• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Surprised no one asked for an update on Evan Stewart, rather than assuming he is returning to practice this week.'

Sounds to me like Stewart will be portaling out. IIRC, this is how last year wound up. Gradually, more and more players were "injured" and out and then POOF!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah, I can understand Stewart. He's produced on the field. 

Owens has 185 yards rushing and is only averaging 3 yards a carry. Now A&M's OL is shit but you're taking a headache on complete projection. No thanks on Owens. 

This. 

Baxter and whatever back #2 is (I think Blue has a chance to take over RB2 role if JB24 goes pro) is a better option.

29 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

This. 

Baxter and whatever back #2 is (I think Blue has a chance to take over RB2 role if JB24 goes pro) is a better option.

Blue has shown a little something this year. I am glad that we are starting to see some real development on this team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

People keep mentioning ACU, as that is the following week. This Saturday’s evening tilt is MS-aggy vs aggy in CS. If MS-aggy wins, they’ll be 5-5. If our own aggy loses, they’ll be 5-5. Both are Maroon, so let’s have a “Maroon Out!”

Kind of like kissing your sister, because “cousin” might just bring a little more excitement!

Hook’em!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

I think he has got at least another year. look at their 2024 schedule.

• 7 home games
  • all 4 non conference games at home.
  • No Alabama
  • 6 middling SEC opponents with a combined 11-24 record in conference play so far this season : Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Miss St, South Carolina, Mizz
  • 3 of their 4 non conference games are creampuffs
  • a home game against a Notre Dame that hasn't been Notre Dame in decades.
  • and then two tough conference games, LSU and Horns, also both home games.

Next year is the year, right?

image.png.1cfd7a87306679ca6c791594f25f742f.png

I see 4and8 next year. 

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

I think he has got at least another year. look at their 2024 schedule.

• 7 home games
  • all 4 non conference games at home.
  • No Alabama
  • 6 middling SEC opponents with a combined 11-24 record in conference play so far this season : Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Miss St, South Carolina, Mizz
  • 3 of their 4 non conference games are creampuffs
  • a home game against a Notre Dame that hasn't been Notre Dame in decades.
  • and then two tough conference games, LSU and Horns, also both home games.

Next year is the year, right?

image.png.1cfd7a87306679ca6c791594f25f742f.png

All the underlined are losses. Jimbo doesn't win road games, and well, us. Note Dame will punch them in the mouth the same way Miami did. Then the LSU and Mizzou games are a toss up. I say between 5-7 or 7-5.

image.png.1cfd7a87306679ca6c791594f25f742f.png.d4af8957d4fbc0502d15101aa89b40c0.png

Edited by Thatguy

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

All the underlined are losses. Jimbo doesn't win road games, and well, us. Note Dame will punch them in the mouth the same way Miami did. Then the LSU and Mizzou games are a toss up. I say between 5-7 or 7-5.

image.png.1cfd7a87306679ca6c791594f25f742f.png.d4af8957d4fbc0502d15101aa89b40c0.png

What an embarrassment of a schedule. I guarantee you they will talk it up as the hardest schedule known to mankind when they go 6 and 6 or 5 and 7.

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

New Mexico State is 7-3 this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean Texas has been just as QB lucky as aggy.

Thompson

Card

Ewers

Card

Ewers

Murphy

The problem is Sarkisian has built a much better program around that 1 position to cover for the injuries and has gone 14-4 in his last 18 games. Including 2-1 on the road against Top 15 teams, and 4-4 against ranked teams.

Yeah, but you can’t compare UT against bdf with aggy against SECX3. After all, when is the last time UT won a road game against a SECX3 team?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thatguy said:

They could easily be 0-5 in SEC play and staring down LSU, Mizz and UT.

Crap, can you imagine ending the year with an Aggie team winless in SEC play? They'd show up to our first match up in 12 yrs like a pack of blood thirsty meth heads.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

They are right there with Alabama, Ole Miss and Tennessee, who I believe is a top-15 team right now. Throw LSU into the mix. I don't how they will do if Max Johnson doesn't play.

Weren’t there some pretty strong quotes from Looch and co. after week 1, definitively saying that Alabama was down this year?

All of that and only one brief mention of Texas?  Is Billy ill?
He may actually be getting to the point of being more worried about aggy than what we do or don't do? Unthinkable..

Anyway, that was some authentic low IQ frontier gibberish. I didn't even read half of it, but he sounds like a beaten man trying to find light at the end of the tunnel.

Reuben Owens can't get many reps on the field because he is a complete liability as a blocker. 
Stewart may or may not have had an actual injury. 
Brownlow-Dindy hasn't played a snap in weeks. They're speculating that he's heading to the portal.

Is aggy gonna do the Christian thing and pack up his dad's church to follow him where he goes? I think that will play more than a small role if he decides to stay.

With the talent exodus they’ll likely have, a terrible OL, and tons of question marks at QB, I think 8-4 is reasonable. 

image.gif.7661843c49473895f02480e68a9e2d65.gif
The donors will use the money they saved by not shitcanning Jimbo on the player retention fund. That's the only reason I can see a chance the meat of their roster stays at aggy.

I mean, that and a lack of real portal buzz for some of them. Stewart could go anywhere, it would be nice if he joined his buddy Johntay Cook to finish out his college career.

What are the odds on Evan Stewart and Ruben Owens portaling to Texas?
Owens could be taught how to block.
Stewart could see how he does in a good offense.
Stewart is a take all day every day, no thank you on Owens. He had his chance to be a Longhorn and blew it. Choice is doing just fine recruiting that position, as in RB's who can tote the rock AND pass block when needed.

I'd like to believe, but Gata and Cocks are beyond hapless this year and no reason to think they'll be much better next season.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Sunk cost fallacy

It's more about affordability right?   If they want the next guy to be a top 10 coach he's going to demand the same amount, or more.  Can they seriously afford to spend an average of $20mm per year for the next 7 years on head coaching?   The money to Jimbo is committed but not spent (sunk).  

• Hook 'Em 2