• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I agree.

Perhaps another extension would help to settle things for him and really let him focus. 

Yea him being on the hot seat probably has him not sleeping at night!

In all honesty he would be richer if he sucked more and got bought out before that contract comes to an end. His motivation should be to lose. 

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yea him being on the hot seat probably has him not sleeping at night!

In all honesty he would be richer if he sucked more and got bought out before that contract comes to an end. His motivation should be to lose. 

I mean I'm pretty sure that is what he has been doing actively since the weak ass Gator Bowl forfeit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Conspiracy Theory: aggy is paying media to get positive coverage because they are envious of Texas but it is backfiring

Josh Pate looooooves to talk about aggy. They are a subject on nearly every podcast. A few podcasts ago, he mentioned how he got an email from a listener who basically was wondering why he talks about aggy so much, and the listener had a theory that Pate talks about them a lot because of their connection with Academy and Pate’s connection with Academy so Pate is being told to talk them up in a positive light. Pate said he didn’t think about it in that way (sure bro) and then mentioned if he was told to talk up aggy, he would have also been told to talk up Texas and USC. So it wasn’t true. 

But I’ve noticed media members really, really, really want aggy to be good and keeps wondering why they aren’t better and why they haven’t won anything in nearly 85 years. Texas used to get the “doing less with more” moniker, but I really think people are starting to see that moniker belongs to A&M. For all of the “pride” and “tradition (not winning tradition just tradition on visuals with their ‘culture’”) they have nothing to show for it. Aggy always wants to be lumped in with the other blue bloods of college football based on traditions but they have nothing to show for it and now the media is asking why? Shouldn’t y’all have more winning to go with what you’re showing off?

I also think (conspiracy theory part 2) the football gods do not like that aggy tried to buy their way to relevance and to titles and they are being punished for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The dude who has UT at #4 and OU at #8 despite us getting Sark'd 11 days ago.  Notice he has aggy at #16 despite consecutive losses and 3 overall.  I'm pretty sure he has no fucking clue how football works...

He also apparently missed the UW-UO game a couple of days ago.  

This moron looks exactly like the type of person who would tried to get paid for elevating a team.  The real question is why anyone would want to pay him.  

Edited by Beau Vine

9 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

The dude who has UT at #4 and OU at #8 despite us getting Sark'd 11 days ago.  Notice he has aggy at #16 despite consecutive losses and 3 overall.  I'm pretty sure he has no fucking clue how football works...

4 spots above an Ole Miss team who should run a train on them in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Conspiracy Theory: aggy is paying media to get positive coverage because they are envious of Texas but it is backfiring

Josh Pate looooooves to talk about aggy. They are a subject on nearly every podcast. A few podcasts ago, he mentioned how he got an email from a listener who basically was wondering why he talks about aggy so much, and the listener had a theory that Pate talks about them a lot because of their connection with Academy and Pate’s connection with Academy so Pate is being told to talk them up in a positive light.

Anything is possible, I suppose. It really hasn't ever made sense why anyone nationally pays attention to them because they are never relevant on the national stage.

That said, Josh Pate may have looked at Billy Liucci and realized that if that mongoloid wop can make money for nothing, maybe he should get a piece of that same action. Not a bad strategy. I mean, there are 3 or 4 people in this world who still pay attention to Taylor Hamm (aside from Longhorns who are entertained by his idiocy and aside from all the authorities enforcing the restraining orders).

20 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

Yep, this is from a 1981 Texas Monthly article...

image.thumb.png.1dc14f2df561fd16d3a95b3142d9c802.png

This gem is from the same article...

image.thumb.png.518e975040f61f4dffe666c13d600054.png

Seriously, I had gathered these guys were weirdos, but openly squeezing your nuts is a bridge too far.  That is the weirdest shit I may have ever seen.

54 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Seriously, I had gathered these guys were weirdos, but openly squeezing your nuts is a bridge too far.  That is the weirdest shit I may have ever seen.

I knew about the nut squeezing, but the waterboarding of your own nutsack is something i hadn't heard of and is......also extremely weird, maybe weirder.

His polls are who is better poll, it is a predictive poll like what Vegas probably uses, I mean I also think UT will beat OU in December too.

That said these polls should be nowhere near what should be the CFP poll which is who is more deserving.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

You know what’s worse than her freak out on the plane? Those fucking Sharpied on eyebrows.

I'm more impressed that she caught a major league foul ball, which are all new balls, and somehow it appears to be well used/older.   Almost like she brought a ball from home and pretended to have caught it at the game for likes and clicks. 

But how could that be what happened?  Weird.

26 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I like Josh Pate. Would rather watch his CFB shows than anything on TV. 

I run hot and cold with him because he has blind spots such as overrating talent rankings, anointing head coaches as being really good because they were good assistants under Saban or Kirby before actually showing any results (Pittman,  Mario,  Napier, and Lanning for example),  and trusting mouthpieces like Looch to feed him accurate information.

I don't like his uppity positive outlook for every team. If this or this goes well,  they can win 8 to 11 games. Rinse and repeat for every team he discusses. And I really don't care for 'insider' information he withholds until the cat is out of the bag and he can 'speak freely ' about it. 

Anyway,  he's good at talking.

3 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

I run hot and cold with him because he has blind spots such as overrating talent rankings, anointing head coaches as being really good because they were good assistants under Saban or Kirby before actually showing any results (Pittman,  Mario,  Napier, and Lanning for example),  and trusting mouthpieces like Looch to feed him accurate information.

I don't like his uppity positive outlook for every team. If this or this goes well,  they can win 8 to 11 games. Rinse and repeat for every team he discusses. And I really don't care for 'insider' information he withholds until the cat is out of the bag and he can 'speak freely ' about it. 

Yeah, he's generally takes a positive stance with every team, but the bonus with that is he avoids reactionary hot takes that drive the discourse almost everywhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Honestly his comment is more of an indictment of the absolute pond level scum sports TV/Radio is right now with Stephen A, McAffee, and all the sports talk losers.

Josh is very biased and it is that Texags link.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, linux said:

Honestly his comment is more of an indictment of the absolute pond level scum sports TV/Radio is right now with Stephen A, McAffee, and all the sports talk losers.

Josh is very biased and it is that Texags link.

Oh God, never listen to those guys. They are terrible. But I wanted to say that about Pate for a while and just didn't have a space for it.

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

I'm more impressed that she caught a major league foul ball, which are all new balls, and somehow it appears to be well used/older.   Almost like she brought a ball from home and pretended to have caught it at the game for likes and clicks. 

But how could that be what happened?  Weird.

I'm not a big baseball guy but fairly sure they dirt the balls up beforehand because the pitchers like it that way or something. Same thing with footballs in the NFL, the new balls are too slippery and the teams will actually put a bunch of shit on them to weather them a bit.

15 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not a big baseball guy but fairly sure they dirt the balls up beforehand because the pitchers like it that way or something. Same thing with footballs in the NFL, the new balls are too slippery and the teams will actually put a bunch of shit on them to weather them a bit.

MLB mud comes from New Jersey 

IMG_6229.jpeg