Post-Game : We Won. They Lost. ULL is Ass

Hiphopopotamos

One thing I'm not looking forward to is all the stupid Card puns from the announcers. Fucking Brando coming back from halftime, "Hudson He's got all the Cards" with a shiteating grin like he's so fucking clever. There was another one like playing with a full deck or some shit like that. You can tell the announcers are gonna be tripping over each other trying to come up with more Card analogies. 

Other than that, fuck yes! Felt great to get a win and start the season off right. 

Edited by LarTXHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, LarTXHorn said:

One thing I'm not looking forward to is all the stupid Card puns from the announcers. Fucking Brando coming back from halftime, "Hudson He's got all the Cards" with a shiteating grin like he's so fucking clever. There was another one like playing with a full deck or some shit like that. You can tell the announcers are gonna be tripping over each other trying to come up with more Card analogies. 

Other than that, fuck yes! Felt great to get a win and stay the season off right. 

It's going to be horrible. But, one (or more) of them will land him some sweet NIL. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, LarTXHorn said:

Other than that, fuck yes! Felt great to get a win and start the season off right. 

When the deck is stacked against you, you’ve got to have an Ace in the hole. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Was so nice to see competent coaching. No fucking binders, no being headstrong and obvious on play calling, just good solid, fundamental coaching.

Really liked what I saw yesterday, it is good when you kick a team's ass but still have obvious places to coach up (O Line eg & the poor angles on that last LA TD)

There were a ton of positives from this group yesterday and it made it fun to watch as Sark basically said "We are bigger, stronger, faster, better than you and will wear your ass out" whereas Tom would have been "I need to play it safe because LA had a good year last year and I am scared"

Let's kick some piggy ass.

• Hook 'Em 8

32 minutes ago, LarTXHorn said:

I have a name like that, and that's exactly what happened to me my entire life. Lol. People think they are clever, not knowing it's the 10,000th time you've heard it. Those same people happened to be the "he's so articulate" people as well. Not that it would be a surprise they were the same group.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Yeah that's standard woman shit though.
I've been next to two grown men in DKE explaining football to a kid that had no idea what the fuck they were talking about. That olds section is lame sometimes.

At my first RRS, I was near a group of women that would cheer when our offense was on the field. I looked over and explained that they were cheering at the wrong time, and they looked at me like they were horrified I talked to them. To their credit during the next series they cheered with less enthusiasm before recognizing they were cheering with the OU fans.
  • Haha 2

couple pics, so hot, half of student section didn’t return after halftime, can’t say I blame them.  Great win! Oline is a WIP, also our left side D secondary was worked all game it seemed.  Something to work on for sure.  

image.thumb.jpeg.7a10aabdfd1874018f7ccc66267a887c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.765219fa4853ae9e7896868b0e7a8da0.jpeg

Edited by CrownKing
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, THUJONE said:

Interested to see how our D matches up against the hogs. They had a big day rushing yesterday against Rice. Yeah, I know. But still.

I wasn’t thrilled with our run defense yesterday. Seemed like they were constantly getting to the second level on us. I was expecting a more stout run defense. Could become a problem down the road.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Finished catching up on the thread and it is clear the honeymoon period is in full effect. Most posters stating "OL is bad but Flood will fix it" instead of the usual Surly experience of "What the fuck has Flood been teaching this spring and summer?" Is a good example.

Sark made good play calls, Banks is as good as advertised. The attention to detail especially on instruction given resulting in a blocked PAT is just jizz worthy. Bijan and Whit are amazing. Bend but don't break and lack of pressure on the QB will at times be frustrating but they did meet the goal of under 20.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, LarTXHorn said:

So you're saying they better play their Cards right? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Something that really fucking pissed me off was Napier at the end of the game. Three minutes left, you’re down by 20 to a better team in 100 degree weather, but you’re trying to score, to the tune of exhausting your fucking timeouts with under a minute left. The guy risked starter injuries for both teams not for a chance to get the lead, not to cover, but to look better on fucking paper than they did on the field. It was a forced charade so he could dishonestly talk his team up in the future. I hope that motherfucker rots in Lafayette.

Completely agree with this.  Sark called off the dogs so as not to embarrass ULL and Napier spit the bit and acted like a little bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

My observations, comments, fwiw (some has already been said)

• Coaching competency was night and day over what we've seen over the past 7 years.  
  • The first drive of 3rd quarter was a breath of fresh air.  I only seem to recall disastrous 3-and-outs in similar situations in the recent past
  • OL needs work
  • ST was extremely well 
  • Brando is an idiot.  In addition to all of the other other things mentioned above, he referred to Card as "Hudson Hudson" one time.  With ULL down 20, he pointed out that ULL had more first downs than Texas.  I guess he thought he needed to fill dead air.  He did not.
  • Whittington is a beast.  Some have complained that he spends too much time lifting; his physical strength and overall athleticism will create mismatches
  • Robinson, Johnson, and Robinson are really good (obvious comment)
  • I thought I saw Sark said, "Wake the F*ck up" to the ginger (not shut).
  • For as "smart" as everyone claims Napier is, the final ULL drive was foolish.  It served zero purpose.  Best case, you lose by 12.  Worst case, you get someone injured.  Lewis almost got injured on the final official play of the game.  
  • TCU scheduling Duquense is an embarrassment.  Duquense is a D1 FCS team located in Pittsburgh.  Their stadium has a capacity of 2200 (yes 2200).
  • OU looked like dogshit.  Historically, they improve significantly, but I hope they do not.  
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Lsu and Indiana lost.

washington lost to a fcs team.

that alone should move Texas  up to 18. Maybe a few more depending on how the voters punish some of the other losses like Wisconsin and Miami and the Carolina Mack browns. 

Georgia will probably jump to #2 even though they couldn't score on offense. Polls are stupid this early.

15 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

My observations, comments, fwiw (some has already been said)

• Coaching competency was night and day over what we've seen over the past 7 years.  
  • The first drive of 3rd quarter was a breath of fresh air.  I only seem to recall disastrous 3-and-outs in similar situations in the recent past
  • OL needs work
  • ST was extremely well 
  • Brando is an idiot.  In addition to all of the other other things mentioned above, he referred to Card as "Hudson Hudson" one time.  With ULL down 20, he pointed out that ULL had more first downs than Texas.  I guess he thought he needed to fill dead air.  He did not.
  • Whittington is a beast.  Some have complained that he spends too much time lifting; his physical strength and overall athleticism will create mismatches
  • Robinson, Johnson, and Robinson are really good (obvious comment)
  • I thought I saw Sark said, "Wake the F*ck up" to the ginger (not shut).
  • For as "smart" as everyone claims Napier is, the final ULL drive was foolish.  It served zero purpose.  Best case, you lose by 12.  Worst case, you get someone injured.  Lewis almost got injured on the final official play of the game.  
  • TCU scheduling Duquense is an embarrassment.  Duquense is a D1 FCS team located in Pittsburgh.  Their stadium has a capacity of 2200 (yes 2200).
  • OU looked like dogshit.  Historically, they improve significantly, but I hope they do not.  

Good thing Gingers don't have souls.

• Hook 'Em 1

Card was excellent. I expected him to be a liability - someone who has promise but will make mistakes in game #1 - but he was solid.

Compare Card to the freshman agroid, who threw 3 interceptions against Kent Fucking State. Wow. Not SEC ready, that's for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have a name like that, and that's exactly what happened to me my entire life. Lol. People think they are clever, not knowing it's the 10,000th time you've heard it. Those same people happened to be the "he's so articulate" people as well. Not that it would be a surprise they were the same group.

Are you the guy that’s into pegging?

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
6 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
Card was excellent. I expected him to be a liability - someone who has promise but will make mistakes in game #1 - but he was solid.
Compare Card to the freshman agroid, who threw 3 interceptions against Kent Fucking State. Wow. Not SEC ready, that's for sure.

*4 ints, at least by the official stat line

And you know all the aggy fans will be crowing about the blowout and Jimbo's genius

Georgia will probably jump to #2 even though they couldn't score on offense. Polls are stupid this early.

Yeah I imagine it’ll be Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, OU, either aggy or perhaps they don’t punish Clemson too much and leave them at 5.

Washington, LSU, Indiana, and Miami all got embarrassed. UNC did not look good. Texas beat a ranked team. I think they’ll jump to about 15.
  • Hook 'Em 1