• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Aggy, probably Michigan, maybe USC are all on the carousel this year. 

Best case they made this move thinking they have Lanning locked up and he spurns them, sending them into an actual coaching search there they get rejected publicly multiple times before settling.

Worst case they actually get Lanning. We would hate that fucker just as much as Cowboys fans hate Sirianni

Edited by cmontexas
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, ryskey said:

Ok, where is the idea coming from that this buyout is going to come directly or indirectly from the AUF?  There are strict requirements on uses, or maybe I'm confusing UT's requirements and oversight for PUF/AUF funds and projecting that on A&M's governance.  So maybe I just answered my own question.  Money is fungible and and people can rationalize all kinds of crazy things, but holy shit I can't imagine even A&M doing this. 

image.thumb.png.0d9b6d6c647fad15a3b153b57e6bb1fa.png

Yes, A&M is gonna cut the check directly.  And over many, many years it'll be recovered by donors and athletics revenue and craft brew sales and whatever the fuck else.  But A&M does have an extra $75mm in their fiscal budget this year available on a few days notice.  So it will come from their operational accounts combined with some significant portion in their athletics account.  And that large gap, considering there's still 7+ months left in their academic/fiscal/athletics year will have to be filled back in.  the AUF isn't set up to do shit like that.  So you're gonna watch A&M try to put on a financial literacy seminar combined with a magic show tomorrow and UTIMCO's gonna be left holding the bag on behalf of faculty & staff.  This isn't a cash reserves/equivalents rounding error.  Some shit will have to be liquidated prematurely.  And I'm not talking about the sheep.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

The contract features a $500,000 yearly incentive should the Ducks win the College Football Playoff National Championship Game. It also raises Lanning's buyout to $20 million should he elect to leave the school before the final postseason game of the 2028 season. 

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/football/oregon-head-coach-dan-lanning-receives-contract-extension-through-2028-season

Tack on another $20M buyout. And he's not going to leave before the conference championship game so aggy gave Phil Knight plenty of time to extend him again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mdmost said:

aggy is about to make a lot of coaches a lot of extra money with quick extensions. Dan Lanning and Kalen DeBoer will be the first. 

Ducks extended Lanning in July.  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/oregon-locks-up-dan-lanning-with-45-million-extension-including-20m-buyout-should-coach-leave/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

If he really gets $76,000,000 to leave there have to be some people in administration who lose their jobs as well. People who sign off on these contracts have to have some ownership of them as well.

They’ll probably do some sovereign immunity stiff. That’s why Billy had to make sure and state that this would be “the university” making the decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Davis Lane said:

So not only do they have to take care of Jimbo's buyout, they also have to cough up the dough for another coach's buyout. 

I laughed.

What's even funnier is we all know they are gonna have to buy this next coach out twice. And who knows how expensive that will be by the time they get someone signed.

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

hahahahaha.

this is absolutely hilarious, hahahaha.

these fucking idiots just spent 100mil on firing a football coach.

it’s gonna be elko. they’ll give him a lower contract but bigger incentives for making and winning in the playoffs. these next couple of weeks are gonna be fun watching them rummage through all the candidates and get shat all over from the media and fans before going to elko. but elko was always the plan. maybe he saw how atrocious jimbo was at running the program and thought, hell i could do better than that dumbass. but, he won’t.

i also wonder if they’ve got some sort of non-disclosure as they didn’t find some reason to fire him for cause. so we’re unlikely to get many juicy leaks but to it would sure be fun to read their big donors group chat over the last couple of weeks.. hahahaha.

I have no inside knowledge of UO, other than having a sophomore there.

What I can say is:  

1)Two weeks is lots of time for Shoe Daddy to make sure Lanning stays out. 

2)Show me Dan Lanning after Nix graduates, and I’ll tell you how good he actually is. He’s made plenty of dumbass in game choices  that Nix and a veteran defense mostly recruited by Cristobal have covered for. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Texas A&M freshman WR Raymond Cottrell plans to enter the transfer portal. Four-star signee from Florida.

Aggie players can get a head start on entering the portal in the next 30 days due to the coaching change.

It’s going to be nuts. I wonder if players will just opt-out of the remaining games? I think, in today’s crazy college sports world, a guy would have to be nuts to jeopardize his future for an interim coach, and the Dukes Mayo Bowl.

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It’s going to be nuts. I wonder if players will just opt-out of the remaining games? I think, in today’s crazy college sports world, a guy would have to be nuts to jeopardize his future for an interim coach, and the Dukes Mayo Bowl.

They're going to play in the Duke's Mayo Bowl and spend $200 million for Duke's coach.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

"Wish him the best in his future endeavors?" That shit reads like an email sent to fire an hourly worker at Kroger for no call-no showing one too many times.

Well.....you didn't really expect anything better did you?

The Kroger situation fits perfectly considering the abomination of a stadium that they call home.

• Like 1