don't look up

henrygandorf

• 1 month later...

I caught it yesterday.  I enjoyed it overall, but thought it was a little flat in places and it felt like it was intended to be funnier than it was.  I thought Jonah Hill was particularly weak, but maybe that's because he plays every role the same way.  Still, it's definitely worth a watch.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, RPM said:

It's Idiocracy good and that's scary. Well done. Was really impressed with Mark Rylance. Never noticed him until Bridge of Spies, but that dude is excellent in every role he plays.

If you haven't already seen it I highly recommend Wolf Hall.

That, along with Jennifer Lawrence’s recurring obsession with it, was probably the funniest bit.
Which is brilliant in its own way.

She's the warrior armed with the truth, pissed that no one can understand her or see the big picture. They all focus on stupid shit like polling or Twitter trends. The distracting noise.

And when she's pushed aside for being alarmist (although she's right) she keeps going back to something so stupid--a general stealing 50 bucks from them -it's almost as consuming as the impending doom of mankind.

Brilliant shit.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Didn’t like it overall, but lots of great cheap laughs.  I think Leo should have passed on this role.  It will be viewed as the worst movie he was ever in.  

You must not know how serious Leo is off screen about global warming, earth, etc… Jabbing at those who take it lightly and how dysfunctional/disconnected some have become is right up his alley. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Elvis said:

Didn’t like it overall, but lots of great cheap laughs.  I think Leo should have passed on this role.  It will be viewed as the worst movie he was ever in.  

I’m guessing you never seen Woody Allen’s pile of shit “Celebrity” starring Leo