Jeff Banks to Washington St?

BurntOrange&White

He's been a head coach for one game in his entire career.  He was interim coach for ATM's bowl game after Sumlin was fired.  I's not very likely.  The only other example of a FBS school doing something like this is Clemson and it was a very different situation.  Dabo had been there for 5 years as an assistant and coached for half the season as interim head coach before they officially hired him.

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's been a head coach for one game in his entire career.  He was interim coach for ATM's bowl game after Sumlin was fired.  I's not very likely.  The only other example of a FBS school doing something like this is Clemson and it was a very different situation.  Dabo had been there for 5 years as an assistant and coached for half the season as interim head coach before they officially hired him.

This is Washington State. They can afford to take these type of chances. Hopefully we force him to take Kwiatkowski with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nuge said:

I would think Choate would draw more interest from Wazzu.

This would make way more sense.  His entire coaching tenure has been in Washington, Idaho, Utah, and Montana prior to coming to Texas, along with 4 years as a head coach at Montana. 

Not to mention his team at Montana got better every year 

4-7 -> 5-6 -> 8-5 (second round of FCS playoffs) -> 11-4 (FCS semifinals) 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This would make way more sense.  His entire coaching tenure has been in Washington, Idaho, Utah, and Montana prior to coming to Texas, along with 4 years as a head coach at Montana. 

IIRC Choate was quoted after his hire here that the move from HC at a small school to linebacker coach at Texas would actually help him land a higher profile HC gig in the future.  Something like that.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Just saw that Rolovich is suing. That is going to be a complete mess, I wouldn't worry about Banks at this point.

Just saw that Rolovich is suing. That is going to be a complete mess, I wouldn't worry about Banks at this point.

Waste of time.  He won't win

This is Washington State. They can afford to take these type of chances. Hopefully we force him to take Kwiatkowski with him.

And if I were WSU I'd look for a guy that can recruit Texas

I mean as @closetojumpingsaid the likeliest reason it happens is because we can't have nice things or whatever, but when has Washington State ever been a destination school for a hot name? There's only one I can think of and he almost doesn't count because he's so weird.

Going back in time here is the list of schools where Washington State hires have come from:

Washington State
Hawaii
Unemployed
Eastern Washington
The Citadel
Weber State
Wyoming

I don't see them hiring Banks or Grinch.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean as @closetojumpingsaid the likeliest reason it happens is because we can't have nice things or whatever, but when has Washington State ever been a destination school for a hot name? There's only one I can think of and he almost doesn't count because he's so weird.

Going back in time here is the list of schools where Washington State hires have come from:

Washington State
Hawaii
Unemployed
Eastern Washington
The Citadel
Weber State
Wyoming

Choate makes a lot of sense at Washington State.  Grinch probably waits for a different HC gig.  

I mean as [mention=429]closetojumping[/mention]said the likeliest reason it happens is because we can't have nice things or whatever, but when has Washington State ever been a destination school for a hot name? There's only one I can think of and he almost doesn't count because he's so weird.
Washington State
Hawaii
Unemployed
Eastern Washington
The Citadel
Weber State
Wyoming
Did you miss the part about Banks being an ex player? If they want him he's taking it..

Not to mention the gf and monkey have expensive tastes, cant live on assitants salary.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Why would that change anything?

They still have to hire a coach

Edited by Nope

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Counterpoint.. He coaches our linebackers. 

27 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I thought they might go after the HC of San Jose State, Brent Brennan, or if they miss Leach, and the air raid, Graham Harrell current OC out of USC. 

Why would Harrell give up tailgating in a boat at USC to work in Pullman? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

Depends on how his contract is written.

They are firing him for cause. He claimed a religious exemption and he’s Catholic. The fucking pope says go get vaccinated. Unless he has a clause that says he hast to be paid even if he is fired for cause, he’s fucked

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Washington State
Hawaii
Unemployed
Eastern Washington
The Citadel
Weber State
Wyoming

Banks went to WSU

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

They are firing him for cause. He claimed a religious exemption and he’s Catholic. The fucking pope says go get vaccinated. Unless he has a clause that says he hast to be paid even if he is fired for cause, he’s fucked

He's a contract employee, they won't be able to get rid of him for cause on a newly created condition.  He's gone but will get paid to leave.

Edited by JBJ