2022 Starting QB bet

immamac

A battle of ego between the closetoumpings

closetojumping bets no one currently on campus will start next season for the longhorns against ULM (game 1)

closetohumping bets someone currently on campus will start next season for the longhorns against ULM (game 1)

discuss, comment, additional side bettors or tags along bets welcome. 

Okay, so who is this transfer quarterback that people think we're going to land?  

Or are people speculating that Casey and Card will transfer out?  Or that they'll both end up behind an incoming freshman?

I'm gonna stick to my rule of never betting on Longhorn football, but if I had to, I'd take humping's side.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Okay, so who is this transfer quarterback that people think we're going to land?  

Or are people speculating that Casey and Card will transfer out?  Or that they'll both end up behind an incoming freshman?

I'm gonna stick to my rule of never betting on Longhorn football, but if I had to, I'd take humping's side.

Nick Starkel 

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Some chick named Fortuna

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

A battle of ego between the closetoumpings

closetojumping bets no one currently on campus will start next season for the longhorns against ULM (game 1)

closetohumping bets someone currently on campus will start next season for the longhorns against ULM (game 1)

discuss, comment, additional side bettors or tags along bets welcome. 

Cross-post...

I feel like this deal is another scenario from "The Big Short"

Selena Gomez & Richard H. Thaler Explaining Synthetic CDO through BLACKJACK 

Margot Robbie -- "THE BIG SHORT"

14 minutes ago, Mile High Horn said:

I am on Team CTJ.  Therefore, I am betting that neither QB will start for us versus ULM.  Sark knows he needs to bring in better QBs than we currently have on roster.

I would be really disappointed if he prioritizes QB transfers over oline transfers.  Either of our qbs with be fine if they knew they had time in the pocket.  
Sure go after a transfer qb but we’ll get the same results until the line is fixed

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Casey is okay.  If he had Bama talent around him, Casey would be decent.  The problem is, this offense fucking sucks outside of Bijan and Worthy.  Whittington can’t stay healthy so he’s basically useless every season.  This staff needs a fucking difference maker at QB that can hit wide open WRs which neither Card or Hudson can do consistently.  They need a QB that can be a fucking alpha this team can rally around.  If I’m betting, I’m also betting Sark and company will be raiding the fucking portal to get anyone that can run a route and fucking catch.  It’s absolute embarrassing that this WR crops drops balls that hit them in the fucking hands all season consistently.  While in the portal, get some bigger fucking lineman.  All of Majors, Karic, and Kerstetter are small as fuck.  None of them can move the DL in this big 12.  They can’t do shit.  Bottom of the Pack SEC teams completely whipped us.  They need to completely change how we recruit OL.  Outside of Christian Jones and Hayden Connor, none of these other guys have true size with even remote average play.  Okafor and Imade look like Tarzan and play like Jane.  Tyler Johnson should just quit football all together.  We need bodies at this position to create competition.  

So yeah, I fully expect the coaches to start completely new players at key positions next year because the current talent is fucking bad and the coaches know it.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, XForce said:

One of them will transfer after the spring game so it’s not a bad bet. 

If Card doesn't play the rest of the year why would he stay? He beat out Casey and got pulled at the first sign of trouble. It wouldn't mean shit to beat him out again.

I can’t see a “better” QB than what we got, actually choosing to come play behind one of the shittiest OL in the nation. Like, as if the situation they were in wasn’t bad enough, they can come here and look even shittier all the while showcasing that they weren’t good enough to play at the school they left? Literally no upside potential for a transfer QB.

yeah I’m not gonna buy that. The starter is on the roster

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I can’t see a “better” QB than what we got, actually choosing to come play behind one of the shittiest OL in the nation. Like, as if the situation they were in wasn’t bad enough, they can come here and look even shittier all the while showcasing that they weren’t good enough to play at the school they left? Literally no upside potential for a transfer QB.

yeah I’m not gonna buy that. The starter is on the roster

A better QB makes the OL look less shitty than they are. Clemson hasn't sent dick into the NFL, but they had explosive offenses due to their elite QB play. It's amazing that people don't understand how a good QB makes the entire offense look much better.

Very few OLs are going to give the 5+ seconds needed for Casey Thompson to process what is going on. Shit, if Thompson had been able to execute the same read he had on Moore's TD, he would have had Moore with  walk in TD and a 21-10 lead. The 2 drops everyone is talking about pale in comparison to the layup TD Casey missed to Worthy, because of his shitty footwork leading to him throwing a fade away jumper of a pass.

You didn't need an elite OL to put those 2 TDs on the board, but you did need a good QB.

Casey had plenty of time against Baylor to throw for over 400 yards.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, chemHORN said:

I heard we are looking at a lesser known transfer.  Name is Yince Voung.  He looks like he is in his late 30's but his paperwork seems to check out

His official announcement ceremony is next week at the Cheesecake Factory