship.  Compare that to the Reddit Air Force forum where most are on board with doing the right thing. 

Just another example of demographics in action on something that should be a no-brainer.  

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Blotto said:

that's not a "hail mary". A "hail mary" is a last ditch effort that still has a small chance of succeeding. An invermectin dose has a zero chance of saving his life, and perhaps even reduced his chances of living, due to the side effects of taking a medicine for a completely unrelated condition.

Also, regarding the doctor who oversaw invermectin's administration--

sounds like doctors' professional licensing organizations are about as effective at policing their own as are lawyers' professional licensing organizations.

4 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

that's not a "hail mary". A "hail mary" is a last ditch effort that still has a small chance of succeeding. An invermectin dose has a zero chance of saving his life, and perhaps even reduced his chances of living, due to the side effects of taking a medicine for a completely unrelated condition.

Also, regarding the doctor who oversaw invermectin's administration--

sounds like doctors' professional licensing organizations are about as effective at policing their own as are lawyers' professional licensing organizations.

I saw this on a separate article

In its response to the complaint, the hospital said she was told early on that the attending physician does not use ivermectin to treat COVID-19 patients.

A judge’s order, issued Friday, denied Smith’s request to compel the hospital to treat her husband with the medicine. But the order allowed a route for an outside medical professional to have access to her husband to administer the drug.

In an interview, Darla Smith described a long weekend of legal wrangling.

That included she and a nurse who intended to administer the ivermectin being confronted Saturday by security guards and a police officer in the hospital.

Smith said she had her attorney on the phone and made it clear she was not leaving. Ultimately, the nurse gave her husband the first dose of the medicine Sunday.

Because the outside doctor who originally prescribed ivermectin became unavailable, Dr. Gregory Wheeler of Upper Macungie Township stepped in.

He said Wednesday he is serving as an outside physician to Keith Smith, monitoring the dosing of ivermectin.

Wheeler said “multiple studies” show a decrease in the duration and intensity of COVID-19 with ivermectin use.

Wheeler is the husband of Dr. Chaminie Wheeler, a pediatric hospitalist who lost access to work in St. Luke’s University Health Network recently because she spoke out against COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

She subsequently appeared at a rally in Harrisburg in support of proposed legislation banning such mandates.

Gregory Wheeler said Wednesday he is self-employed.

He resigned from his position as an emergency room doctor at St. Luke’s Hospital-Miners in Schuylkill County in late September.

Wheeler and Smith’s wife said Keith Smith was given a second dose of ivermectin Tuesday.

Neither could say whether the patient’s medical condition had changed, although they said his physical appearance was improving.

“We are just trying to do the right thing for the patient with the data we have available, in using ivermectin,” said Wheeler, who has been a physician for 15 years.

Sounds like Dr Wheeler and his wife refused to get vaxxed and lost their gigs. 

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/pennsylvania/local-doctor-speaks-out-against-hospital-vaccine-mandate-we-have-to-give-individuals-freedom-to/article_1b84ffcc-0aa0-11ec-844b-6f5c0669dd1c.html

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

and yet, they are still licensed doctors, and were allowed to enter a hospital unvaxxed.

jfc.

On 12/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, Biff Tannen said:

It’s fucking nuts that these people would literally rather die than admit vaccines work. 

They’re not nuts really, I just learned that they’re “treatment open” to options that are clearly as effective as vaccines. Don’t be so close minded. 

An anti-vaxx GOP state lawmaker in Washington — who recently disappeared after being diagnosed with COVID — has died. 

Sat Doug Ericksen, a Republican from Whatcom County, passed away Friday at 52, according to a report from KOMO News.

https://www.rawstory.com/2656067722/

Anti-vax lawmaker? You hate to see it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

An anti-vaxx GOP state lawmaker in Washington — who recently disappeared after being diagnosed with COVID — has died. 

Sat Doug Ericksen, a Republican from Whatcom County, passed away Friday at 52, according to a report from KOMO News.

https://www.rawstory.com/2656067722/

Anti-vax lawmaker? You hate to see it.

He was so very anti-everything.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

What a bummer

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/18/politics/washington-state-senator/index.html

A Washington state senator has died a month after confirming with a local radio station he was in El Salvador and sick with Covid-19.

State Sen. Doug Ericksen's family announced his death through a statement issued Saturday by the Washington State Senate Republican Caucus, but they did not state the cause of his death.

"We are heartbroken to share that our husband and father passed away on Friday, Dec. 17. Please keep our family in your prayers and thank you for continuing to respect our privacy in this extremely difficult time," the statement said.

Ericksen had repeatedly called for the resignation of Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee, in numerous posts on his website. His latest news release, dated November 1, said the state was the "national leader in authoritarian government."

"Throughout this COVID situation, Inslee has been out of step with the rest of the country," Ericksen said in the release. "He says his vengeful act was based on science, but it's certainly not the science understood by public health officials and elected leaders in every other state of the union."

Inslee released a statement Saturday in response to news of Ericksen's death, saying he and his wife send "our deep condolences to Sen. Doug Ericksen's family, friends and colleagues. Our hearts are with them."

Does that count as trolling?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Ericksen told KIRO Radio in November he was sick with the virus while in El Salvador. The station's news director said in a tweet Ericksen told them he was unable to leave the country and there were no available monoclonal antibody treatments.

In an email sent to lawmakers in Washington state on November 11, Ericksen said he "took a trip to El Salvador and tested positive for COVID shortly after (he) arrived," and asked for help in getting the treatment flown to the country to help in his recovery, according to the Seattle Times, which said it obtained the email from a state Senate staffer. 

So he didn't believe in the experimental vaccine, but as soon as he got sick, he wanted the experimental antibody treatments.

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

• Like 1

Seriously, after dealing with some relatives on FB this morning, concerning a family get together in North Texas this week, and them being upset that we were vaccinated because we are "shedding protein spikes which will infect us", I'm ready for burn-it-down mode.

Just fucking encourage every Republican you know not to get the vaccine.  Tell them that you are going to, but tell them that they should not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Seriously, after dealing with some relatives on FB this morning, concerning a family get together in North Texas this week, and them being upset that we were vaccinated because we are "shedding protein spikes which will infect us", I'm ready for burn-it-down mode.

Just fucking encourage every Republican you know not to get the vaccine.  Tell them that you are going to, but tell them that they should not.

Ok. " fuck you. We're not coming"

24 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Ok. " fuck you. We're not coming"

They are the ones afraid of us.

I did ask why, if they don't really think it's a big deal, they are afraid of catching it from us.

Seems like they'd be looking to be around anybody and everybody to build up their natural immunity or whatever.

45 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'd hate fuck her dead body.

3 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I made some faucet protection the other day.  Set it up for electricity, but if we lose power I slip in a tea light candle with a small clay to keep the heat.

20211219_120059_resized.jpg

20211219_120035_resized.jpg

20211219_120350_resized.jpg

If you’re unable to refudiate, enjoin. 

<Nod to SP’s & LB’s best words.>

28 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’ll bet Palin is vaccinated 

I would not be surprised.  And ironically, HIPAA would protect that from being revealed.

So how long until some unvaccinated (R) jumps on Warren for having a breakthrough case, and then the unvaccinated (R) gets it and dies?

Edited by atomheartbevo

I just learned that I am supposed to eat lunch on Christmas Day with my wife's extended family.  Typically 30 people or more.  More than half are reasonable, the rest . . . aren't.
I can't even wrap my head around this.  

Here’s something to wrap your head around: fuck ‘em. If you don’t want to take on that risk, don’t. Easy peasy.
  • Hook 'Em 3