House of the Dragon

crash_davis

56 minutes ago, kevwun said:

If Bran ending up on the iron throne is how he still intends to end it, he shouldn't bother because it's stupid.

That's Bran the Broken to you, sir.  Show some respect.

12 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Seems like Martin can’t say no to money. He keeps adding project after project, even when stretched thin as it is. I wouldn’t be surprised if he never wrote another book.

This is where I’m at. I’m not saying writing for TV is easy, but it’s a hell of a lot easier than finishing one of the most complex series of novels ever written. 

I don’t think he’ll finish, and his estate will piece together his notes, edit them, and release some half assed version of the final 2 books.

He’s currently 75 and extremely wealthy. I think he could live another 15 years within reason. 

So we’re probably a good 20 years away from any semblance of a conclusion in the books. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He’s currently 75 and extremely wealthy. I think he could live another 15 years within reason. 

rich or not, you don't see many 300 pound 70 year olds for a reason.  He's already exceeded the lifespan for fat asses.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is where I’m at. I’m not saying writing for TV is easy, but it’s a hell of a lot easier than finishing one of the most complex series of novels ever written. 

I don’t think he’ll finish, and his estate will piece together his notes, edit them, and release some half assed version of the final 2 books.

So we’re probably a good 20 years away from any semblance of a conclusion in the books. 

Maybe Amazon will license bits and pieces and make a super awesome tv series out of it.
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Green- Hightowers, throne usurper son who is now King, one eyed kid, widowed Queen Alicent, punchable face cuck knight

Black- Targaryens, Rhaenyra, Daemon, sea people, brown haired son who wasn't eaten by the big dragon

I don't get why this is so hard to remember. Or you can just use Google.   

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Green- Hightowers, throne usurper son who is now King, one eyed kid, widowed Queen Alicent, punchable face cuck night

Black- Targaryens, Rhaenyra, Daemon, sea people, brown haired son who wasn't eaten by the big dragon

Which side is the blond haired kid on?

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Green- Hightowers, throne usurper son who is now King, one eyed kid, widowed Queen Alicent, punchable face cuck night

You forgot Uncle fuckers on the black side

Screenshot_20240610-135741.png

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

That's pretty cool. 

I wonder how many idiots are freaking out about it because they have no idea what it means. 

I wonder if they're the actual idiots. I feel like an idiot for watching all of the first season.

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

I watched S1 (and plan on watching S2) and am confused by what it means because I hardly remember anything.

The trailers seem to be overcorrecting for the confusion in Season 1.

Fight for the true king!

We fight for the king!

War is bloody.

GOT used dragons cleverly by alluding to their power and making you think they were in the past. We then spend seasons awaiting and anticipating what Danyrs' dragons will be like and what they will do. It was breathtaking when one attacked with the Dothraki. 

Now they're all over the fucking place and I think of them as CGI elements. That they can incinerate an entire army makes them sort of like atom bombs. Who would ever march or go into battle in close order in the face of a dragon attack?

I'll see what y'all say about Season 2. I could be drawn in if convinced it's not another tedious season posing and screaming births (that seems to be the new gratuitous element in movies and TV now; maybe it will replcace actors vomitting whenever they hear bad news.).

• Hook 'Em 1

Now they're all over the fucking place and I think of them as CGI elements. 

Exactly. Even GoT towards the end fell into the trap of climactic moments being "oh shit, a dragon!" This show leans into the strategy even more. You just know one of those MFers will swoop in just before the sword falls on our hero or anti-hero

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

Green- Hightowers, throne usurper son who is now King, one eyed kid, widowed Queen Alicent, punchable face cuck knight

Austin Powers Nerd GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2024 at 1:15 PM, Jerry Callo said:

Two years is too long to try to remember all of this stuff, especially when everyone looks like someone else and have ridiculously similar names.  I re-watched S1 from E7 on.  Gave me everything I needed to watch S2.  

Watched episodes 7-10 the last 2 days, the perfect spot to start the rewatch.  Took a bit for me to remember some of the back story, but by the end of 7 it was coming back.   I feel like I enjoyed the rewatch much more than I enjoyed watching the show the 1st time, probably has to do with the first ~4 episodes being boring.   The last 4 episodes were a lot of fun and now I'm genuinely excited for Sunday night.

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I know the strikes are largely to blame, but HBO can’t go 2 years without any new episodes of their franchise series. I’m happy it’s back, but Season 3 better premiere in Spring 2025. 

IMG_1283.gif

• Haha 2