I just want to thank the Longhorn Football program

Kel Varnsen

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Jesus get over it. Turn on FOX and watch MSU and UM. These kids are probably 20-30+ years younger than you are.

And then there’s this. Watching Harbaugh and Michigan go gas can and fall flat is entertaining. As long as he’s up here it makes for a great train wreck. 

Truth. I don't have the same time as I used to - only about enough to watch a game every Saturday. I didn't bother watching the 'horns play this week, and I feel a lot better for it.

It is what it is. I love the Texas Longhorns. I abhor this program (as it currently stands). Neither the players nor the coaches look like they give a damn (outside of Robinson). That's inexcusable.

Edited by Doc.Pringles

Watching Longhorn football has devolved into what I imagine a colonoscopy will be like. You feel obligated to do it, although you don't really look forward to it. The exprience itself is uncomfortable. And even if it goes as well as it possibly can, its more a sense of relief, and you're just biding time until you have to suffer through it all again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, mchookem said:

we'll be living in CO next season, thinking of becoming a Buffs fan. they also suck but there will be no emotional attachment and the views are beautiful. 

You don't want to do that.   Go to Golden, pay $10 for a 50-yard-line ticket and watch a bunch of engineers kick the other team's ass by playing flawless football.

• Hook 'Em 1

What is it 7 conference titles since 1973? 1 MNC in 51 years with a once a century recruit? Texas fans (including myself) need to lower expectations and quit trusting recruiting rankings. If the top brass don’t get serious about winning football games, The move to the SEC is going to have you begging for Kansas and Tech every year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

What is it 7 conference titles since 1973? 1 MNC in 51 years with a once a century recruit? Texas fans (including myself) need to lower expectations and quit trusting recruiting rankings. If the top brass don’t get serious about winning football games, The move to the SEC is going to have you begging for Kansas and Tech every year. 

This is why I have to check myself and any sense of entitlement. How many fans were alive for success during Royal and Mack’s runs? That’s it. 
Even our badass recruiting class with the best group of DBs ever has shown to be either shitty assessments or the players got worse by coming to Texas. I can’t decide which is the case. 
I hate OU. Can’t stand them. It sucks ass that they are a historically better program than Texas with mostly kids from Texas. 

Edited by XForce
Add
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just feel like I am trapped in the Hitler meme

I buy the tickets

((THOUSAND YEARS BITCHES))

I buy Texas shit

I decorate the house and yard

I go to games

I listen to the other fans ridicule me

I respond with " This year its different"

I buy more shit

We lose after a double digit lead 

(((bombs going off)))

I brush it off 

I buy more shit 

we lose again after a double digit lead 

I nervously laugh

((bigger bombs and closer go off))

I buy more shit 

I yell "adjustment bitches , we gonna win"

we lose after double digit lead 

((All my generals are whispering "nah man , its over"))

I buy more shit 

One single tear travels down my face

I anticipate another loss

((troops storming the building))

I buy more shit 

I am angry and want to be alone

I buy more shit

I have the thousand yard stare 

we will lose again 

Fade to black as Eva hands me my gun 

Edited by nineliveslost
dumb
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

You don't want to do that.   Go to Golden, pay $10 for a 50-yard-line ticket and watch a bunch of engineers kick the other team's ass by playing flawless football.

holy shit, they're 8-1! i've literally never heard of 99% of the teams they play but who cares, they beat West Texas A&M so i'll take it 😄

• Hook 'Em 1

After 10+ years of this shit with no end anywhere in sight, I hit my limit after the last two games, didn't watch today, and it was a relief. So yeah, I'm out. Not getting my hopes up over the offseason, not hyping myself up over Labor Day next year that maybe we'll magically be good again, not watching us hang with OU only to piss it away at the end.

I'm just done.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

After 10+ years of this shit with no end anywhere in sight, I hit my limit after the last two games, didn't watch today, and it was a relief. So yeah, I'm out. Not getting my hopes up over the offseason, not hyping myself up over Labor Day next year that maybe we'll magically be good again, not watching us hang with OU only to piss it away at the end.
I'm just done.

Congrats on not watching. Todays game put me over the top, finally. Fuck these dumb shits.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Dude. Colonoscopies are awesome. You get to totally cleanse and shit water the night before, then drift off into lalaland and wake up with a cool buzz that lasts the rest of the day. 10 zillion times better experience that a Texas football game

This is the fucking truth.

• Hook 'Em 1