Leaked video of Bo Davis going Augie Garrido on the team after ISU loss

Bruh Man

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I don't know how much I have to say it but I will continue to do so until people get it. Coaches are their scheme. They don't change schemes because the scheme they run is what they know. They go from place to place installing it. PK isn't changing anything.

Come on man, we used to rag on Greg Davis to no end, and even he was smart enough to change schemes from Major to VY and Colt.  I mean, he didn't have Major running for 100 plus yards a game that I remember...

I would think at the college level if you aren't  flexible or smart enough to change your schemes or at least parts of your schemes to fit your personnell then you aren't long for a serious job like UT...

How hard is it to adjust and run a pretty basic defense like Ash was running with these guys last year?  

8 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He tried to make VY a pocket passer until VY convinced him to fuck off. Greg Davis wasn’t some super flexible OC.

That isn't how it happened at all according to VY, it was more like they (Mack, Greg, and VY) had a sit down and came to a mutual agreement to make changes that VY wanted and was comfortable with because Mack and Greg saw that VY wasn't looking like the stud they thought they recruited and was not happy playing here...I guess it took them (Mack and Greg) a while to come around and see what needed to happen, but at least they were flexible...

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

The string associated with our program is the tampon string.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Our players are those three old tampons. 

1 hour ago, sportsbay said:

Actually, one is Dennison and the other two are the players.

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Lol. And our program is a yeast-infected, smelly pussy.

Gynecology talk not going away.

(Toxic) Shock the Nation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

Come on man, we used to rag on Greg Davis to no end, and even he was smart enough to change schemes from Major to VY and Colt.  I mean, he didn't have Major running for 100 plus yards a game that I remember...

I would think at the college level if you aren't  flexible or smart enough to change your schemes or at least parts of your schemes to fit your personnell then you aren't long for a serious job like UT...

How hard is it to adjust and run a pretty basic defense like Ash was running with these guys last year?  

29 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He tried to make VY a pocket passer until VY convinced him to fuck off. Greg Davis wasn’t some super flexible OC.

14 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

That isn't how it happened at all according to VY, it was more like they (Mack, Greg, and VY) had a sit down and came to a mutual agreement to make changes that VY wanted and was comfortable with because Mack and Greg saw that VY wasn't looking like the stud they thought they recruited and was not happy playing here...I guess it took them (Mack and Greg) a while to come around and see what needed to happen, but at least they were flexible...

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

This is pretty well known to real fans of the program.

This isn't the thread of rehashing old Gregg Davis/Vince Young takes. This is the thread where we motherfuck motherfuckers.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 11/9/2021 at 2:51 PM, Steel Shank said:

Seemed like Schooler was one of the few really putting out effort. He may not be the best athlete on the field, but he was sure as fuck trying.

Need more of those types of players.

Showing my age here… I don’t remember the guy’s name, but there was a walk-on QB in late 90s / early 00s. You knew as soon as he went in, it would either be a shovel pass or QB draw. He wasn’t particularly gifted or skilled, but he played hard on every down. Everyone cheered whenever he came onto the field.

Wish I could remember his name. 

Not sure a blanket statement like that can be backed up. Sometimes it do; somtimes it don't.

I agree. And wether it worked or not it still needed to be said. Played for coach Rhoades at NB High and he was mean as shit but he got the best out of us and we respected him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not going to quote the moron who says that "this doesn't work" as motivation.

But I don't look at this as a motivational thing. This was a "Fuck Around and Find Out" speech. This was putting everyone on notice that their shit isn't being tolerated any more and if they can't put in the work and have the mindset we need then they better leave before we kick them out. Because we will.

MFrs need to stop motherfuckering.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Go back to CR where you are king and post something cool about some politician you support and you will get those reps up in no time.

But it would be really cool if you stayed there and not post in other boards, that would do everybody else a huge favor bro.
Send him to the mother fuckin transfer Portal!

5 hours ago, Azbadlands said:

What GD did wasn't a scheme change. They simply added a read option and ran their plays out of the gun. That's really it.  Pretty easy to install that.

Now on defense that's a different story. A defense that has a 2 or 3 man front has completely different back end responsibilities than a defense that runs a single gap 4 man front. DCs spend their whole life building their defensive ideology to the point where its who they are, and pretty much run what they run until its no longer relevant, at which time they just drift away. That's why you see DCs getting replaced instead of them switching schemes. They can't. Greg Robinson was an old dude who ran a simple scheme that's easy to learn and great when your athletes are better than theirs. Chris Ash ran his 4-2-5 at all the schools he was at. Its just how it goes. They ad wrinkles but not wholesale changes. So if you don't like a guy you go get another guy.

3 hours ago, Modessit said:

But I don't look at this as a motivational thing. This was a "Fuck Around and Find Out" speech. This was putting everyone on notice that their shit isn't being tolerated any more and if they can't put in the work and have the mindset we need then they better leave before we kick them out. Because we will.

"Bo Davis" was my first language as a child. I will translate. 

Me and the other coaches been talking and we decided y'all MFers ain't shit, and we intend to find some MFers who are about they shit to replace y'all ain't shit MFers. Right now, we gotta roll with y'all ain't shit MFers in order to field a team, but rest assured, as soon as we can we bout to start putting these empty boxes in front of lockers, starting with the ain't shit MFer with the camera back there thinking he funny. Y'all MFers think its a game? This ain't no game. When you get in between my money and your scholarship you gonna fuck around and find out which one is more important to me, and the rest of these coaches around here, because we got bills to pay. The portal is the new plank MFers, and some of y'all about to walk it. You can do it on your own or with a gun at your back MFers, but either way MFers will be in it. Look around the bus. See these other coaches sipping tea and looking the other way? You got-damned right they don't give a damn about y'all MFers' feelings right now.

giphy.gif

eating-minding-my-business.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5637919

celion-dion-ignore.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

Showing my age here… I don’t remember the guy’s name, but there was a walk-on QB in late 90s / early 00s. You knew as soon as he went in, it would either be a shovel pass or QB draw. He wasn’t particularly gifted or skilled, but he played hard on every down. Everyone cheered whenever he came onto the field.

How soon we forget.
giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

That’s basically been every QB since 2011

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

Brett Robin or something like that? He was a painful reminder for me that the team wasn’t quite ready to be amongst the elite. 

Edited by DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

Probably beau Trahan. He was a wild man on special teams.

6 hours ago, Modessit said:

You're right - that's not a motivational thing.  That's a coach who's poured his heart and soul into making players better finally snapping at the astonishing lack of give-a-shit-about-getting-better he sees in that group of players.

Whe he says, "I got my ass kicked today," I feel like he's saying, "Why didn't you get YOUR asses kicked today?  Why doesn't this bother you the way it bothers me?"

And they can't say shit, most of them.  They just don't hate to lose the way winners hate to lose.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

For a healthy program with a reasonable succession plan from one coach to the next 2-3 years is plenty of time. We are the opposite of that and it will take more time.

I think they should get 5 years unless they display incompetence or are an asshole as long as their are signs of improvement year over year. See our last two coaches. I'd say 4 years now with the portal without coordinators being dumped after a year or two.

And I'm not discounting the fact that the previous two coaches made their bed with horrendous staffs from the outset. Those needed overhauls. I don't think that's the case now. Sark can call an effective offense and PK was widely considered a homerun because he had been successful for years at UW. Sark the head coach is an unknown despite some people's insistence that getting sober and working under Saban couldn't possibly provide an opportunity to improve on his previous stints as head coach.

If we can really take advantage of the portal and overhaul the roster this year then Sark has a chance. If not we can continue this discussion with the next coach. Because you're right, 4-5 years isn't going to happen in the world today.

This year is on the players, imo. And I think that's pretty clear based on recent developments. Let's see what years 2 and 3 bring without overhauling the staff assuming things are moving in the right direction. Year 4 should be very good 10+ wins and if not then make changes.

I am of a slightly different opinion.  If a coach shows continued improvement and doesn't ever look like he is overwhelmed, doesn't sound like he is clueless,  keeps the boosters happy, then he will have time here.  Charlie failed on all 4.  Tom failed on 2 of the 4.    If Tom could have maintained 10 win years, he would be the coach.  If Sark can improve to that standard than he will be the coach.   He fucked up by focusing on Alabama winning the title, not watching Texas' tape, and not trusting that the players who failed at OL had failed for years, under good coaches, and he didn't use the damn portal effectively.  X is great.  We could be a 9 win team with an average O-line and no X.   We might even still have a Heisman (fuck that trophy) candidate on the team.   This was a major fuck-up in my less than humble opinion.   He needs to either land some bigtime recruits or have some dominant wins next season to account for this season.  No one fucking cares about excuses from Lee Majors.  (Was that Jesus Shuttleworthy?)

24 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

You're right - that's not a motivational thing.  That's a coach who's poured his heart and soul into making players better finally snapping at the astonishing lack of give-a-shit-about-getting-better he sees in that group of players.

Whe he says, "I got my ass kicked today," I feel like he's saying, "Why didn't you get YOUR asses kicked today?  Why doesn't this bother you the way it bothers me?"

And they can't say shit, most of them.  They just don't hate to lose the way winners hate to lose.

But if you took away their Twitter/Instagram it would devastate them.  Every last one.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn’t this cunt rag on the program?

Her son is a backup DE at Utah State and she is still trying to push her t-shirts on twitter?

And yes, she has ragged on the program multiple times after her som left but whatever it takes to keep the t shirt business going!

59 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Brett Robin or something like that? He was a painful reminder for me that the team wasn’t quite ready to be amongst the elite. 

To keep this on topic, Brett Robin was a MF.  A MFing med student who Mack's vagina gave more carries to than 5 star-studs sitting behind him. 

Ps no blame on Brett.  Dude did what he could.

Pps Brett reminded me of Christian McCaffrey even before I knew who Christian McCaffrey was.

34 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

When’s sarks next press conference?  I want his feelings on this public. If he even remotely walks back what coach Davis said fire him mid press conference 

He comments about Bo Davis incident on "Longhorn Weekly" that airs tonight on LHN.

HornFM gonna prerelease his comments from "Longhorn Weekly" at 11am on Craig Way radio show this morning...  

Edited by LTtxfan
Fuckin' Autocorrect

It occurs to me that if the players really were discouraging recruits under Herman, simply removing Herman doesn't remove the fundamental problem.

Even if they love his replacement, those players have exhibited extreme bitchassedness.  For which there likely is no cure.

We should have known that this roster is seriously tainted.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It occurs to me that if the players really were discouraging recruits under Herman, simply removing Herman doesn't remove the fundamental problem.

Even if they love his replacement, those players have exhibited extreme bitchassedness.  For which there likely is no cure.

Then get in the mother fucker. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The cunts were given the benefit of the doubt, but once some adversity hit, they cunted it up like the biggest cunts who ever cunted.  

• Rage+1 1

Probably beau Trahan. He was a wild man on special teams.
Maybe Micheal Ungaaaaaaar.
To keep this on topic, Brett Robin was a MF.  A MFing med student who Mack's vagina gave more carries to than 5 star-studs sitting behind him. 
Ps no blame on Brett.  Dude did what he could.
Pps Brett reminded me of Christian McCaffrey even before I knew who Christian McCaffrey was.

I’m gonna need you to explain to me how Brett Robin reminds you of Christian McCaffery. I mean, they’re both white, correct?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2