Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

43 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

It is quite funny to see the lack of self-awareness from Aggies bragging that money isn't an issue even after Jimbo's buyout. Do they not realize that it should be an issue? Tons of schools could theoretically pay $20m to a football coach but no one else is dumb/childish enough to do so. 

I mean, shit, Stanford could dominate everyone financially if they gave a crap, but guess what, they'd rather fund computer science buildings and stuff that is actually productive to society.

jurassic park film GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

It is quite funny to see the lack of self-awareness from Aggies bragging that money isn't an issue even after Jimbo's buyout. Do they not realize that it should be an issue? Tons of schools could theoretically pay $20m to a football coach but no one else is dumb/childish enough to do so. 
I mean, shit, Stanford could dominate everyone financially if they gave a crap, but guess what, they'd rather fund computer science buildings and stuff that is actually productive to society.

I heard this at the start of NIL. Some talking head mentioned the Stanford and Arkansas should mop up 5 stars but their BMD alumni don’t really care about football as much as the fans. From the many frustrated arkie fans I know, they tell me that they dump a lot in to basketball and baseball.

Thats smart. They can be good at those with minimal investment vs football.

I heard this at the start of NIL. Some talking head mentioned the Stanford and Arkansas should mop up 5 stars but their BMD alumni don’t really care about football as much as the fans. From the many frustrated arkie fans I know, they tell me that they dump a lot in to basketball and baseball.

Thats smart. They can be good at those with minimal investment vs football.

Not sure wtf happened there

I love my school, but go back there? Fuck no. 

"Maybe. But that's all good. Certainly, I know some people there and I love my school," Campbell said during Friday's practice. "That's my alma mater and I want to do anything I can to help them but coach for them. So, and I'll do that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38920769/lions-dan-campbell-not-interested-texas-job

They are going to end up with the new 12th man coaching for them. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Schumann is benefitting from just being in Smart's orbit. People around the sport and who know those guys don't see Schumann as some sort of wunderkind. I would love that hire.

Swinney is Jimbo Fisher Part Deux. His folksy shit would work at ATM to an extant, but he's an idiot beyond the schtick and the game has passed him by, even though he's pretty young. He won before the portal and before NIL by creating the whole notion of family and running payments in a high quality bag game through a church and with the help of a $9.95ers helping funnel things. On top of all of this, he'd cost an arm and a leg both in the Clemson buyout and in salary. 

They stopped Clemson-ing after Venables arrival and went right back to Clemson-ing after Venables departure.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I still can't get over the hilarity of hiring him for $75M and letting him go for $76M.

During the period in between, he "earned" about $42M for going 45-25 with no SEC titles, no SEC championship games,and no playoff appearances.  IOW, for less "success" than Sumlin.

Only aggy could do this.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Did I hear correctly Bjork interviewed Traylor via Zoom?    You mean Bjork couldn’t take the aggy Private jet that brought Jimbo to Collie Station down to SA for a 30 min flight and meet Traylor in person ?  What an idiot.   

Well...

tbsQ4jXPox0eTDO62gNU_dUSCbYAvF7tmVMR8XoP9CE.jpg.d272a41fcce6d8d27ba868ab372cbf2e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Pancho said:

Highly doubt it’s true but someone on IT is saying aggy is announcing tomorrow and it’s not Traylor. 

🤷🏾‍♂️

I got a drunken text from an aggy friend last night. He said it was OSU coach Diane?

Not sure which OSU and never heard of this name. He might have meant Ohio St. Coach Ryan Day which is so delusional it would make sense.

• Haha 3

This is how stupid the “media” world is today 

Lucci, co-owner of a college football message board, also a “journalist” in todays world puts out an “article” listing a bunch of made up shit to fluff and grift the stupidest fan base in the world, like Ryan Day, Dabo, Rhule, Urban, Kiffin, DeBoer, could all be legitimate coaching candidates. 

This gets circulated on other college football message boards

The next day, dumb message board fans communicate to casual fans, and we get ‘I heard Rhule or Day is interviewing at A&M’

The next step is lazy clickbait media like ESPN will start talking about it too. Because they’re no longer journalist either. 

The aristocrats 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2