[BAN HAMMER THREAD] Washington St fires HC and assistants - Football only

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

You will stop laughing when it comes true. Then it's pimphands turn to laugh and laugh and laugh 

Football related: Coaching carousel is early this year 

I get the impression that PimpHand just constantly laughs no matter the situation. I wouldn’t use his laughter as a gauge for shifts in societal norms…

10 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

You will stop laughing when it comes true. Then it's pimphands turn to laugh and laugh and laugh 

Football related: Coaching carousel is early this year 

Which part though? The dystopian oppressive woke football only version of the world, or the world is destroyed, so alas, no football at all version? I guess he can laugh and laugh at the first version but not the second one, I don’t think.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Which part though? The dystopian oppressive woke football only version of the world, or the world is destroyed, so alas, no football at all version? I guess he can laugh and laugh at the first version but not the second one, I don’t think.

all of it , he's pimphand after all

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I am ok with the no football part at this point.  Thanks Mack!

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

mascot of racist fuck, Sully?  You talking about the Captain over the Hudson River or is that some other poster name here?  I'm lost man.  

Lobo is a word in Spanish.  And a former gay bookstore on the Drag, NTTAWWT.

Edited by Lobo

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

mascot of racist fuck, Sully?  You talking about the Captain over the Hudson River or is that some other poster name here?  I'm lost man.  

Lobo is a word in Spanish.  And a former gay bookstore on the Drag, NTTAWWT.

just that little ol school out there in Alpine 

• Haha 1

Oh, Sul Ross State.  Got ya.  Randolph Duke out front shoulda told me.  

Didn't realize their athletics mascot was the Lobo.  I knew U. of New Mexico teams used it, as well as the cover band from 'La Bamba.'  

Well I for one will not have my fictitious handle on a barely real internet message board be cancelled!   

Back to football---WSU has four lettermen from Texas on their roster.  Let's start by wooing them to transfer to UT.  None of them are lineman though.  and they've two more on their 2022 recruit list.  

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Oh, Sul Ross State.  Got ya.  Randolph Duke out front shoulda told me.  

Didn't realize their athletics mascot was the Lobo.  I knew U. of New Mexico teams used it, as well as the cover band from 'La Bamba.'  

Well I for one will not have my fictitious handle on a barely real internet message board be cancelled!   

Back to football---WSU has four lettermen from Texas on their roster.  Let's start by wooing them to transfer to UT.  None of them are lineman though.  and they've two more on their 2022 recruit list.  

Lil Penny is what I think of.

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

i mean we've recently experienced four quarters of this and lived, so let's hope for this one! 🤞

Edited by mchookem

https://theathletic.com/2900435/2021/10/19/dugar-nick-rolovichs-silence-on-his-washington-state-exit-shows-a-lack-of-guts-and-principles/

The moment felt perfect. Beer in one hand, chicken wing in the other, smile across my face and a beacon of hope by my side. This was the start of something new, something exciting, something special.

It was a Sunday night in Seattle. Jan. 19, 2020. I walked into Village Pub in the Magnolia area looking for the new Washington State football coach, Nick Rolovich. The man who would guide us out of the conflicting times of the Mike Leach era, which was a difficult eight-year run on several levels.

As a WSU alum who became a member of the media, enjoying the Leach era was complicated, which is also how I’d describe his dealings with the media. Leach trusted national media scribes to ghostwrite his books but he often he had no issue denigrating writers during availabilities. Leach in his weekly news conference would tell quirky tales about dating, battle axes and whatever else came to mind, but I also watched him make one of my newspaper colleagues cry during a postgame presser.

Appreciating Leach was even more complicated as a Black alumnus. On Oct. 19, 2016, I stood in the center of campus and watched a group of Republican students erect a Trump Wall, sparking an afternoon of heated racial tension that created a divide much similar to the one our nation would experience both during and after his presidency. Leach that summer was a keynote speaker at a Trump event and hanged a framed photo of him inside his office at the Cougars’ football ops building.

Spoiler

Would Nick Rolovich be different? Would rooting for him come without an internal tug-of-war? That’s what I wanted to know when I first met the football coach at a bar in Seattle. Our chat was brief, but it felt informative. As a South Seattle native, I wanted to know how Rolovich was going to recruit this side of the state. I wanted to know if he’d grow to despise Huskies coach Jimmy Lake as much I did. I wanted to know if he was personable. Above all else, I wanted to know if he was someone I could believe in. I left that night feeling confident on all fronts.

But in Rolovich’s 20 months as head coach, I learned how misleading a first impression can be.

Rolovich lost his job on Monday, a trip to the unemployment line that was forecast in July when the coach announced his refusal to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. By remaining unvaccinated, Rolovich is no longer eligible to be employed by Washington State. He was fired with cause, along with four assistant coaches. In a way, I learned more about Rolovich than I could have imagined when entering that pub in 2020. In less than two years as the face of the program, Rolovich taught all of us an immensely valuable lesson about the misconception that standing for something is inherently good.

When George Floyd was murdered, Rolovich put out a statement describing Floyd’s murder as an action that was “perceived at a certain level as black/white,” an oddly-worded sentiment that ignores important historical context. Rolovich in that statement also purported himself as color blind, another problematic sentiment at a time when seeing, acknowledging and understanding the plight of non-White people in this country is the first step toward much-needed empathy. I reached out to Rolovich on Twitter and through a team spokesperson to have a conversation and explain the danger and insensitivity of his statement, which reflected what he believed and ultimately stood for. I never received a response.

Former WSU receiver Kassidy Woods tried to stand for something. As did the rest of the athletes in #WeAreUnited, a player empowerment group advocating for racial justice, revenue sharing and pandemic safety protocols. This didn’t vibe with whatever Rolovich stood for, as explained during a recorded phone call between the two parties, and Woods eventually had to leave the team. He has since filed a lawsuit accusing Rolovich of violating his civil rights.

Despite this, I cheered right alongside WSU fans when Rolovich won his first game, at Oregon State in November 2020. I attended Rolovich’s next FBS win, at Cal earlier this month.

In between those two events, Rolovich stood firm in his refusal to receive the vaccine, for reasons that are still unknown. This is where Rolovich’s lesson becomes most instructive.

In order to truly stand for something, you must, well, identify what you’re standing for. Rolovich in July said his reasoning would remain private, a common yet flawed response from the unvaccinated. Rolovich confirmed he applied for a religious exemption from the mandate, even though it’s unknown which religion he claims. With those words alone, Rolovich galvanized a section of the fan and alumni base that proudly applauds his contrarianism.

But what is a contrarian without a cause? What, exactly, does Rolovich stand for?

The only thing worse than being foolish enough to forfeit a job paying upward of $3 million per year is doing so without having the conviction to explain why.

The only thing worse than recruiting players and motivating them to believe in you, only to abandon them in the middle of a season, is doing so without explanation. Rolovich, according to athletic director Pat Chun, didn’t even meet with his players after learning of his firing — the same players who joyously doused him with Gatorade after Saturday’s win over Stanford improved the Cougars to 4-3.

The only thing worse than hiring assistants and grinding with them to build a successful program, only to stand on an anti-vaccine platform that will ultimately cause them to lose their jobs at the end of the season, is not having the guts to speak on it.

By taking a stand against the vaccine, for reasons he was afraid to reveal, Rolovich ultimately demonstrated the real reason he is unfit to lead this program: He lacks principle. And principle is, at the end of the day, what a leader of men is to be judged upon. Leach, as frustrating as he was both on and off the field, candidly expressed his views. Rolovich left us hanging. He left us to try and understand why he viewed what is essentially a matter of public health as a “private” decision, even though it so obviously impacts others around him.

“Our student-athletes are the biggest loser in all of this when it’s all said and done,” Chun said after firing Rolovich on Monday. Indeed, before Rolovich left his players behind in the middle of a three-game win streak, he left them to answer for his vaccination stance. To stand beside a man who himself had nothing to stand on.

This is unfair to the young men sacrificing their time and their bodies for the program. Quarterback Jayden de Laura supported Rolovich. “We love Rolo,” he said over the weekend. In a statement released through his lawyer Monday, de Laura strongly disagreed with the decision to fire Rolovich. But he also acknowledged WSU football “has always been bigger than any one person.”

A player in his second year of college shouldn’t be in this position. He shouldn’t have to be more courageous than the $3 million face of the program. His statement subtly embodies the conflicting feeling associated with rooting for this program in recent years. Leach winning games was a net positive for the players and the program, even if meant empowering a man who didn’t appear to have much respect for people less powerful than him. Rolovich winning games was also a net positive for all parties; however, it meant empowering a man who alienated one of his Black players before winning a home game and seemingly lacked accountability.

For alumni like myself hoping Rolovich would be a much-needed change of pace from his predecessor, watching the program make national headlines for all the wrong reasons over the last year and a half has been exhausting.

It doesn’t have to be this way. Football coaches can be polarizing figures among their fan bases, but there’s a notable difference between bickering about recruiting successes or the on-field product and constantly having to decide whether it’s morally responsible to support a coach because of his views or the way he treats players. When I walked into that bar in January 2020, I wasn’t just looking for our new football coach. I was looking for a leader, someone who’d make Cougar football Saturdays feel more like a weekly tradition, not a weekly contradiction.

Rolovich never became that guy. And we’ll never know the reason why.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Apparently this post has been deleted.  I read some of the Adam & Eve book in the link.  What a fucking waste of time.  Essentially a compendium of creation myths.

And who the fuck calls themselves "Pimphand" anyway?  

I'm sure this will be deemed bannable but I DGAF because I challenge you to put this post in any particular box.  I'm more than happy to walk away from this place.

We didn't have the technology to mint bioweapons back then.  Get ready for SARS-Cov-2 with spike proteins glycoprotein 41 and glycoprotein 120 from our good friends Ralph S Baric (UNC/Fort Detrick, MD) and Shi Zhengli (Wuhan Institute of Virology's "batwoman") who under the direction of "hero" Anthony Fauci have aerosolized HIV already developed in a lab.  If you think this Covid-19 thing is bad hahahah. HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA man I feel so sorry for you (TrUsT tHe ScIeNcE indeed because this is what Department of Defense science gets you).  You must remember the elite have been publicly documenting their depopulation desires since at least 1968 as evidenced by this awful propaganda cartoon.  Everything in the Georgia Guidestones sounds awesome except that to get from 8 billion people to 0.5 billion people means that 15 of 16 of us must die.

As far as football goes enjoy it while you can is the primary suggestion.  The sport will be dubbed too barbaric by the woke brigade and by that time you'll be so beholden to your social credit score you won't dare put up a protest because life outside the social credit system will be worse than incarceration (see: China).

Walk into the mainframe for an eternity of subservience or stare directly into the infinite and don't flinch.  That is the beauty of our age is we were given the soul's choice.  It's time to separate the wheat from the chaff because the matrix will be reset when the sun lets off the next cyclical micro nova.

Suggested reading:

Hamlet's Mill: Studies commonalities of 35 of the world's religions (hint our ancestors are screaming from the grave about the micro nova armageddon/apocalypse across many religions, yuga fire, samvartaka fire anyone?)

The Adam and Eve Story: The History of Cataclysms by former Air Force pilot Chan Thomas- CIA found this book so spooky to our government they classified it in 1966 before declassifying a sanitized version in 2013 (The CIA even has the sanitized/declassified version on their website how cool is that?)

The Gleissberg Extinction: The Race to Mars - did it occur to you why Bezos, Branson, & Musk all want to get to space without government assistance? So our star (the Sun) goes through 11 year peaks and valleys of solar activity called Solar Cycles and within every 8 solar cycles is another set of peaks an valleys. If you go back to 1859 we had a solar flare so vast in magnitude aurora events were observed in the Caribbean, miners in Colorado woke up in the middle of the night, and telegraph operators around the world burned their fingers because of the geomagnetic storm.  That was Solar Cycle 10 so we can consider that a peak Gleissburg cycle which means if you walk forward to Solar Cycle 18 which was characterized by Giant sunspots including the 3 largest ever recorded in history since we've been monitoring solar events.  Well our magnetosphere has been collapsing all while our dependence on electronics has spiraled out of control so once we approach Solar Cycle 26 (the next one as we're in 25 currently) it will be BOHICA game over time for our modern society as we get ground into the stone age and have to survive the subsequent ice age (as our ancestors have done before us).

bigspots.gif?ssl=1

Reading this thread reminds me of Catch-22.  Godspeed y'all, you're going to need it.  Hint: you should be refusing and resisting not complying but you do you perhaps be less judgy of those who disagree with you next time around and I hope you left bread crumbs for your soul so that when you are presented with this choice in the future you can make more informed choices and perhaps help those around you to see the deception for what it is.

Adeus
Adiós
Arrivederci
Au revoir
Auf Wiedersehen
Αντιο σας
До свидания
مع السلامة
अलविदा
ลาก่อน
さようなら
再见

• Like 1

I almost didn’t open this thread at all. Then I read it from start to finish.
It delivered much like Tiger King. Each page thinking, “Okay, cannot possibly get any more crazy.”
Oh, yeah?

Obligatory football thought: Can they just forfeit the remainder of the season and appeal for extra eligibility for players?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Sleep off ugly said:

U of Nevada, I think, when I watched him his last year.

10 hours ago, bullet said:

Sounds like a lot of these posters know as much about college football as they do about Covid vaccines.  It was Nevada.  I saw him play.  Never knew he was Black until he started his protesting.

NV opened at South Bend that year.  That day Kapernick spent a lot of time on his knees. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

This thread is why I hate society and humans.  

I wonder if they have any o line croots worth poaching 

They have four Texans on their current roster.  IIRC, 1 is a RB, 1 is a LB, and 2 DB's.  I'd start with those guys in the transfer portal.

For upcoming recruits.  Class of 2022 does feature a promising OL prospect in a high-ish 3star, Jihad Lateef from Lubbock.  Got a Guard build at 6-4/275#.  Sure Texans will lose their fucking mind with a guy named Jihad on our roster, but hey...can't be any worse than 4 years in Pullman.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

They have four Texans on their current roster.  IIRC, 1 is a RB, 1 is a LB, and 2 DB's.  I'd start with those guys in the transfer portal.

Blindly taking kids that played Texas HS football is what got us in this mess. It's a soft standard. Ask yourself this, why would a kid from Texas go play football in Pullman? Probably because that was the best option to play DI. Was it a choice between Wazoo and Oklahoma or a choice between Wazoo and Sam Houston?

Also, none of those mentioned play the line which is where all portals should be coming from for the near future. A stud RB, DB, and even LB can play right away, the lines take year(s) to develop. Priority number one should be to get in portals and JUCOs who are already on the back end of the development curve to hold the line (heh) until you can develop your own. The line is what makes the result on both sides of the ball. It ain't rocket science, it's the base fundamental of the game since inception.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 1

I wasn't being serious, and agree with your line assessments.  Was just responding to Sgt Hulk's questions about who they have on their roster/recruit list. I was curious so I looked it up.  None of those guys are coming here so who really gives a shit?  Plus, if one of them actually did...fucking nutjob "Pimphand" would probably email him this thread and the kid would be like, "Uh...thanks but no thanks.  And good luck with all that." 

20 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Why does it pain you to say the obvious? Every gotdamned team in D-1 has at least two o linemen that could improve our performance.

Simply because it should NEVER be the case. How many D-1 football players does the state of Washington produce in a year? If Charlie and Tom had done even a  half ass job at recruiting the position we would NEVER see a day where we are talking about poaching guys from freaking Washington State! It does more than pain me, it pisses me off.

11 hours ago, F250 said:

This thread should have been combined with the cyclist "coal roll" thread to achieve ultimate awesomeness.

After the last two weeks of Sark after dark we need some off season distractions.

Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but we haven't made it to the offseason yet. 

Both the Bible and the U.S. Constitution are abundantly clear on their stances with regard to vaccination mandates.  

Enough with this interpretive approach.  Take the strict constructionist approach as Jesus and the Framer's intended.  

This is some John Paul Stevens shit right here, that's what this is!