• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 hours ago, ousux said:

The Elk is well aware of how to keep his job long past the expiration date.

Formula goes as such: beat the cupcakes, a couple of SEC cellar dwellers and tu most years and he can coach into infinity. Sure some aggy fans may whine about lack of playoffs and chance at championships, but as long as tee yew is kept in their place they won't stop financial support.

The goal is not to prolong employment, but rather enjoy the first couple years in which the aggy anoint you as a savior, a hero, and then you must simply endure the final two years while collecting a large paycheck. This precedes the final and ultimate goal: the buyout. And you never have to work another day in your life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be curious to see how the average Ag reconciles their blind support of the SEC with their blind hatred of us.
Their rah rah SEC! SEC! support ended the day the aggy mouthpiece at the Houston Chronicle leaked that tee yew was joining.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, speed817 said:

GNq-l4dWUAANw-L.thumb.jpg.529fdbeae9fd07bb86495e2f8445b96f.jpg

So, they're a team that has had their share of accomplishment in the SEC?  What the fuck have they accomplished?  Zero conference championships?  Beating alabama once every 10 years?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Has anyone else heard this from Ag friends- “Texas has no idea what it’s getting into, with the SEC. The physicality and grind is on a whole ‘nuther level”?

Ok? Yes, I can believe the linemen are bigger and even faster, than the Big XII, because so many more are drafted. I can believe that the SEC dregs will be more bruising than the worst Big XII teams. That every weak is a physical game. 

How are Texas and OU handicapped in dealing with that? How are we at a disadvantage to other SEC teams? Especially TAMU? 

The Ags tell me this as if it makes sense, that eight games in, we’ll be wishing we had stayed in the Big XII. 

I have heard this enough that I assume it makes sense to Ags, but damned if it makes sense to me. 

Maybe after beating the SEC champion by two scores in their home stadium, they have to wishcast some reason that Texas will fail?

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I watched that three times and have no idea wtf he is saying or what it is supposed to mean. 

Johntay Cook caused a minor stir during his recruitment when he visited Texas and said something along the lines of seeing lots of swimming trophies but not a lot of football trophies.  I don't think he intended it to turn into a thing, but it did, with lots of giddy shots taken at Texas by opposing fanbases.  The video in the post was a visit he took to A&M shortly after - he was mindful of his previous comments and this was his way of spreading out the mockery.  He knew he was going to be asked about what he thought of A&M's trophy room and pointed out the lack of trophies (this is why he said he wasn't going to have a double standard).

Much ado about nothing, ultimately.  Given the context it isn't the best way of making fun of A&M the way the twitter user seems to think it is, but c'est la vie.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Focht Up said:

So, they're a team that has had their share of accomplishment in the SEC?  What the fuck have they accomplished?  Zero conference championships?  Beating alabama once every 10 years?

Or playing Georgia once every 12 years (and counting).

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

image.thumb.png.4587164157692878b663f19ce862c66b.png

image.thumb.png.edfc2f8601eea580a0b84b27e6e6c107.png

The counting the spring game as a W to get to claim 10 wins after getting your doors blown off by Cal in a bowl game is still one of my all time favorite Aggy being Aggy things. Honestly kinda respect the shamelessness…

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

image.thumb.png.edfc2f8601eea580a0b84b27e6e6c107.png
The counting the spring game as a W to get to claim 10 wins after getting your doors blown off by Cal in a bowl game is still one of my all time favorite Aggy being Aggy things. Honestly kinda respect the shamelessness…

I believe That was the year they beat Army and Patton made his famous quote about Aggies and winning a war
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

The Ags tell me this as if it makes sense, that eight games in, we’ll be wishing we had stayed in the Big XII

Well, after 8 games into the schedule….aren’t the teams we will be playing, also be 8 games in?

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Has anyone else heard this from Ag friends- “Texas has no idea what it’s getting into, with the SEC. The physicality and grind is on a whole ‘nuther level”?

Ok? Yes, I can believe the linemen are bigger and even faster, than the Big XII, because so many more are drafted. I can believe that the SEC dregs will be more bruising than the worst Big XII teams. That every weak is a physical game. 

How are Texas and OU handicapped in dealing with that? How are we at a disadvantage to other SEC teams? Especially TAMU? 

The Ags tell me this as if it makes sense, that eight games in, we’ll be wishing we had stayed in the Big XII. 

I have heard this enough that I assume it makes sense to Ags, but damned if it makes sense to me. 

Maybe after beating the SEC champion by two scores in their home stadium, they have to wishcast some reason that Texas will fail?

Tell them you are sure Texas and OU will be perform equally well or better than aggy did when they had to play their first year in the SEC having only players they recruited to the Big 12 and coaches hired as Big 12 coaches.   You know....the BEST aggy football season for their entire time in the SEC.   

Or maybe like Missouri who won the SEC East in their second year in the SEC.

6 minutes ago, ABSR said:

Tell them you are sure Texas and OU will be perform equally well or better than aggy did when they had to play their first year in the SEC having only players they recruited to the Big 12 and coaches hired as Big 12 coaches.   You know....the BEST aggy football season for their entire time in the SEC.   

I find it best just to not talk to them.

UDl.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

Cousin Shane is the early clubhouse leader to take Finebaum's title away as  SEC pundit who most resembles a penis. 

image.png.4b7617db42d5b4b330588afc8a7f1c37.png

I don’t know about your penis, but mine doesn’t have ears.

4 hours ago, statsman said:

Yes, but from aggy neighbors and colleagues. I tell them, "You mean the Texas team that marched into Tuscaloosa and beat the SEC champion?" just like you surmise. aggy has no comeback to that.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, nnm said:

Ah, the good old days. Could easily be in the lulz thread. 

The delivery is a little different but I think I've heard that somewhere else also ...con man gonna con man

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Or playing Georgia once every 12 years (and counting).

I know there is a thread about this but I will very disappointed if the SEC does not go to a 9 game schedule soon with a 3-6-6 scheduling format.  I do not want to go a decade or longer in between matchups.  What the hell is the point of being in a conference with other schools if you play them so infrequently it feels like a non-conference matchup?  I am already annoyed that the conference has yet to pull the trigger on getting this settled.  Tell the bitch schools that don't want a 9 game schedule that they can take the media rights check and shut the fuck up and stop being pussies.

Now back to the regularly scheduled shitting on aggy...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, n64ra said:

Yes, but from aggy neighbors and colleagues. I tell them, "You mean the Texas team that marched into Tuscaloosa and beat the SEC champion?" just like you surmise. aggy has no comeback to that.

Sure they do.  That team wasn't 'bama Strong early in the 2023 season.  They would have waxed tu by December.  QED.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure they do.  That team wasn't 'bama Strong early in the 2023 season.  They would have waxed tu by December.  QED.

Never mind it was early in the season for the Longhorns too.

• Hook 'Em 1