Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

It’s either LJ or Drayton is on the Oscar Giles nap schedule and just woke up from when Blue committed yesterday

2 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

I'd have to think its LJ related or else its rather tone deaf to make vague insinuating tweets on signing day when you are in the final 2 for a high end RB while not being actively involved in the recruitment for any other players still on the board. 

well, that answers that question.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pulling a kid from aggy in cy fair is like pulling a kid from LSU in Baton Rouge or New Orleans. I’m not gonna go full aggy and talk like he sucks or we didn’t need him or whatever, but it’s not the end of the world. Especially with two more years of Bijan and Blue coming in the next class.

11 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

What's crazy is as bad as this class is, had Herman stayed some of the guys Sark closed with don't happen and it's probably even worse.

Glad that shithead is gone and I hope Texas can pull some players out of portal/JUCO ranks to augment this less than stellar class.

Hope we don't have to go back to the RB situation in '89 when we had to resort to Jason Burleson (normally a QB) and Winfred Tubbs (the future NFL LB!) playing RB because of injuries.

Edited by BachelorTrek

1 minute ago, BachelorTrek said:

Hope we don't have to go back to the RB situation in '89 when we had to resort to Jason Burleson (normally a QB) and Winfred Tubbs (the future NFL LB!) playing RB because of injuries.

I hope we don't have to see Charles Wright playing QB due to injuries. QB room is thin. I am worried after Spring Ball one of Card or Thompson transfers. Just cannot see both staying here waiting for Sark's first 2022 QB recruit to show up.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I hope we don't have to see Charles Wright playing QB due to injuries. QB room is thin. I am worried after Spring Ball one of Card or Thompson transfers. Just cannot see both staying here waiting for Sark's first 2022 QB recruit to show up.

Casey would probably transfer if Card won but the reverse is unlikely with 2 years of separation.  I think Casey will win too. Card will probably beat out whoever the 2022 guy is /no @Longhorn94

If Wright has to play Bijan will just put the team on his back.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

Casey would probably transfer if Card won but the reverse is unlikely with 2 years of separation.  I think Casey will win too. Card will probably beat out whoever the 2022 guy is /no @Longhorn94

With the covid year, Casey is a sophomore if he wants to be. I think we're gonna lose one of those two. 

7 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I think we are safe if Thompson wins the battle. In that case Card knows either (1) Thompson plays great and may end up going pro after just the one year or (2) At worst he is waiting till his JR year with a solid chance of taking the gig immediately if Thompson shows the same inconsistency in games he has so far in practices. 

If Card wins who the fuck knows. If we do lose Thompson to the portal you would think SOMEONE out there would be happy to slide right on in and fight for the backup job knowing they would be one snap away from starting at Texas. 

3 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

If Wright has to play Bijan will just put the team on his back.

I hope so. Just seeing how fast kids hit the portal when they don't start gives a little cause for concern.

I cannot wait to see Bijan this season.

Just now, Danimal said:

This is where the first sentence is key. After they won it all in 2005, Texas was in the top spot. 

I'm not really interested in a semantics argument on NSD2, but, fuck it you 7 post asshole. 

The 2005 team won a national championship. The program is the team and everything that supports it. So, here's my reaction:

"If he didn't mail it in after 2005, we would be in a very different spot right now." - Yeah, maybe, maybe not. 

"He had the program in the top spot and every resource in the world to turn this program into what Bama is now." - Um. No. We will never, ever deploy program resources of the type and measure that Alabama does, especially not in the late aughts. And, the program Mack built won 2 conference titles in 11 years. That's not the top program in the conference, much less the country. 

Perhaps a more thorough account of what you're actually saying before you actually say it is appropriate to avoid this in the future.