• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Aggies just do Aggie shit.  Which is code for ... fucking stupid shit. Just focusing on recent history of stupidity...

This week they were proudly identified among the most conservative college campuses in the nation.  But fiscally they are really, really really dumb.  They just botched a hire where they gave a settlement to the head of the UT department of Journalism... Because they were so conservative, they allowed the evil of diversity to not want a former A&M graduate who made an incredible name for herself. Cost $1 million.

They also love to make long term guaranteed football head coach contracts.  Where they paid Kevin Sumlin 10 million not to coach, after amassing a .667 winning percentage. And presently are looking at a $70 Million buyout of Jimbo Fisher.  Since Jimbo signed his 10 year no cut contract prior to the 2021 season the Aggies have had a #1 recruiting class and a 15-12 record with their a $9 million a year coach!  Here is the buyout by year for Fisher-

Jimbo Fisher's Buyout: Amount & Breakdown
2022: $85,950,000.
2023: $76,800,000.
2024: $67,550,000.
2026: $48,750,000.
2027: $39,200,000.
2028: $29,550,000.
2029: $19,800,000.
2030: $9,950,000.

I too believe that A&M is a very socially conservative campus. But the amount of money they spend where they receive nothing at all in return, is staggering.  And that is FUCKING STUPID!

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Aggies just do Aggie shit.  Which is code for ... fucking stupid shit. Just focusing on recent history of stupidity...

This week they were proudly identified among the most conservative college campuses in the nation.  But fiscally they are really, really really dumb.  They just botched a hire where they gave a settlement to the head of the UT department of Journalism... Because they were so conservative, they allowed the evil of diversity to not want a former A&M graduate who made an incredible name for herself. Cost $1 million.

They also love to make long term guaranteed football head coach contracts.  Where they paid Kevin Sumlin 10 million not to coach, after amassing a .667 winning percentage. And presently are looking at a $70 Million buyout of Jimbo Fisher.  Since Jimbo signed his 10 year no cut contract prior to the 2021 season the Aggies have had a #1 recruiting class and a 15-12 record with their a $9 million a year coach!  Here is the buyout by year for Fisher-

Jimbo Fisher's Buyout: Amount & Breakdown
2022: $85,950,000.
2023: $76,800,000.
2024: $67,550,000.
2026: $48,750,000.
2027: $39,200,000.
2028: $29,550,000.
2029: $19,800,000.
2030: $9,950,000.

I too believe that A&M is a very socially conservative campus. But the amount of money they spend where they receive nothing at all in return, is staggering.  And that is FUCKING STUPID!

While the numbers are daunting as a whole the payout is structured not so badly....yes it's massive and they will be paying Jimbo 5-8 million per year through 2031 if they do fire but only 25% of the buyout is due within 60 days, 120 days after the first 60 days the yearly payments of 5-8 million will begin. You're still looking at a massive payout due within 6 months of his firing to the tune of 23-26 million or so for the next two years. 

43 minutes ago, horn4life said:

They also love to make long term guaranteed football head coach contracts.  Where they paid Kevin Sumlin 10 million not to coach, after amassing a .667 winning percentage. And presently are looking at a $70 Million buyout of Jimbo Fisher.  Since Jimbo signed his 10 year no cut contract prior to the 2021 season the Aggies have had a #1 recruiting class and a 15-12 record with their a $9 million a year coach!  Here is the buyout by year for Fisher.

6-10 in conference since the extension. You just can't make this shit up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Best coach they had was sleepy sherm.  That team that Sumlin inherited was stacked.  Best o-line they've had in decades, Manziel, evens at wr.  They caught lightning in a bottle and had their best season that I can remember?  Then the fanbase frothed up, put all the players in divine status, escalated expectations to biblical levels, and of course it all came crashing back down as it always does.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

The aggies will struggle with any P5 team that has above average talent since it will come down to coaching/execution. Until Petrino/Jimbo prove they can outscore what Durkin gives up then this is a toss up.

Freeze is a big game coach and knows what this win would provide (media laughing at aggie tears do wonders) so i would expect him to come out prepared to take what Durkin gives him all day. They may not win but a FG game coming down to the last possession would be my guess.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ousux said:

According to aggy the SEC was much tougher their first few years, softening up just in time for the sips to join. aggy cognitive dissonance.

This is all I hear from them after we beat Alabama: "The SEC is down across the board this year."

1 minute ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The aggies will struggle with any P5 team that has above average talent since it will come down to coaching/execution. Until Petrino/Jimbo prove they can outscore what Durkin gives up then this is a toss up.

Freeze is a big game coach and knows what this win would provide (media laughing at aggie tears do wonders) so i would expect him to come out prepared to take what Durkin gives him all day. They may not win but a FG game coming down to the last possession would be my guess.  

prediction tracker average is 2.94 points in favor of A&M and median is 3.05. it has a pretty small stddev, so thats about where most folks think its going to end up/be - A&M is lucky it's a home game.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

prediction tracker average is 2.94 points in favor of A&M and median is 3.05. it has a pretty small stddev, so thats about where most folks think its going to end up/be - A&M is lucky it's a home game.

Good insight. Being at 11 at Kyle is positive for Auburn though. They may have the biggest morning to night crowd disparity I have seen.

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

I was reading an article from their 247 site following all of the national picks for the Auburn game. It's like 95% for ATM to not only win, but also cover 7.5. You have to remove the Auburn homers, but even those guys were 67/33 in favor of ATM. 

I don't get it. We have seen nothing from that program to justify things like them starting the season in the top 25, being picked to win and also giving up points in Miami, and now being a consensus lock against Auburn. This is who ATM is. They're a loser program and they always have been. Giving these guys the benefit of the doubt against a team that is 4-1 against them at Kyle Field is just baffling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Best coach they had was sleepy sherm.  That team that Sumlin inherited was stacked.  Best o-line they've had in decades, Manziel, evens at wr.  They caught lightning in a bottle and had their best season that I can remember?  Then the fanbase frothed up, put all the players in divine status, escalated expectations to biblical levels, and of course it all came crashing back down as it always does.

The funniest thing about the best win of that season, against Alabama, would have been impossible.  Except for the complete and total lack of respect the Alabama football team had toward A&M.  Without that complete and total lack of respect, A&M doesn't beat Bama.

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was reading an article from their 247 site following all of the national picks for the Auburn game. It's like 95% for ATM to not only win, but also cover 7.5. You have to remove the Auburn homers, but even those guys were 67/33 in favor of ATM. 

I don't get it. We have seen nothing from that program to justify things like them starting the season in the top 25, being picked to win and also giving up points in Miami, and now being a consensus lock against Auburn. This is who ATM is. They're a loser program and they always have been. Giving these guys the benefit of the doubt against a team that is 4-1 against them at Kyle Field is just baffling. 

i suspect it is more of a commentary on auburn than the agros.

the auburn-cal game was the late game of the week a couple of weeks ago and auburn truly did look like hammered dogshit in that game.  they had no business beating cal.  They threw for a total of 94 yards and had 230 total yards on the day.  auburn turned the ball over 4 times and the only thing that saved them was that cal turned it over 3.  they were out-possessed by ten minutes and looked foolish.

freeze and his no ethics shenanigans will soon have auburn competitive again but it is first year stuff right now.  they are pretty terrible.  i suspect the agro front four will have their "get the fans hopes up" day this week.  on the other hand, this game can be wild and auburn will certainly be the first breathing defense that weigman has to face.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Good insight. Being at 11 at Kyle is positive for Auburn though. They may have the biggest morning to night crowd disparity I have seen.

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

its a pretty weird situation prediction tracker overall has A&M winning 57.16% of the time and covering 41.28% of the time.

the #1 SU group in prediction tracker has picked A&M by 3.4.

the #1 ATS group has Auburn by 1.55

everything about this game says it's going to be close.

here is Statsowar's projection to look at some more of the advanced stuff. Auburn has played a truly aweful slate so far, like #110 SOS in the country.

Spoiler

F6ZUbPUaMAAO0_k?format=jpg&name=4096x409

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

i suspect it is more of a commentary on auburn than the agros.

the auburn-cal game was the late game of the week a couple of weeks ago and auburn truly did look like hammered dogshit in that game.  they had no business beating cal.  They threw for a total of 94 yards and had 230 total yards on the day.  auburn turned the ball over 4 times and the only thing that saved them was that cal turned it over 3.  they were out-possessed by ten minutes and looked foolish.

freeze and his no ethics shenanigans will soon have auburn competitive again but it is first year stuff right now.  they are pretty terrible.  i suspect the agro front four will have their "get the fans hopes up" day this week.  on the other hand, this game can be wild and auburn will certainly be the first breathing defense that weigman has to face.

to be fair that game looks like just one of the least watchable games so far this year.

image.png.b89e7361401266e4adfe80acc6e05ebe.png

5 minutes ago, wood said:

- Jimbo is 41-22 at aggy. He was 83-23 at UF.

- Jimbo is 23-18 in SEC games at aggy. He was 41-16 at UF. 5 of those losses came in his last season at UF, his only season there with a losing SEC record.

- Jimbo has had winning SEC records in 2 of 5 seasons at aggy. He had them in 7 of 8 years at UF. 

* FSU which isn't in the SEC

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

* FSU which isn't in the SEC

Holy shit. LOL. My bad. I'm stoopid. Reported post for correction or deletion. Never mind re: the SEC part. As I was typing "UF" I kept thinking 'that doesn't seem right. Ah, well. Fuck it.'

I gotta start getting to bed earlier.

But you get the point ... 

Edited by wood
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Holy shit. LOL. My bad. Never mind re: the SEC part. As I was typing "UF" I kept thinking 'that doesn't seem right. Ah, well. Fuck it.'

I gotta start getting to bed earlier.

But you get the point ... 

Stay up all night watching Japanese F1 or something?  Drink some coffee, man!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't know. How many gay men go in for uniformed cultists performing spastic dances in public? 

Lots of gays could get in the mood for some cosplay.  But the costumes have to be better than a white milkman costume that doesn't show off the figure.  They aren't getting laid by anyone but true believers (and sheep) in those getups.  And when they do decide to get out of those milman costumes, their backup is to go with coveralls and puff paint.  Lots of gays like a good arts and crafts project, but, no no no no no.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

- Jimbo is 41-22 at aggy. He was 83-23 at FSU.

- Jimbo is 23-18 in SEC games at aggy. He was 41-16 in conference at FSU. 5 of those losses came in his last season at FSU, his only season there with a losing conference record.

- Jimbo has had winning conference records in 2 of 5 seasons at aggy. He had them in 7 of 8 years at FSU. 

Dumbassery mitigated ... for now.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I see that you didn't watch the Auburn-Cal game.  Cal beat them up and down the field, but kept missing field goals.

17 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I see that you didn't watch the Auburn-Cal game.  Cal beat them up and down the field, but kept missing field goals.

I try not to take too much from any one game.  Auburn's offense sucked last year.  They have a better offensive coach this year and they still have a defense.  Auburn has at least a 30 percent chance of winning.

The A&M O-line and secondary are terrible.  That can get your ass beat no matter the rest of the team.  And the OL can get their concussion prone QB knocked right out.

29 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I try not to take too much from any one game.  Auburn's offense sucked last year.  They have a better offensive coach this year and they still have a defense.  Auburn has at least a 30 percent chance of winning.

The A&M O-line and secondary are terrible.  That can get your ass beat no matter the rest of the team.  And the OL can get their concussion prone QB knocked right out.

If an event has a 70% chance of happening and everyone knows that and has full information, then predictions of the event results should be nearly 100% in favor of the 70% result. Event probability and prediction percentage don't match in a perfect world. 

If I handed you a single die and asked you to make a prediction on which event would happen, either you roll a 1 or you don't, you would predict you don't. So would everyone else. Same logic. The percentage of people who predict they won't roll a 1 would be much higher than 83%. The 83% probability would be the correct bet 100% of the time. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1