Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

Premature = we are going to kick the can down the road, spin up some thoughts and some prayers until society sees something else shiny and we can stop talking about this for a few weeks (days?) until the next mass shooting event. Fucking cowards. Why is doing the right thing so hard?

because doing the right thing makes the extremely wealthy scared of losing a fraction of their money. 

but we know that. 

and one element of the extremely wealthy politic soldiers do a good job playing to the fears of a large portion of the US - making change impossible on this level too as no true, honest conversation is ever allowed. The ground is laid with mines by them and everything is hyper anxious and threatening.

its fucking awful man. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....I have zero criticism of how the LEOs here conducted themselves.  It was actually pretty damn textbook -- you skip over everything else, with a single-minded focus on finding and neutralizing the shooter.

I'm sure every cop who was in Uvalde who watched this video is utterly confused -- "wait, that's a THING?  That you can DO?"

Still trying to understand how/why Abbott got 60% of the vote in Uvalde County. I find it befuddling.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Still trying to understand how/why Abbott got 60% of the vote in Uvalde County. I find it befuddling.

Because 60% of the rurals are fucking stupid fucks that don't understand anything and have been brainwashed for 40 years by conservative media.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dems that run on it (look at Beto) get shouted down by Rs and the 2A psychos.  Booker, I think, was pretty vocal about it in 2016 also.  But because we have such a gun fetish in this country, in a general election, it's a nonstarter.  It's so fucked up.  BUT this is something where I think it can really start at the local level.  I don't have kids and am not going to, but this seems like such a no brainer for parents to take to their local elected officials.

Then again, Uvalde went for Abbott overwhelmingly after their kids got fucking slaughtered.  

I know we know this, but it is important to remember some people have a gun fetish and they are certainly the minority. There are other gun owners and non gun owners running at like 80+% of the pop that want reform. 

so gun control enters the rooming hanging out with healthcare, abortion, the muslims, the gays, and the trans, creating cultural havoc and silly, always repeating arguments around hyperbolic views that are only shared by fractions on either side. the large middle is left asking why?

only saving grace would be to somehow pull money outta the system. that ain't going to happen. instead you get this slow moving horror flick that will end in some horrible fashion. all along the way you are allowing your kids to be completely terrorized. 

I was remembering back to the 90s when I was in school, like most of you. crime was much higher, but the people getting shot in schools were gang members 100% of the time. nothing was a terrorist act like today. Because if we really cared about "terrorism" would be understand and try to limit the sever trauma being inflicted on our kids (and their parents) and here we are. nothing but the record on repeat. fuck i am venting and sick of it. When I meet Americans here down under, and ones with kids, they mention school shootings in the first fucking sentence when introducing themselves. Hi, I'm Frank from Buffalo and I am happy to be here where my kids don't do shooting drills. And I am like hey man, nice to meet you :/

1 hour ago, staboner said:

There are other gun owners and non gun owners running at like 80+% of the pop that want reform. 

so gun control enters the rooming hanging out with healthcare, abortion, the muslims, the gays, and the trans, creating cultural havoc and silly, always repeating arguments around hyperbolic views that are only shared by fractions on either side. the large middle is left asking why?

Yet no one stands up to make the politicians do something.  I admit, myself included.  We should be marching on Washington DC in the millions if what you say is true.  But we don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Premature = we are going to kick the can down the road, spin up some thoughts and some prayers until society sees something else shiny and we can stop talking about this for a few weeks (days?) until the next mass shooting event. Fucking cowards. Why is doing the right thing so hard?

Career politicians are the bane of society. That guy is spineless because if he said what he probably wanted to, he THINKS he’d be out of a job. Who knows how his constituents would act (he didn’t sound southern), but if he wasn’t worried about re-election, you’d get a human response, the antithesis of what that motherfucker sputtered out. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Because 60% of the rurals are fucking stupid fucks that don't understand anything and have been brainwashed for 40 years by conservative media.

Uvalde County is 80% Hispanic. There’s no excuse for voting for the status quo after surviving the slaughter of your neighbors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dems that run on it (look at Beto) get shouted down by Rs and the 2A psychos.  Booker, I think, was pretty vocal about it in 2016 also.  But because we have such a gun fetish in this country, in a general election, it's a nonstarter.  It's so fucked up.  BUT this is something where I think it can really start at the local level.  I don't have kids and am not going to, but this seems like such a no brainer for parents to take to their local elected officials.

Then again, Uvalde went for Abbott overwhelmingly after their kids got fucking slaughtered.  

Here in Colorado, at least some state lawmakers are trying to fill the vacuum of the federal government, but I have doubts this will be successful, even after the events in Nashville.

Democrats introduced an assault weapons ban at the Colorado statehouse late Friday (March 3rd), a move which is sure to inflame the legislature and potentially push away some in the party who have expressed reservations about whether the state could enforce such a ban. 

House Bill 1230 was assigned to the House Judiciary Committee where several of the co-sponsors serve, including the bill’s main sponsor, Democratic state Rep. Elisabeth Epps. 

Democrats could lose as many as 13 votes in the House and still pass the measure onto the Senate, which has a smaller Democratic majority.

The ban was introduced on the same day that at least a thousand Denver high school students walked out of class in response to the death of a 16-year-old classmate from East High who was shot near campus last month. The protesters made their way to the state capitol, where they were invited to come inside and speak with lawmakers as part of a lobby day to advocate for stricter gun laws.

https://www.cpr.org/2023/03/03/colorado-state-assault-weapons-ban/

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Uvalde County is 80% Hispanic. There’s no excuse for voting for the status quo after surviving the slaughter of your neighbors.

IIRC, that community is heavy on law enforcement/border patrol dudes and their families. Mix in the social conservatism of rural Hispanics and I guess you're at 60% for Abbott. Still fucking insane though. 

In addition to Israel, France likes to strike and burn shit when they're upset, like with Macron raising the retirement age. I agree we need some kind of national uprising in this country, particularly since the minority view has gotten entrenched into power through gerrymandering, SCOTUS/judiciary shenanigans, and the Senate. If the majority can't vote our way out of this, they leave us little choice....

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Watching most of Israel force Bibi to respond to their demands, makes me wistful. Man, I wish we could do something like that here.

Agreed, if they’re effort succeeds. I’m not sure Netanyahu has given up yet. He may just be falling back temporarily.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

IIRC, that community is heavy on law enforcement/border patrol dudes and their families. Mix in the social conservatism of rural Hispanics and I guess you're at 60% for Abbott. Still fucking insane though. 

They also owe a very not insignificant amount of their economy to hunting.  Until folks quit showing up by the thousands each September to hand them wads of cash, anyhow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

In addition to Israel, France likes to strike and burn shit when they're upset, like with Macron raising the retirement age. I agree we need some kind of national uprising in this country, particularly since the minority view has gotten entrenched into power through gerrymandering, SCOTUS/judiciary shenanigans, and the Senate. If the majority can't vote our way out of this, they leave us little choice....

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525dus19kq4qtfwdt1djo

10 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

image.thumb.png.662c185346eff333e18886c3f9131118.png
Edit: this is a the pastor of the church and his daughter when she was 4. Hallie, one of the 9-year olds that was murdered. Goddammit I cannot see straight. 

Thoughts and prayers.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Not sure why you decided to sarcastically post this. Do you feel better?

In our status quo, which you support by not votinv, it's the only thing I can offer. Anything else is just mental masturbation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Not sure why you decided to sarcastically post this. Do you feel better?

You think you're the only one with kids in the line of fire? 

What else have the people you voted for done? Oh right they took and continue to take money from the gun dealers and fear mongers.

So pardon me if the best we can muster is feigned sympathy.

Here is where I post the pertinent video again. Yet another time.

Maybe your kids can fix your fucked up politics. Because you won't do it on your own.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Curious on what her politics were.  I mean, we’ve established who’s fault this really was, and all.   

What if it doesn't matter what her grievance politics happened to be? What if she had to go through the same process as a Canadian to purchase her rifles and pistols?

What if. Because right now I can get a firearm easier than a lot of other less deadly things. Hell, I have to report large amounts of fertilizer if it's the same as what you make bombs with. I need an ID for decongestants. 

Maybe...t's just a thought. Maybe we should make it harder to procure a gun.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I know a lot of people think you are a troll, but you know you are better than that.

The last 300 posts have put the blame squarely on every single R from the suburban voter to Supreme Court justices.  The entire gambit.  The blame for this murderer. Not on her, on suburban Republicans.   I’m told constantly that as an R voter, I own the Nazis and proudboys and Trumps. Turnabout is not fair play?   

• Fuck You 8

The last 300 posts have put the blame squarely on every single R from the suburban voter to Supreme Court justices.  The entire gambit.  The blame for this murderer. Not on her, on suburban Republicans.   I’m told constantly that as an R voter, I own the Nazis and proudboys and Trumps. Turnabout is not fair play?   

No one is blaming (that I have seen) her mental issues on republicans (although republicans do not like spending money on such things as health care, let alone health care).

And you also know that your party continues to block gun legislation such as red flag laws, age restrictions and of course assault weapons.

Perhaps if we try to change that, this might have been avoided. Or the other 100+ mass shootings.

I’m still trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, please don’t be disingenuous.

4 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

They weren't brainwashed.  The media reinforced what they already believed.  The modern media is basically choose your own media algorithm.  People create their own echo chambers.  And if it's not Fox, then there's a host of others that will take their money.  They were already racist, xenophobic, and every other judgmental, narcissistic asshole that also want American education and beliefs to reflect their a la carte algorithm.  Because that's what they cherrypicked for themselves.  

But the idea that society went from slavery--Civil War--Jim Crow laws--separate but equal--equality (snort)--racist brainwashing (guffaw)--overthrow the government is a fallacy.  It's always been racist--overthrow the government because you're threatening my divine rights to supremacy if you don't accept my racism.  And accept is too light of a word.  Lynchings were a thing, and lynch by cop is still a thing.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I’m still trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, please don’t be disingenuous.

I’m a lot of things, but I can assure you disingenuous isn’t one.  Just tired of being told that I’m the problem, when I don’t have a fucking thing to do with this woman’s problems. I’ve got firearms, not a single one has ever been a threat to another human.   This woman took something from the entire country, and it doesn’t really matter what lever you pulled. 

• Fuck You 14

I’m a lot of things, but I can assure you disingenuous isn’t one.  Just tired of being told that I’m the problem, when I don’t have a fucking thing to do with this woman’s problems. I’ve got firearms, not a single one has ever been a threat to another human.   This woman took something from the entire country, and it doesn’t really matter what lever you pulled. 

You have a vote.

I’m guessing you would never have voted for Beto.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

You have a vote.

I’m guessing you would never have voted for Beto.

Nope. His policy on firearms was concocted out of emotion, in haste, and to suit his drop in the polls during his presidential run.  He is a well educated man, and this is an important topic of discussion.  He could have easily put some real thought into it, but instead we got a soundbite and DOA political career. 

• Fuck You 6

1 hour ago, royiv said:

In our status quo, which you support by not votinv, it's the only thing I can offer. Anything else is just mental masturbation.

Fair. 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

You think you're the only one with kids in the line of fire? 

What else have the people you voted for done? Oh right they took and continue to take money from the gun dealers and fear mongers.

So pardon me if the best we can muster is feigned sympathy.

Here is where I post the pertinent video again. Yet another time.

Maybe your kids can fix your fucked up politics. Because you won't do it on your own.

The post above yours is a guy who at least pays attention. Again, I haven’t voted for any GOP in 11 years. I’m guilty by apathy. That will change. 

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Nope. His policy on firearms was concocted out of emotion, in haste, and to suit his drop in the polls during his presidential run.  He is a well educated man, and this is an important topic of discussion.  He could have easily put some real thought into it, but instead we got a soundbite and DOA political career. 

How well thought out do you think Abbott’s opposition to any gun legislation, beyond the obvious political yield?

22 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Fair. 

The post above yours is a guy who at least pays attention. Again, I haven’t voted for any GOP in 11 years. I’m guilty by apathy. That will change. 

take sides. neutrality favors the oppressors, always. 

also…

image.thumb.jpeg.43ae8406f9907552f3890d82021c176a.jpeg

mckean is a national treasure. 

• Hook 'Em 5

The internet will make anything a conspiracy 

And of course, video of a training exercise just so happens to show the same pants with the same cuffs folded up, because that is such a common and in-style thing to do.

Edited by Hawndoh

People are so impossibly stupid. Yep, rather than a lighting/compression difference in different shots, instead what happened was this was all fabricated, the city of Nashville doesn’t actually exist, and the whole shebang got exposed because the THEY in charge had the lead actor change shoes in the middle of the filming for reasons.

Literally anyone who thinks this should kill themselves and stop Idiocracying the gene pool.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

This woman took something from the entire country, and it doesn’t really matter what lever you pulled. 

Yes, of course the shooter is most at blame. That's obvious. But, which is easier: preventing there from being any evil, deranged individuals in society (I won't even get into how little the GOP also cares about mental health care), or limiting their access to guns? You can do it.

Now, go ahead and put a number to it: between the two parties, how would you spread the blame for the current gun culture, climate, availability, and unwillingness to budge? If it's anything less than 80/20 GOP (and I'm being extremely generous), then yes, you are a disingenuous liar. And, yes, it does fall on your lap for not demanding more from those you repeatedly vote for. You know you would if it happened to your kid, but, otherwise, you just don't care.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2