• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

17 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I have seen this movie before. A guy by the name of Bill Stewart at West Virginia took over when RichRod went to Michigan. The players rallied around him and won the fiesta bowl over Oklahoma, then they demanded he be the coach. The AD acquiesced, and then he went 9-4, 9-4, 9-4, and was fired three years later. 

there is a LOT more to that story that you left out.

i'll drop the wiki summary:

On June 10, 2011, Stewart resigned and Holgorsen took over as head coach, effective immediately.[18] The relationship between Stewart and Holgorsen had been strained from the beginning, and came to a head in late May when Colin Dunlap, a journalist with KDKA-FM in Pittsburgh, reported that Stewart had asked him while he was a reporter with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, and a reporter with The Charleston Gazette to dig up dirt about Holgorsen and smear his name in headlines for their respective papers. These calls were made in December before Holgorsen even came to West Virginia. While athletic director Oliver Luck was unable to fully substantiate the reporters' claims, he determined that Stewart had become too much of a distraction and forced Stewart's immediate resignation. WVU and Stewart subsequently negotiated a buyout of Stewart's contract.[19] It was reported that Stewart was fired for "conduct detrimental to the university," but was allowed to publicly save face by resigning.[20]

here was his record at WVU

image.png.666a78a9d2ece246f1fcb63641edf839.png

then like 2 years later he had a heart attack on the golf course and died

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fud said:

Ask your baylor regent friend how much Dave's buyout is 

where i'm hearing it from is that level as well.

they can't keep Dave after this year for a lot of reasons but here is their home game results:

• lost 42-31 to Texas State
  • lost 20-13 to Utah
  • won 30-7 to Long Island University
  • lost 38-6 to Texas
  • lost 39-14 to Texas Tech
  • lost 30-18 to Iowa State
  • lost 25-24 to Houston

its killing attendance and killing interest in the program.

unless it's a Jimbo level buyout idk how they can keep him. if it's a Gus Malzahn level buyout he's toast.

again, this is coming from the BOR level at Baylor, not the booster level, not talking within the AD - if it's at the BOR level it's a very real problem for him

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I didn't watch the game,  I wonder if there's any truth to this.  

It seems more like something they'd make up after the game because it sounds good. The easier and more believable explanation is that MSU sucks, their coach was out the door and out of his depth, and they had no film on ATM's starting qb.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Is Elko leader in the clubhouse? Can’t say, hearing so many names right now, mentions Urban and Dan Campbell (or even Aaron Glenn).

incredible. here is Aaron Glenn's coaching history:

image.png.d9d99f4521b4cc255203764cd77fdc7c.png

would he be an interesting hire? absolutely. can he recruit? who knows. has he ever coached in college? nope. has he ever shown any interest in college? well, he chose to start his career off with a team who played in the Southern Indoor Football League before starting at a college, so....

these morons are only two steps away from having a ton of alums as coaches like OU does (Lebby OC, Finley at TE, Hall at Safties, Murray at RB) - which is really dumb.

• Haha 1

Oh man...the more I keep seeing Elijah Robinson's name thrown around, the more it makes sense.

* Olin and Billy are both laying the groundwork for a lesser name

* ERob would be an absolute bargain basement hire at a time when they are having serious cash flow issues

* All of the assistant coaches that were already extended would stay (again; cash flow issues)

* They could probably retain some of their players

Maybe they are just out pretending to search and throwing out big names but already know.

I am now going with Elko, Robinson, Traylor as my win, place, show.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Elko checks too many boxes

-had a good defense when he was here

-gets praise from pundits

-ensures they keep bag man DT coach and existing DTs who aren't draft eligible

-100% money driven guy.  Will bolt job for an extra buck

-looks like an Aggie 

I agree I think Elko is ostensibly their best choice and makes the most sense from their perspective.  I also feel like he is a vast upgrade over Fisher so they will undoubtedly improve if he is the direction they go.  Now with that said if I put on my schadenfreude hat I absolutely want Dabo no questions asked he should be the front runner but sadly I haven't heard much noise out of the agro camp.  If not Dabo then Kiffin and if not Kiffin then Deion would be my preference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

-looks like an Aggie 

You could basically get a twofer with Elko because they could promote Robinson to DC with Elko keeping a hand in the defense. 

39 minutes ago, NoName said:

they can't keep Dave after this year for a lot of reasons but here is their home game results:

• lost 20-13 to Utah
  • lost 38-6 to Texas
  • lost 25-24 to Houston

unless it's a Jimbo level buyout idk how they can keep him. if it's a Gus Malzahn level buyout he's toast.

again, this is coming from the BOR level at Baylor, not the booster level, not talking within the AD - if it's at the BOR level it's a very real problem for him

Jimbo to Baylor !!!

From Gigem to Sicem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Let me translate from Aggyspeak

- Lanning said hard no

- Schumann said hard no but Aggy is still begging

- Lane said no, but his agent is fucking with Aggy

- Elko will be hired in 2 weeks unless Traylor's east Texas attaboys win over the dumb donors

lol why on earth would Lane Kiffin want the job? Aggy turned *him* down… JenniferLawrenceOK.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, NoName said:

• lost 20-13 to Utah
  • lost 38-6 to Texas
  • lost 25-24 to Houston

The buyout is widely believed to be somewhere in the $25mm-$30mm range, although I haven't seen a specific number posted anywhere by supposed Baylor insiders

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

- Lanning said hard no

- Elko will be hired in 2 weeks unless Traylor's east Texas attaboys win over the dumb donors

Bolded part got the literal LOL because its funny and possibly true. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

The buyout is widely believed to be somewhere in the $25mm-$30mm range, although I haven't seen a specific number posted anywhere by supposed Baylor insiders

i know it's high based on how much they did to keep him a few years ago

i really and truly just don't know how they keep him.

their last like 4 games have been on ESPN+, not even normal TV. im going to assume their last game of the year will be on ESPN+ because both WVU and Baylor are so bad.

45 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Oh man...the more I keep seeing Elijah Robinson's name thrown around, the more it makes sense.

* Olin and Billy are both laying the groundwork for a lesser name

* ERob would be an absolute bargain basement hire at a time when they are having serious cash flow issues

* All of the assistant coaches that were already extended would stay (again; cash flow issues)

* They could probably retain some of their players

Maybe they are just out pretending to search and throwing out big names but already know.

I am now going with Elko, Robinson, Traylor as my win, place, show.

Does anyone have Olin's preseason This Is the Ags Year/Jimbo is The Man vomit piece?

56 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

- Lanning said hard no

I don’t buy Freshwater for a second   

The agent said “I guess I might be willing to listen to a pitch if the money’s really good”

Aggy translates that to “He wants the job SO bad!”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NoName said:

• lost 20-13 to Utah
  • lost 38-6 to Texas
  • lost 25-24 to Houston

This is just reversion to the Baylor mean.  Took a while to normalize after Briles’ mercenary rape gang raised expectations, but Dave Roberts, Guy Morriss, Chuck Reedy and the Men of Steel are more aligned with historical performance.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I don’t buy Freshwater for a second   

The agent said “I guess I might be willing to listen to a pitch if the money’s really good”

Aggy translates that to “He wants the job SO bad!”

After seeing the ludicrous contract for Jimbo, why not listen?  He wants to see if aggy can tell aggy, "hold my beer"

8 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

This is just reversion to the Baylor mean.  Took a while to normalize after Briles’ mercenary rape gang raised expectations, but Dave Roberts, Guy Morriss, Chuck Reedy and the Men of Steel are more aligned with historical performance.  

Pretty much. They got a nicer stadium to suck in, at least. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

• lost 20-13 to Utah
  • lost 38-6 to Texas
  • lost 25-24 to Houston

So rather than shitting in the toilet stadium the bear is deciding to shit in the woods?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

-looks like an Aggie 

Does Petrino stay to run the offense “we really only saw for the first time last week?”

1 hour ago, NoName said:

• lost 20-13 to Utah
  • lost 38-6 to Texas
  • lost 25-24 to Houston

As of today, Dave is 23-23 in year 4 at Baylor. They'll definitely lose their last 2 games. If he somehow survives the coaching purge this season, his seat will be 3rd degree burns hot for 2024. The 2021 12-2 Big 12 Champions and Sugar Bowl win was the biggest wool over Baylor fans eyes lol 

Oh God I went to a wedding like this in 2011. Girlfriend's cousin was getting married. She went to SMU, husband went to aggy. At the beginning of the reception the DJ played the war hymn and all the aggies ran onto to dance floor whooping and hollering. Then they sawed varsity's horns off... Me, the GF and the non aggies were in the back of the room and couldn't believe we were actually witnessing that buffoonery. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1